Honor Arenas: a proposal

90 Dwarf Paladin
I am one of those who is completely uninterested in BGs, whether rated or unrated. Despite this, especially with the new upgrade system, I feel forced into unrated bgs.

What if, in addition to ranked arenas, we had an honor arena queue. In order to keep the honor-time ratio similar to BGs the numbers would have to be around 50 honor for a win, and 0 or a very low number for a loss. Maybe less for a win, since most arena games are around 1-5 minutes(or less of course)

This would allow for teams to practice at lower gear levels, without messing up their rating. It would allow us to gear up alts in an environment where skill was more rewarded than in Unrated bgs. It would allow us to completely avoid the botting problem.

I think this would be a pretty elegant feature, which would allow people who really enjoy arena to gear up in a more enjoyable environment.

What do you think?
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
+1
solves the skirmish removal issue as well.
if only this had a chance of being implimented.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I agree, but it should just be normal arena but you get awarded honor points after you cap on conquest points. Would definitely breathe a little life back into arena.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
+1
solves the skirmish removal issue as well.
if only this had a chance of being implimented.

I think it could work, I wish they would impliment it. It would be such a relief from bgs, I HATE bgs, but I need honor, especially as I'm about to bring a new toon to 90 and start the gear up process. I don't want to spend 2 weeks in random bgs to not get annihilated by gear disparities in low level arenas. I would LOVE to be able to get that honor gear from an arena environment while learning to play with my team.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/05/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Donezo
I agree, but it should just be normal arena but you get awarded honor points after you cap on conquest points. Would definitely breathe a little life back into arena.

My concern with this is it doesn't provide an environement to try out a new team without worrying about rankings. You'll also have people going in to cap conquest against people who are farming honor. If a high ranked team wants to upgrade their last 1-2 pieces they'll be up against those who are just starting out in ranked arena. I know the matchmaking system avoids most of this, but I feel that separating them would be better. Primarily so that rating is not affected.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Ive geared toons using god awful comps and crafted gear, and the lowest I have ever seen is a 1:2 win loss rate and the games are fast. This would be a fantastic idea... There is no mmr system in random bgs to save you from overgeared people just screwing around for fun or to help friends. And again...It would make arena=some damn gold...even if just from vendoring low lvl weapons or buying mats if they put that back in...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/05/2012 04:11 PMPosted by Deoxippus
Ive geared toons using god awful comps and crafted gear, and the lowest I have ever seen is a 1:2 win loss rate and the games are fast. This would be a fantastic idea... There is no mmr system in random bgs to save you from overgeared people just screwing around for fun or to help friends. And again...It would make arena=some damn gold...even if just from vendoring low lvl weapons or buying mats if they put that back in...

Even if they put in an arena honor cap on this, so you can get 2000/week honor from Arenas, that would be better than HAVING to bg to get honor gear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
50 honor per win, more honor if it's a longer game. I like this idea, but Blizzard won't implement it for the same reason they took away skirmishes (still want numbers lol).
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/05/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Cavalettas
50 honor per win, more honor if it's a longer game. I like this idea, but Blizzard won't implement it for the same reason they took away skirmishes (still want numbers lol).

See, skirmishes didn't give an award, so I can see the numbers being very low. But this would give an award, I think it would have MASSIVE appeal.

You can't give more honor for longer games because people will exploit that, everyone play super conservative until the time limit then actually start playing.
Edited by Thirtyrock on 12/5/2012 4:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Would love this idea to happen; would help my main and my alts immensely and lets me play the PvP I like to gear with instead of the PvP I'm forced to play (BGs).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]