[A + H/RP] <Templars/Blood of the Rose>

100 Human Paladin
Updated 04/04/2016

Greetings, Earthen Ring.

Templars of the Rose and its Hordeside counterpart, Blood of the Rose is a multi-faction, multi-game roleplay guild that combines world RP, storylines, events, PvP, and raiding to create an immersed and fun game experience. The guild was founded on October 3rd, 2007 and continues in WoW and other games today.

About Us
Our guild is a close-knit circle of folks from all walks of life. Ages range from 19 - 50+ and roleplay/gaming experience ranges from beginner to veteran. We take all roleplay types and our main recruitment caveat is hinged on the following: no-fun OOC drama out, fun IC drama in.

We also raid weekly Allianceside with a dedicated team we put together back in Cataclysm. We're open to new raiders as long as they meet our baseline iLevel and DPS/healing standards. There is also a dedicated core group of raiders who enjoy PvP and incorporate it into their characters.

Outside Warcraft
Outside of Warcraft, members also play other games together, namely Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Final Fantasy XIV. We also host a Minecraft server for the guild.

For more information about us and our multi-game community, I invite you to our website:
  • http://templarsoftherose.net / http://bloodoftherose.net

To see us in action in our former home of Theramore, check our Merlynne's Goodbye Theramore video that captured many of the antics that took place there over the years:
  • http://youtu.be/71Jf9G9SCEM

Roleplay
The Rose is known for a variety of roleplay, ranging from campaigns that use world PvP and LFR on a mass scale, smaller character-driven stuffs, and light-hearted events such as the Harbor Market.

Up till Mists of Pandaria, Templars of the Rose was neutral toward the Horde-Alliance war. With the rise of Garrosh Hellscream and destruction of Theramore, the Templars declared war and joined the Alliance cause. The Rose has since distanced itself from the Alliance and Horde and focused on rebuilding the home it lost in Theramore at the beginning of the war and preparing both itself and Azeroth for the next threat bound to unleash itself upon it again.

In contrast, the Blood of the Rose found itself at odds with Garrosh Hellscream's anti-Alliance stances. The order was forced into hiding but many of its members were hunted down during Hellscream's regime. The survivors aligned themselves with the Darkspear Revolt led by Vol'jin. Following the events of Mists of Pandaria into Warlords of Draenor, the Bloods have been rising from war's ashes and laying the foundation of a renewed order.

Contact
If you're interested in joining us, toss a whisper to any online member or reply to this thread.

Templars of the Rose
Arialynn, Koryander, Jarrick, Sielic

Blood of the Rose
Saratega, Sinual, Akhania, Maelstrome

See you all in game.

More Information
The Rose was featured in WoW Insider's 15 Minutes of Fame in 2010, 2012, and 2013:
  • http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/07/20/15-minutes-of-fame-herding-roleplayers-with-a-feather/
  • http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/10/where-are-they-now-the-wow-personalities-of-2010-and-201/
  • http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/12/26/15-minutes-of-fame-where-are-they-now-wow-personalities-2008/
Edited by Arialynn on 4/4/2016 6:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Huzzah!
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Druid
* graffiti's Arialynn is a robot on a wall, then runs*
Reply Quote
Do you mean "The Rose" as something separate from the guild, or do you mean the guild? Because I know you guys have been around longer than 2 months :P
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/08/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Frostea
Do you mean "The Rose" as something separate from the guild, or do you mean the guild? Because I know you guys have been around longer than 2 months :P

Two months? Wow, five years has gone by quickly. :P

I fell into the habit of saying the Rose for shorthand, but in roleplay, the Rose refers to the more diplomatic parts, the Templars the military parts. I'd use ToR, but then folks would be really confused.

On that note, playing a Smuggler in ToR was fun. I wish the game didn't utterly implode.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Arialynn

Two months? Wow, five years has gone by quickly. :P

I fell into the habit of saying the Rose for shorthand, but in roleplay, the Rose refers to the more diplomatic parts, the Templars the military parts. I'd use ToR, but then folks would be really confused.

On that note, playing a Smuggler in ToR was fun. I wish the game didn't utterly implode.

In your main post you said it was founded in 2012!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/09/2012 02:52 AMPosted by Frostea
In your main post you said it was founded in 2012!

Well, I feel sheepish!

Fixed. Thanks, Frostea.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
bump for my templar buddies <3
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
bump for my templar buddies <3

Thanks, Noctre.

Just a heads up to folks that we're continuing full swing in Pandaria roleplay, so if folks want to kick sha or Horde butt, there are plenty of butts to kick.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I totally want to roll a character and play with y'all. I just have such a hard time coming up with something. :<
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I totally want to roll a character and play with y'all. I just have such a hard time coming up with something. :<

Hey, whenever in doubt, ask. (:
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
*Has character now, headbutts at recruitment*
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/14/2013 06:43 AMPosted by Snowihakayda
*Has character now, headbutts at recruitment*

Your headbutts worked, recruitment is open!

In truth, Mosur the Magnificent has been working overtime to help update the recruitment process, and all that work tied up today. Head to our website for details. Please give Mosur hugs.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Yay headbutts! I'll get around to posting one tomorrow or sometime this week, due to classes starting.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
/bump
Reply Quote
29 Human Monk
I am new to the game (well returning player from even before BC, starting fresh) and you seem like what I am looking for. You have a pretty hefty recruitment process though. I guess I will talk to you again when I am level 30 :(
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I am new to the game (well returning player from even before BC, starting fresh) and you seem like what I am looking for. You have a pretty hefty recruitment process though. I guess I will talk to you again when I am level 30 :(

Welcome back! Also: talk to us anytime. RP events are open and we can summon. Templars level alts as well, so feel free to whisper a level 30 and below Templar alt and go dungeoning together. No need to wait till you are level 30.
Reply Quote
29 Human Monk
04/27/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Arialynn

Welcome back! Also: talk to us anytime. RP events are open and we can summon. Templars level alts as well, so feel free to whisper a level 30 and below Templar alt and go dungeoning together. No need to wait till you are level 30.

Ooohh OK. Sounds like a plan. I noticed that the server chat is very quiet, at least in the Stormwind area. No one ever seems to talk. I asked in chat about RP guilds and was told there was very little RP on this server - but I am not buying that.

There was also someone very kind enough to make some bags for me. Everyone on the server has been really nice so far.

I will try and hit up some members of the Rose who are alting under 30. Are any of you on the Earthen Ring RP website? I talked to some people on there about my backstory, and they too were a huge help and had some great ideas.

Really looking forward to getting to know some more people and doing some more social things. That is kind of why I came back to WOW because I remember it was always VERY social, more so than any of the other MMOs i've played since. I hope I can find that again.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Ooohh OK. Sounds like a plan. I noticed that the server chat is very quiet, at least in the Stormwind area. No one ever seems to talk. I asked in chat about RP guilds and was told there was very little RP on this server - but I am not buying that.

There was also someone very kind enough to make some bags for me. Everyone on the server has been really nice so far.

I will try and hit up some members of the Rose who are alting under 30. Are any of you on the Earthen Ring RP website? I talked to some people on there about my backstory, and they too were a huge help and had some great ideas.

Really looking forward to getting to know some more people and doing some more social things. That is kind of why I came back to WOW because I remember it was always VERY social, more so than any of the other MMOs i've played since. I hope I can find that again.

We're here, we just don't tend to frequent Trade chat or hang in Stormwind as much as in the past. Many individuals and guilds roleplay regularly, but it takes place outside Stormwind due to the war occurring in Pandaria. The story shifts to where the trouble is, so to speak.

That said, there are major efforts to start up more spontaneous roleplay in Stormwind these days. To join in on that, join /forthealliance and talk to the folks in there. You can spark your own roleplay as well as ask if there is current roleplay to join in on. It's the community roleplay channel that was created for that purpose, along with OOC mingling and shenanigans. Just keep it PG-13 and swearing to a minimum, since there are occasionally kids in that channel.

The Templars are on the ERN, so don't hesitate to create an account and tap into current events. The ERN has been a good way to post events and storylines for general awareness as well as to help event organizers spread the word and find volunteers. Players also post prose or character journals and receive feedback from friends and even complete strangers. Add that to fan art as well, and it's a good niche on the Internet.

But just know that written roleplay on the ERN will either be a) stand-alone prose from the game or b) prose in reaction to what goes on ingame. So if you want real-time roleplay, check out the posted ERN events as well as ask people on the ERN/FTA where they're hanging out these days. Also, don't be afraid to get people together and start something yourself, roleplay can come from anyone and a server is only made better if roleplay is pouring out of its ears.

Hope that helps. If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up with a whisper anytime ingame.
Edited by Arialynn on 4/28/2013 7:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]