I play WoW because...

100 Night Elf Hunter
12/05/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Nethaera
I get to visit with friends, have an adventure, and interact with various legendary figures in the world, all while collecting some fabulous keepsakes and armor. ;)

^

yea that
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
World of Warcraft doesn't need a purpose; World of Warcraft is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads, or a field burns. Don't ask why I play World of Warcraft.

hehehehehe MTG Black Knight Parody.
Reply Quote
40 Worgen Priest
I did not expect that...

I play WoW because sometimes Planetside 2 gets boring.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Warlock
Honestly? Because even with all its problems, its repetition, my lack of ability to raid because my life is literally insane and I can't meet a schedule and thus the game feels empty..it's the the best MMO combat-wise. It's still fun to dot up a bunch of guys on this lock and dot around or drain life tank them. It's still fun to go on my hunter and kite bad druids in PVP. It's still fun to get on my paladin tank and try to see how much of a heroic I can pull before the healer gets mad.
Reply Quote
Because if I try to PvP or put together an organized raid group against a structure in real life, I'll get arrested.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I dunno, it's pretty much the last video game that I find even mildly entertaining, but I feel the fun factor of this slipping as well.

Ah, well, we get older, life moves on, and I suppose we must as well. =)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Who wears clothes to play this anyways =p I savor every opportunity to be naked ^.^
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I play WoW because...worgen. And friends.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
12/05/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Nethaera
I get to visit with friends, have an adventure, and interact with various legendary figures in the world, all while collecting some fabulous keepsakes and armor. ;)

I do that in the real world though...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Eadric
World of Warcraft doesn't need a purpose; World of Warcraft is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads, or a field burns. Don't ask why I play World of Warcraft.

LOL wrong comparisons. Microbiologist/epidemiologist ask why plagues spread. Firefighters ask why a field burned.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Nethaera
I almost forgot to mention exploring. I love exploring and finding all those little extra touches the development team has slipped in there.

I agree with this one. I was the first person in my guild to find the Klaxxi hidden daily on the pavilion. (With the rune of the earth/sun)

Also, stuff like rounding the corner to the one guy's house in V4W and seeing Chen sitting outside "Oh you're looking for (whatever his name is)? He's out back polishing his Melon"....
Gets me every time.

edit:
12/05/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Ayrthrina

LOL wrong comparisons. Microbiologist/epidemiologist ask why plagues spread. Firefighters ask why a field burned.

Dude...do you even watch*?

*-Watch: eg "MoP intro cinematic"...
Edited by Igorawr on 12/5/2012 2:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I enjoy it (and all computer games) as a form of interactive art. I am actively consuming and being entertained by someone's (a whole group of devs, writers, and tech ppl) creativity, a bit like reading a novel, but requiring more mental and physical engagement. I also get to interact with friends while I do this. When I am not particularly invested in the game, I still like to play to keep in touch with what the big beastie in the MMO world is doing. ;)
Reply Quote
86 Undead Warlock
12/05/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Ayrthrina

Ho boy, if you don't get the reference (that he even cited), maybe you shouldn't post about it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Because i have 2 sisters...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
That would be weird since I'm not a guy. ;) I also have fuzzy pants I like to wear with the robe while playing curled up in my chair.

A robe AND fuzzy pants? I must know what these are! Seriously, I'm always trying to optimize my comfort and the prospect of pants that could out do my current comfy pants is highly intriguing.
Reply Quote
29 Pandaren Hunter
A way to de-fry the damage done to my brain after school. :P

Also, a good way to relieve stress after a rough night at work, especially during the summer here. I work the phones so, naturally, I rarely wanna talk to someone after work. But I usually get over it after a dungeon or two. :) That, and the shenanigans the friends I made here on wow do? They always have a way of forcing out a laugh or three.

Plus, its cheap.
-hugs Xbox- Though I still lub joos, bby. <3
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Pants are so OP
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I play WoW for the pets collection, since I can't have pets in real life.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
I play WoW for my guild and the community of people I've grown quite fond of on Ravencrest.

If it wasn't for them, I am not sure I'd be having nearly as good of a time as I have been having.

Vanity pets help too. :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]