Next WoW Expansion: Legion's End

(Locked)

25 Blood Elf Paladin
12/08/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Vynathlon
Wow Vyrin you have such a great track record. I mean being able to divert even the most contrived threads towards the Forsaken? Someone really needs to award you with a Forsaken hater award. Seriously I don't think anyone else does it the same way as you do. I mean taking a nice simple thread about the Burning Legion and twisting it into a "Forsaken are evil" thread? Priceless.

Yes, how on EARTH could a thread that proposes both factions becoming the same and all animosity between their member races be cleared up have ANYTHING to do with the Alliance's animosity towards the Forsaken?
100 Human Paladin
When it comes to any talk about peace between the Alliance and the Horde, the Forsaken are definitely the elephant in the room.

Peace in Kalimdor should be relatively easy to negotiate... but as long as there are undead in Lordaeron, any sort of ceasefire (much less an Army of the Light) is going to feel ridiculously contrived.
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
12/08/2012 11:46 PMPosted by Vyrin
Yes, how on EARTH could a thread that proposes both factions becoming the same and all animosity between their member races be cleared up have ANYTHING to do with the Alliance's animosity towards the Forsaken?
The Alliance's? No no I think you mean the Forsaken's animosity towards the Alliance. I think it's safe to say that if the Alliance and Horde were to become the Army of Light that the Forsaken would simply be killed off. They're best for war and that's all they're good for. Now that the Lich King is dead as well their main goal in unlife is gone now they're kind of loitering and killing Alliance while making themselves into a new race. If an unstoppable Army of Light is to come to pass I think the Forsaken need to die off, or else there needs to be another massive neutral faction like there has been for every expansion so far.
When it comes to any talk about peace between the Alliance and the Horde, the Forsaken are definitely the elephant in the room.

Peace in Kalimdor should be relatively easy to negotiate... but as long as there are undead in Lordaeron, any sort of ceasefire (much less an Army of the Light) is going to feel ridiculously contrived.

Well a ceasefire might be possible, especially if the next Warchief keeps Sylvanas on a tight leash. That's only going to delay the day when the Forsaken have to be dealt with in a meaningful way, but even that would be significant if the Legion ends up invading.

Over the long term, the question of what to do about the Forsaken is going to have to be answered. Killing them off completely isn't really an option, especially within the scope of WoW, but if they were to lose access to the Val'kyr and undergo a strong enough cultural shift along with a change in leadership, then that might be a solution as well.
91 Undead Warlock

There are demons raining from the sky, the only hope is to unite together, even for the briefest moment, or else Azeroth as we know it shall be destroyed!

You really think the Alliance is going to cross it's arm and say no becuase Forsaken currently live in 1 fourth of Lordaeron?
90 Dwarf Warrior
12/06/2012 03:45 AMPosted by Ximothy
If factions join, it likely won't be actually in the game mechanics. World PvP and battle grounds are old grudges that players may hold. Also, because Blizzard said they won't be redoing Azeroth, so factions have to remain for the other content, it would be end level things only that make it feel like one faction.

There could always be high-level phasing in the capital cities for high-levels on that expansion?
90 Dwarf Warrior

Well a ceasefire might be possible, especially if the next Warchief keeps Sylvanas on a tight leash. That's only going to delay the day when the Forsaken have to be dealt with in a meaningful way, but even that would be significant if the Legion ends up invading.

Over the long term, the question of what to do about the Forsaken is going to have to be answered. Killing them off completely isn't really an option, especially within the scope of WoW, but if they were to lose access to the Val'kyr and undergo a strong enough cultural shift along with a change in leadership, then that might be a solution as well.

I kinda digged how the Knights of the Ebon Blade dealt with their undeath.
They're still very powerful and very dark, but they are clearly "good guys".(Even if their "good" is achieved by questionable methods.)
They realized that there really "isn't" a place for Undeath in Azeroth and that instead of creating more, like the Scourge did, they can use their curse for good.
Edited by Malodin on 12/9/2012 7:08 AM PST
91 Undead Warlock
They're still very powerful and very dark, but nobody can argue that the Ebon blade aren't good guys (Even if their "good" is achieved by questionable methods.)
They realized that there really "isn't" a place for Undeath in Azeroth and that instead of creating more, like the Scourge did, they can use their curse for good.

I've toyed with the Idea of the Ebon Blade taking command of the Forsaken, but the trouble is trying to find a reason to make them remain Horde.
90 Dwarf Warrior
They're still very powerful and very dark, but nobody can argue that the Ebon blade aren't good guys (Even if their "good" is achieved by questionable methods.)

I've toyed with the Idea of the Ebon Blade taking command of the Forsaken, but the trouble is trying to find a reason to make them remain Horde.

Perhaps not even take official command. I would lay out something like this;

5.3 (Should this happen, SoO will be 5.4), The Knights of the Ebon Blade strike at the Forsaken, finally deciding that they won't let them become even more like the Scourge. (The Forsaken have to do something "really" big, first, something nobody can argue was good for anybody.) The Ebon Blade would strike secretly, as to avoid major conflict with the Horde, at first.

The dailies would consist of destroying plague-canisters and platoons of deathguards. The raid would start with your group and Thassarian taking out Sylvanas' chain of command, all the way up to Koltiria, at that point you beat him (Brainwashed at this point) to his senses, then They go their merry way. At this point, Darion would move in for the "Val'kyr" fight as well as the Sylvanas fight. He would make some sort of speech about how he will not allow any group become like the Scourge.

At this point, The Ebon Blade takes some of their bretheren who happen to be Horde-races and distribute them into the Forsaken's leadership. From that point, the "new" Forsaken leaders would "swear" loyalty to the Horde and take off their Ebon tabard.

Now, what this would do would be to not only add new flavor to that patch, but also cause friction between the Forsaken and the Ebon Blade.. Questions will be asked like;
"What's going to happen to our military campaigns now that the Ebon Blade has installed puppet-leaders?" or "We need to rise up against the Ebon Blade's leadership over us, but who will be our leader now that Sylvanas has had true death?"
That could be an interesting theme for the Forsaken; A group who hates their oppresive leadership, but a group who has nobody better to lead them.

I imagine they'd stay with the Horde, it we be so they don't warrent unnecessary fighting than what's already been caused.

Sure, my idea may have holes (Possibly A LOT of holes.) But, at least it breathes life into an old faction, tones the "villain" meter with the Forsaken, and causes a pristine chance for more lore possibilities.
Edited by Malodin on 12/9/2012 8:18 AM PST
91 Undead Warlock
Look, I'm all for replacing Sylvanas, but having two patches, in the same expansion, deticated to destroying the Horde is going to put a lot of people in poor taste. Not to forget, the Horde wouldn't have any soldiers left to fight the Legion with.

12/09/2012 08:10 AMPosted by Malodin
That could be an interesting theme for the Forsaken; A group who hates their oppresive leadership, but a group who has nobody better to lead them.

Not to forget, the idea of the Ebon Blade being like that is... more annoying than interesting. This was the idea behind Garrosh, no orc was better to lead them, and he's an oppresive leader. It would be reclycling themes.

No matter how hard people want it, the Alliance is never going to have a clear victory over the Horde in terms of the War, because the Horde has to exist in a way that makes people want to play them. Having Orgrimmar occupied, Forsaken removed, it's like some people don't want another faction.
Edited by Ximothy on 12/9/2012 8:21 AM PST
There are demons raining from the sky, the only hope is to unite together, even for the briefest moment, or else Azeroth as we know it shall be destroyed!

You really think the Alliance is going to cross it's arm and say no becuase Forsaken currently live in 1 fourth of Lordaeron?

Agreed. I even extend this logic to pretty much any faction who is at war with the Alliance, but has nothing to gain by the world's end. The Horde is simply the most significant of these factions by a considerable margin.

I'd love to see the leader of the Venture Co. (portrayed as a corrupt corporate executive that makes Gallywix look charitable), throwing everything he has at the Burning Legion because of how unprofitable the end of the world would be for him. The whole time being utterly unapologetic about his profiteering ways, when he crunched the numbers he simply noticed that there would be left no one to screw over if the Legion wins.
91 Undead Warlock
I'd love to see the leader of the Venture Co. (portrayed as a corrupt corporate executive that makes Gallywix look charitable), throwing everything he has at the Burning Legion because of how unprofitable the end of the world would be for him. The whole time being utterly unapologetic about his profiteering ways, when he crunched the numbers he simply noticed that there would be left no one to screw over if the Legion wins.

As Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 3 as it is, I would love quests that has us going around the world and recuiting nearly every faction possible, Scourge Remnants, Defias perhaps, Tol'vir, Nerubians, Venture Co., Steamwheedle, Tuskarr, Furbolgs, Hellscream's Horde's Remnants, Naga, etc.

Because, no matter how much they hate each other, most of Azeroth's people wouldn't want to see Azeroth fall to the Burning Legion, even Naga.
95 Human Warrior
i think the next expansion should be about somthing blizzard has not explored yet first off it should be called skyfall where a enemy race will emerge on a huge island rising up from the malstrom and wipes out many coastal villages with tidal waves and violent storms then they start invading al of aerzoth hearlding its distruction and claming their time to inherit the land has come but then just as the war begins to really heat up a race of creatures desends down from a massive flying island that is their home on them helping both the alleince and the horde fight them off they come naturally both islands wil come with new quest lines and new dungeons both normal and heroic modes a pvp battle arena new mounts, pets two new playable races the shy race will be availble to both factions the water race will be availble only to the horde being that they are the enemy of everybody the horde may choose to ally with them only to wipe out the allince to me there is no reason to end the world of warcraft series the can always be more ways to expand the series
90 Tauren Death Knight
holy necro and terrible idea bartin, it's called lore.
95 Human Warrior
02/04/2013 06:22 PMPosted by Bartin
i think the next expansion should be about somthing blizzard has not explored yet first off it should be called skyfall where a enemy race will emerge on a huge island rising up from the malstrom and wipes out many coastal villages with tidal waves and violent storms then they start invading al of aerzoth hearlding its distruction and claming their time to inherit the land has come but then just as the war begins to really heat up a race of creatures desends down from a massive flying island that is their home on them helping both the alleince and the horde fight them off they come naturally both islands wil come with new quest lines and new dungeons both normal and heroic modes a pvp battle arena new mounts, pets two new playable races the shy race will be availble to both factions the water race will be availble only to the horde being that they are the enemy of everybody the horde may choose to ally with them only to wipe out the allince to me there is no reason to end the world of warcraft series the can always be more ways to expand the series
... hey i figured its a better idea then other people were suggesting like making a series ending expansion and basiclly killing any chance for more future expansions that i think would hurt the wow audience and blizzard because people would no longer have anything to look foward to and people to start canceling the accounts and leaving wow
90 Draenei Paladin
Why would Blizzard ever stop making expansions. Maybe when they hit 2M subscribers and are F2P, then drop to 200k. Other than that it doesn't make any sense to me for them to stop making expansions. Unless there is something I'm missing.
Blizzard wont stop making expansions till they get no more $$ but if they do there morons
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Kill Sargeras? Are you mad? Only his avatar came to Azeroth and it took so much power to defeat him. Imagine now Sargeras himself. We might defeat some of his general leaders...but not him. If he dies, it won't be us using swords and fireballs.
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/06/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Ballador
World PVP would die yes, but alot of the time world PVP is just ganking anyways. To make up for players wanting World PVP, I would make it so that World Bosses from the Burning Legion would attack major cities.

How is World PvP going to come about from PvE World Bosses attacking the major cities? Those are PvE bosses, not player run bosses.

12/06/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Ballador
The final expansion should make us feel like the war is over and that it`s time for everyone to bury the grudges they might have. I mean what better way to breathe new life into this game? The Horde and the Alliance have been going at it for 4, yeah count 'em 4 expansions. Wouldn't it be new and cool to be able to have 1 expansion where they aren't?

Yeah. The Alliance is going to want to forgive and forget the millions of people the Horde has killed, murdered and raped, and the wars IT started against the Alliance..
Edited by Kynrind on 2/11/2013 7:37 AM PST
90 Undead Warrior

12/06/2012 02:33 PMPosted by Ttm
Come on. The guy was a Titan and we know how powerful they are.

Ra-den IS a titan. And he was announced as the heroic boss of 5.2.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]