Holy mana regen

90 Blood Elf Priest
This thread is for ideas on holy's mana regen. Regen mechanics only.

Here's my idea:

Bathed in Light
Passive
Increases the priest's mana regen from spirit by an additional 20% while in Serenity or Sanctuary chakras. (making it 60% of spirit)

edit: just thought of another thing that could be added. Make the effect disappear when changing chakras for a short amount of time. Could add in some more choices. Do i change chakras now, or will i need the extra mana?
Edited by Keirisonis on 12/5/2012 8:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Just what we need. More punishment for changing chakras on top of the obnoxiously long CD. Exactly what I wanted for Christmas.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
True... hmmm... maybe change that to some sort of chakra flavor side effect? Sorta like resurgence for shamans? If you crit using an aoe spell during sanc chakra, you gain a small amount of mana back, same with serenity chakra and single target heals .

Or even just make it a flat effect like the old revitalize for druids. 10% chance to regain like 5% of spirit on every aoe/ single target spell cast (depending on chakra) with an internal cooldown.

(numbers obviously made up.)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I think the true problem with Holy is more around Mana Cost of spells and not the regen. 5.9% of base mana makes greater heal just as expensive as flash heal and just like the idea is to not spam flash heal, with the amount of damage flying around and Tank's healthpool of over 700K you have to spam greater heal and since the cast time difference really isn't that big, there's not enough regen to make those two spells essentially different.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't like how your idea is tied to Chakra since I despise Chakra already and I don't like how its a simple passive buff. But I like this thread and have a bazillion ideals :D

1. Holy Concentration - 2 min cooldown
Increases your mana regen from spirit by 30% for 15 sec.

A PvP oriented Concentration (Inspired by Dispersion and Paladin Divine Plea),

2. Holy Concentration - 2 min cooldown
Reduces the healing done by your spells and the damage you take by 50%, while restoring 4% of your total mana every 3 sec for 9 sec.

3. Holy Concentration - semi-passive
When you critically heal with Circle of Healing, Prayer of Mending, Renew, Greater Heal, or Lightwell you gain 25% more mana regen from your spirit for 10 sec.

Other ideas:

Hymn of Hope - Instant Cast - 3 min cooldown
Activate to restore 20% of your total mana, while temporarily increasing the mana of nearby raid and party members by 15% for 12 sec.

This would be the holy version, the Disc version would only increase raid/party mana pool by 15%.

Holy Fiend - replaces Shadowfiend/Mindbender
While your Shadowfiend is active you gain 50% more mana regen from your spirit (16% for Mindbender).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
2. Holy Concentration - 2 min cooldown
Reduces the healing done by your spells and the damage you take by 50%, while restoring 4% of your total mana every 3 sec for 9 sec.

I do like this, but it would have to have some sort of downside. maybe movement speed decrease? Unable to critically heal while it's up?

I feel like the easier ones to implement would involve spirit in some way though, considering the fact that blizzard has a !@#$% for spirit.

e: misread it as increase healing done. derp. sounds good as is
Edited by Keirisonis on 12/6/2012 4:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Chakra Surge
Reapplying the current chakra stance grants 2% mana and triggers the same cooldowns as changing stance.

2% may be high. Do not want to overcompensate.

Same button, and makes the chakra CD make a bit more sense.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Chakra Surge
Reapplying the current chakra stance grants 2% mana and triggers the same cooldowns as changing stance.

Discourages changing stances throughout a battle though. It'd just be used on cd. And waiting to change chakra would mean a major hit to mana.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Chakra Surge

This is also really, really clunky sounding.

I'd much rather have an interesting mana regen mechanic that isn't tied to Chakra at all.
Reply Quote
Chakra: Serenity - reduces the mana cost of your single target heals by X%.

Chakra: Sanctuary - reduces the mana cost of your AOE heals by X%.

Simple, effective and easily adjusted.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

It would be nice, if only it scaled. it may work for now, but then later holy will still seem mana starved without constant hotfixing.
Reply Quote

It would be nice, if only it scaled. it may work for now, but then later holy will still seem mana starved without constant hotfixing.

Ok, how about X = % of your Spirit then?

Chakra: Serenity - reduces the mana cost of your single target heals by X% of your Spirit.

Chakra: Sanctuary - reduces the mana cost of your AOE heals by X% of your Spirit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Ok, how about X = % of your Spirit then?

Chakra: Serenity - reduces the mana cost of your single target heals by X% of your Spirit.

Chakra: Sanctuary - reduces the mana cost of your AOE heals by X% of your Spirit.

Possibly. It would probably have to be capped off at a certain number so that you couldn't stack spirit as holy and become an invincible mana battery. Nice idea, however.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Keirisonis
Possibly. It would probably have to be capped off at a certain number so that you couldn't stack spirit as holy and become an invincible mana battery. Nice idea, however.

Just put diminishing returns on it somehow, or on Spirit itself.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/06/2012 07:29 AMPosted by Oungan
Just put diminishing returns on it somehow, or on Spirit itself.

Actually that's a perfect idea to go with it. Make it like old resilience. The more you have, the less effective getting more is. When i have say 5k spirit, it's a 10% reduction, but the next 5k only reduces it by another 5%, not 10%. Definitely food for thought.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]