I play WoW because...

90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/05/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Choptopp
someone stole my pants!

The monky men in valley of the 4 winds?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Yeah, but with or without pants?

A robe. WoW is often very nice in a cozy robe.

You should try a kilt.

Very liberating.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Some times I don't feel like putting on pants and wandering into the outside world.

How about you?

I get to visit with friends, have an adventure, and interact with various legendary figures in the world, all while collecting some fabulous keepsakes and armor. ;)

Guess you have not been running LFR looking for armor then huh blue chat...
Edited by Rithius on 12/5/2012 11:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

The inventor of the Snuggie was a WoW player.

A blanket that covers my entire body and allows my hands to be free to push buttons?

BRILLIANT!

I may have to amend my letter to Sha Claus to ask for a Warcraft Snuggie.

Because those need to exist.

As to the topic?

It started as a way to pass a very unhappy winter, and turned into a regular hobby, and eventually, into a way to connect with folks all over the place.

Blue Alliance snuggie with logo on front... hmmm. Santa?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
... I'm a proud geek. 8 years ago, I joined my friends in the open beta for World of Warcraft and though we were heavily into another MMO at the time, a few months after launch, we started up our adventures on Azeroth. This is the game that got me into gaming.

If you had asked me back in the days of Molten Core runs and Ahn'Qiraj gate farming if I could see myself ever working for the company that's given me the greatest amount of entertainment, I'd have told you, "no way." This may sound a bit sappy, but I'm glad I was wrong.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warrior
... I'm a proud geek. 8 years ago, I joined my friends in the open beta for World of Warcraft and though we were heavily into another MMO at the time, a few months after launch, we started up our adventures on Azeroth. This is the game that got me into gaming.

If you had asked me back in the days of Molten Core runs and Ahn'Qiraj gate farming if I could see myself ever working for the company that's given me the greatest amount of entertainment, I'd have told you, "no way." This may sound a bit sappy, but I'm glad I was wrong.

Its the puggy!
Get em!

I also play wow so I can chase pugs!
Edited by Baddies on 12/5/2012 11:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
96 Human Paladin
12/05/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Crithto
working for the company that's given me the greatest amount of entertainment
Grats! But ... where is your fez?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Some times I don't feel like putting on pants and wandering into the outside world.

How about you?

It is basically my 'life' :)
Reply Quote
58 Pandaren Monk
Because I'm on a trial, and after that I'll be done.

:D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Sounds like a dream job for many of us! Love what I do for a living but to be in some blues' shoes for a day or more... (with a few exceptions; namely those who just take a beating on here) <3

I got started on WoW during a particularly difficult time in my life... stuck at home for several months on medical leave. WoW and the guild I'm still a part of helped me get through it. Whether WoW helped me keep or abandon a certain proportion of my sanity over my 5+ years as a WoW player is yet to be assessed by a qualified professional. ;-)

Been a gamer since as far back as I can remember and although I only started a ways into BC (garbage PC at home until then), I can go old school enough to say I started with Orcs and Humans!

WoW's been more than just a game for a long time for me. Can't list just one reason why I play it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Geez, sorry Ms. Too-good-for-no-pants-so-i-wear-a-robe.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

You that guy in Blood legion? ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I tend to WoW in a big fuzzy robe.

just a big fuzzy robe.

with tea. and sometimes booze on the weekends.

I play WoW because it provides endless entertainment for ... 16? bucks a month. I don't remember how much it costs. It comes out automatically.

Plus I can lose myself in it, and not have real world problems creep into my head for a few hours. That's pretty great.
Reply Quote
I play to stay in touch with friends and it is is cheap entertainment. I tend to play in boxers or track pants. Need to be comfortable!
Edited by Batbaha on 12/5/2012 12:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager

You that guy in Blood legion? ;)

That would be weird since I'm not a guy. ;) I also have fuzzy pants I like to wear with the robe while playing curled up in my chair.

I almost forgot to mention exploring. I love exploring and finding all those little extra touches the development team has slipped in there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/05/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Skymall
We live in the middle of nowhere. To give you an idea of what I mean when I say "middle of nowhere", there have been mornings where my husband was almost late to work because the neighbor's cows wouldn't get out of our "driveway". "Driveway" is really just a dirt road with some gravel thrown on it. Yeah...WoW or some other kind of video game is a must out here!

I moved from this to the city, I would move back today if my wife wouldn't go crazy and leave me!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I play because im a geek and because i like shinies :D

Wow has lots of shinies
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Due to an old injury, I just can't do much as normal people. WoW's something I can do, and go and rest when I need to

Mostly, the good people of Nesingwary. T'ain't no finer folks than the good people of Nesingwary
Edited by Yzzami on 12/5/2012 12:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I play wow because I can't hit on and do... "things" with undead women in real life without being arrested.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]