How Many Mogu Lives/Gold is a 509 Ring Worth?

90 Pandaren Warrior
As long as the mogu are nice and clumped up + phased so I can whirlwind spam them without interference.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/09/2012 03:20 AMPosted by Infin
My guild, and many like it I believe, operate on the principle that If there is an upgrade you can grind for, be it rep or killing stuff, you should, but money shouldn't be required. Odd I know since farming makes money, but a lot of people subscribe to it.

That is interesting, giving that doing dailies should give you 300-500g an hour. So if you're willing to grind 10 hours for something, at a minimum you should be willing to pay 3k-5k for it.

12/09/2012 03:20 AMPosted by Infin
Having Only about 100k to my name, for a 509 BiS ring, assuming early into a patch (ie no CHANCE of an upgrade within 2-3months) I would spend perhaps 10-15k gold. For mogu, if I could kill them at my leisure, over time, WITHOUT the constancy of getting ganked, id be willing to kill 100-200 a day on average for a month before calling it quits, so 3000-6000.

If we assume you can kill a Mogu every, say, 20 seconds on average, that's 1000-2000 minutes, or 16-33 hours. At 400g/hour from dailies, that's 6.4k-13.k.

If we assume you're better at gold making and can average at least 600g/hour, then we get basically 10k-20k, which lines up reasonable well with your numbers.

as for the ring, i might be motivated to do it over time, but not grind every day mindlessly. even near 500 ilvl, grinding mobs is still boring.

it's something I would like, but I wouldnt grind 24/7 for it.

Yeah, the question is more over time. Like, what's the maximum you'd even be willing to work on (if it was 1 million Mogu, I don't you'd ever work on it, for example).
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
next question, could these mogu be killed in a group/Raid?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Per my post:

"There are two potential methods to pay for the ring. The first is to kill Mogu for a drop (one drop per Mogu so you can't make a group and grind them incredibly efficienctly) and the second is to pay gold."

You could kill them in a group/raid, but only one drop per Mogu.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
12/10/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Balkoth
You could kill them in a group/raid, but only one drop per Mogu.

So, what I'm thinking, it would be possible to form a raid and farm one for say, your maintank or in this tier, your casters who have no 2nd real ring.

It would devalue that grind a bit, and everyone loves some mindless killing
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
That's an interesting idea for the killing of Mogu, that it depends upon how much free time you have in general.

I suspect gold might be a little different, though, since you can stockpile it ahead of time and it technically doesn't cost you any significant amount of time to actually buy the ring.

They're still tied. Time allows for a lot of power in monopolising a market, engaging in price wars etc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
So, what I'm thinking, it would be possible to form a raid and farm one for say, your maintank or in this tier, your casters who have no 2nd real ring.

It would devalue that grind a bit, and everyone loves some mindless killing

That would definitely work, might also be worth grouping just so you can easily pull everything and AoE them down quickly. Just like some people are better at making gold than others, some will figure out better ways to grind Mogu than others.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/10/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Slashlove
They're still tied. Time allows for a lot of power in monopolising a market, engaging in price wars etc.

Of course. My point, though, is that you could have built up the gold in Cataclysm and then can immediately dump it on a 509 ring, with the intention of making it back over time. In other words, you get an immediate benefit from the ring.

Having to grind out Mogu, however, is something that can only be done once the ring is available. And is limited to solely killing Mogu, while there are many ways to make gold.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Over 50 responses so far on the poll!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Seeing if we can reach 75 responses. More data = better!

Still going to be woefully inadequate in terms of statistical certainty, of course.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/09/2012 10:12 PMPosted by Balkoth
That is interesting, giving that doing dailies should give you 300-500g an hour. So if you're willing to grind 10 hours for something, at a minimum you should be willing to pay 3k-5k for it.

Dailies is not a very effective way to farm gold. Even in LK, 300g/hour was standard for farming. Currently, 3K/hour is pretty straightforward (professions and/or mob killing in appropriate areas). I'm sure there are hardcore gold grinders who can do 10K/hr or more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/15/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Autumni
Dailies is not a very effective way to farm gold.

That was my point. "Even at the worst gold/hour that's possible..."

12/15/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Autumni
Even in LK, 300g/hour was standard for farming. Currently, 3K/hour is pretty straightforward (professions and/or mob killing in appropriate areas). I'm sure there are hardcore gold grinders who can do 10K/hr or more.

Eh, I'd say 1k, maybe 1.5k is straightforward. In terms of being able to do it for hours. Daily profession cooldowns can give like 500g in 5 minutes, but that's not sustainable.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Eh, I'd say 1k, maybe 1.5k is straightforward. In terms of being able to do it for hours. Daily profession cooldowns can give like 500g in 5 minutes, but that's not sustainable.

Ya, was gonna say, my entire economy is based off alts, the farm, and golden loti
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/17/2012 01:18 AMPosted by Postonforums
Ya, was gonna say, my entire economy is based off alts, the farm, and golden loti

Yeah. Farm can easily produce 500-600g in like 5-10 minutes for each 90. But only once per day per character. Kind of interesting in a way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Broken 60 responses, wonder if we can get to 75.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Since this thread, I've bid, and lost, on two 509 items on the BMAH. I was willing to pay more than 60k for my BiS pieces (and obviously others were too), even though I'm in a guild that'll probably get those bosses down in the next couple weeks.

I think I underestimated myself when I said I'd only pay 20k.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]