Budget ITX Lan PC

90 Human Monk
Hey guys I am in the process of building a lan party pc. The games I normally play are starcraft 2, diablo 3, world of warcraft and guild wars 2. Below are listed the parts I have chosen to use in the build (will be buying the parts in about 2 weeks)

CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 Ivy Bridge

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H77N-WIFI

Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) Low Profile Desktop Memory

Graphics Card: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 660 (its the smallest gtx 660 i can find)

Optical Drive: Silverstone SOD02 slim Slot-loading DVD combo optical drive

Hard Drive 1: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB Internal Hard Drive (more than enough storage space for me)

Hard Drive 2:

Power Supply: SILVERSTONE ST45SF-G 450W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Power Supply ( i prefer modular PSU's)

CPU Cooler: Stock Intel Heatsink and fan (since im not overclocking at all)

PC Case: Either Silverstone SG05 (USB 3.0 Upgrade versions)

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Any help with discerning about what settings i can expect to be playing the games i listed at or what other part choices i can make would be helpful. On my GPU i am willing to jump from team green to AMD if I can find a card that is similiarly sized
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Well, I'm pretty sure the 7870's are all at around 10 inches, the 7850's are an inch or so shorter, but that 660 is pretty short.

I don't know that you can find one.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I recommend Fractal Design Node 304. It's bit fatter, but with good short modular power supply -- (IE: Silverstone Strider), a full-length video card can fit with good ventilation -- so you aren't restricted to short 660.
Edited by Kalganized on 12/6/2012 12:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
the fractal node 304 is a no go for me as i like to have an optical drive in my pc's as i have had issues with external optical drives
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]