Are Warriors fun?

90 Human Mage
I usually have this idea in my head that i'm the type of person who likes to stand back and shoot people with spells/ arrows in video games. Yet, each time i start a game i am usually ALOT better when i play a tougher melee class. I really love melee (as well as range) and i played my Frost DK in PVE during the end of Cata (started mid ~4.3) and am now going completely to PVP.

I am wondering if Warrior is what i am looking for if i want a melee class that can survive fairly well and do tons of damage. I see them in rbg's and arena (i don't really arena that much) alot and notice they do consistently high dps but they seem easy to kill for me (i am a mage :D really sorry btw D:). Is that just mages?

BTW i play Mage, DK, Hunter. I love DK but they don't really have Defensive CD's and i don't like frost.

I have a level 7 warrior right now. is it worth the loooonng grind to 90?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I have never had more fun at pvp. level your warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Yes. Join us. Come and we'll share our mead.

...Even if you were a mage. *Shivers*
Reply Quote
25 Goblin Warlock
I"m new to warriors myself and have only been playing the game for a little while. All i can say is that i've yet to find a class that makes you feel as powerful as a warrior does. It's a great class to play. Which is funny for me to say cause it was the last class i tried... normally i dislike playing warriors in favor of ranged classes. But between the huge two-handed sword strapped to your back, plate metal armor and massive damage (as an arms warrior i was seeing regular crits of almost 3, 000 dmg before i even hit 30th level and i'm in no way a twinked character... just wearing what i can find)... it's great. =D
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
12/06/2012 09:32 AMPosted by Omz
I"m new to warriors myself and have only been playing the game for a little while. All i can say is that i've yet to find a class that makes you feel as powerful as a warrior does. It's a great class to play. Which is funny for me to say cause it was the last class i tried... normally i dislike playing warriors in favor of ranged classes. But between the huge two-handed sword strapped to your back, plate metal armor and massive damage (as an arms warrior i was seeing regular crits of almost 3, 000 dmg before i even hit 30th level and i'm in no way a twinked character... just wearing what i can find)... it's great. =D
yeah well up against our mage and shadow priest i sure dont feel like a warrior with the dps difference, except on elegon and Garalon.. lol everywhere else i feel like a little girl warrior!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I have a mage and priest characters and I've played a hunter. I'm familiar with the "stand back and shoot" playstyle. It's convenient in that you can engage with enemies sooner and don't havie to be in melee range to fight. But I like being able to get right up next to something without worrying about being pummeled.

Warriors dish out some decent damage, have fun mechanics, and can be very tough. I highly recommend leveling one, it's my favorite class.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Play what you love, honestly. A true test is past level 30 in my opinion, and with Heirloom gear you can get there SO quick it's silly. Don't forget to get into a lvl 25 guild for extra % to exp, as well as the Darkmoon Faire merry-go-'round buff (stay on until it caps to 60m) for another extra 10%.

MY story: This character was my first character I enjoyed my ENTIRE leveling experience. I remember being in STV and charging the trolls at level 42. I remember jumping everywhere, right into combat. I remember creating a macro when Cata came out for when I popped all cooldowns stating, "Madness...THIS..IS...SPARTA!!!"...ok corny but it was a play on words (cmon now, 'Madness' achievement, anyone? XD), among other memories.

I also love how they're set up; heroic strike strategically placed along WITH your priority listing; no other class simply clicked for me so well. DK used to be close (yes I was one of those people who were in Naxx 25 gear back in LK who were pulling dual-wielded 1h'd dps of 4-5k dps on pukeface aka rotface), but I leveled my dk first to 90 and am just not having as much fun as I did with my warrior, and now am loving every instant, milisecond, molecule and fiber of my warrior's being...plus he looks pretty darn BA (twin-Armaggedons FTW on a Draenei = total win-sauce. True story bro. Totally proven.). ;)

In the end, it doesn't even matter (to quote my favorite band, Linkin Park), it's all about what you love and what fits you just right.

LIIIKKKKEEEE AAAA GLOOVVVVVVVEEEE!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I cannot speak for higher levels than this, or lower levels, even given this is my first time dusting this toon off since early-mid Wrath. From what I've been experiencing lately, and hoping does not soon change, Warrior is fun as heck. I've been having more fun than I had leveling my Shaman, Rogue, and Monk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Been a while since I leveled, but it was very fast and pretty fun especially when I got bladestorm. Crazy burst
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Warrior is the most fun class in the game. Easily.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Hunter
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll16/Railage/WoWScrnShot_120612_210959-1.jpg

Look at that... Does that look not fun?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Warriors are so accepting!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I want to be strong :-(

*flexes tiny lvl 81 muscles*

pew...so tired
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior
I certainly find them fun
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/06/2012 06:16 AMPosted by Portalgun
Smart and geared warriors aren't that easy to kill btw. Even after 5.1 I don't have much trouble with mages.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I decided to level a warrior too and I like that feel of utility targeted *specifically* at killing or surviving the opponents.

I've always been playing Ret paladins actually. Tried ranged, kinda liked it because I could shoot from behind, but in real PvP situations I always lacked this 'keep range' awareness. And so now I'm leveling a warrior, a familiar melee, can't wait to experience it to full extent and compare to the ret spec. As ret I've always seemed to play 'warrior style' anyway, so I'm excited.

Ret paladin is good with support and doing support and such and such, alway those variables outside the class. And warrior just looks like a well rounded class in comparison, on it's own. I don't expect it to be miracles though, and I will probably perform worse that my ret at first, but damn I want to try!
Edited by Silverbolts on 12/7/2012 6:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Nothing better than charge into battle
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
i know our aoe was boosted this expac but darn how i wish we could do mage numbers sometimes...although u can get a good 100+ k with allot of adds but its so inconsistent because of the rage cost of WW i think thats the main reason
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I think so.

Primarily, I've played hunters and the occasional warlock.

Playing at melee range DOES take some getting used to, but the weapons, the armor, all the tricks you have up your sleeve - I'm enjoying playing an Arms Warrior as much as I've enjoyed playing anything in this game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]