Haste/mastery threshold for 2h and dw + tips

90 Dwarf Death Knight
I was reading somewhere yesterday but i dont remember the term but im sure you guy know what i mean. Basically is there a plateau effect once you hit a certain point until you cross a new threshold?

I hit 90 this morning so idk why it says 89 still under my name.

I bought the pvp gear since it was the only thing i can afford atm and reforge to get my hit close to 7.5 and gemmed to get my exp close to 7.5 as i could.

Im currently doing 2h but since its only a 450 and i can get 2x 463 and dw i was going to consider trying out dw.

I also plan to craft the 476 chest and gloves from klaxxi, i need a couple more motes to have enough to do the chest first.

Ive still got to buy 2 rings and a cloak.

Im new to the game, my first 90 and only been playing a month so please be gentle.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
You're nowhere near the cap and you won't be until you start getting to heroic raids so don't worry about it too much.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
You might be thinking of casters, who have haste thresholds where their DoTs get extra ticks. But death knights don't have that system on our diseases. The only haste cap we could get would be if we had so much haste that we were gaining resources faster than we could spend them, and at level 90 no gear has that much haste yet. And since mastery just boosts the damage dealt by certain spells and abilities, there's no way we could have a cap for that, either.

TL;DR there is no cap for DKs, don't worry about it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
You might be thinking of casters, who have haste thresholds where their DoTs get extra ticks. But death knights don't have that system on our diseases. The only haste cap we could get would be if we had so much haste that we were gaining resources faster than we could spend them, and at level 90 no gear has that much haste yet. And since mastery just boosts the damage dealt by certain spells and abilities, there's no way we could have a cap for that, either.

TL;DR there is no cap for DKs, don't worry about it.

while there isnt really a cap, there are clear lines where other stats become better than haste where haste was previously better.

it changes around a lot with gear so i won't past any numbers.
Edited by Aldmos on 12/7/2012 12:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
You're right, of course. But if memory serves, it didn't become a problem until the second or third raid tier in the last expansion. We're still in the first, and I haven't heard of any problems yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]