Are you serious?

92 Undead Mage
From a recent interview with GC:

"Patch 5.2 will bring more talent changes than Patch 5.1, but they will mostly be number tweaks. Rogue talents were mentioned as something that needs to be looked at."

I'm not here to complain about GC or say that he's bad at his job, but seriously, how hard is he trying to ignore our 90 talent complaints?

EDIT:

Got this off of MMO champ for anyone interested in seeing more of the article
Edited by Malhavoc on 12/5/2012 9:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
As I said in the other thread:

Listened to it, particularly his views on Talents. Judging by what GC said, I can't imagine any of our talents being changed too much. Yes, even 90 talents. They are indeed working as intended by his description of what Blizzard looks at.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Unfortunately with how poorly Blizzard has done with this expansion and how INCREDIBLY poorly they've responded to various miscalculations, fixing our 90 talents is the least of their problems. PvP is in shambles and the current PvE scene feels quite lackluster (mainly because, well, the overall expansion has been horrid as far as delivering compelling lore and story). Blizzard completely failed to make Pandaria live up to its epic potential, it simply feels like some ancient juju magics and doesn't really make a player feel as if they're part of some epic conflict in a living breathing world. Part of the reason is they killed off almost every original WC3 lore villain over the past 3 expansions. WoW is currently the worst it's ever been, and as more developmental power shifts to the over-half-complete Titan project, it's unlikely to see it get any better. I'd give Blizzard a 3/10 this expansion. Not a vindictive or angry/emotional one, honestly a thought out severely disappointed 3/10. Never before have I felt like an expansion had so little at launch and NEVER have I felt like Blizzard was more out of touch with its community than now or slower in its use of our montly subscriptions to deliver exciting and wanted content and changes. Very sad Blizzard, this product so greatly shames some of the great work you've done with WoW (original-WOTLK) and both SC games + D1&D2 (D3 wasn't bad, just not my favorite).

This has been my second favorite expansion behind WotLK, and better than BC, though I didn't raid in BC. Cata was the worse WoW ever was. Our 90 talents are not that horrible that the game is unplayable. The lore is very exciting and a hell of a lot better than it ever was in Cata. This has been a very good expansion with a few minor kinks that need to be fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I'm here to complain about GC and say that he's bad at his job
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
If you want to scrap the lvl90 talents, come up with a list of ideas. be clear about what they are and make sure they limit mobility is some way or another. Hold onto that list until the next xpac beta.

Or
if you want to make a minor change like make the ring of RoP bigger or the change that almost made 5.1 for invocation, throw those ideas on the damage dealing forums and link it in the mage forum threads to get some exposure. make sure the ideas are nailed down before taking them to the damage dealing forums. Some type of small change is obviously something that Blizz is open to or we wouldn't have seen invocation on ptr notes.
When something makes it onto the PTR, if you don't test it don't be surprised when it's scrapped. PTR forums is where you post about those tests, not here (when the time comes).

There should be plenty of support to do just exactly what I'm suggesting. But much like Voting for an election, you lose your right to complain when you don't participate.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
If you want to scrap the lvl90 talents, come up with a list of ideas. be clear about what they are and make sure they limit mobility is some way or another. Hold onto that list until the next xpac beta.

Or
if you want to make a minor change like make the ring of RoP bigger or the change that almost made 5.1 for invocation, throw those ideas on the damage dealing forums and link it in the mage forum threads to get some exposure. make sure the ideas are nailed down before taking them to the damage dealing forums. Some type of small change is obviously something that Blizz is open to or we wouldn't have seen invocation on ptr notes.
When something makes it onto the PTR, if you don't test it don't be surprised when it's scrapped. PTR forums is where you post about those tests, not here (when the time comes).

There should be plenty of support to do just exactly what I'm suggesting. But much like Voting for an election, you lose your right to complain when you don't participate.

I don't know... I loved my mage when she was lvl 89. Not so much now... can't we just scrap the lvl 90 talents or make them passives or maybe something that could be cast as part of a standard rottation?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
12/06/2012 01:22 AMPosted by Magnata
I don't know... I loved my mage when she was lvl 89. Not so much now... can't we just scrap the lvl 90 talents or make them passives or maybe something that could be cast as part of a standard rottation?

I'm with you on this one. Our level 90 talents are flat out dps increases (which they said they wanted to get away from), with the only difference being how annoying the mechanic is to activate.

No one wants to do an evocate every minute. RoP, while not as bad, still requires you to stop and drop that circle making it problamatic for movement fights. And ward really requires predictable damage.

Personally, I've enjoyed the xpac overall so far from a story pov, but the actual class mechanics have been nothing short of annoying. Fire was my favorite spec and it's now useless. Arcane only hits hard with RoP and keeping your stacks up so any movement fights suck, Frost is meh for me. Been here since vanilla and starting to think more and more it's time to move on.

I know from a dev pov that they want to make sure the user base actually gives things a try before they make any significant changes, and our first reaction is to complain, but.... these talents really do just suck.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
12/06/2012 12:03 AMPosted by Ragnaros
Our 90 talents are not that horrible that the game is unplayable.

That's not exactly a stellar endorsement to say a game is unplayable.

Yes we can play it. Some might thing being a game one of it's main goals should be for it to be enjoyable.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
12/05/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Sadar
Unfortunately with how poorly Blizzard has done with this expansion and how INCREDIBLY poorly they've responded to various miscalculations, fixing our 90 talents is the least of their problems. PvP is in shambles and the current PvE scene feels quite lackluster (mainly because, well, the overall expansion has been horrid as far as delivering compelling lore and story).

Like someone else said... this "expansion" isnt the problem. Im actually enjoying it much more than Wrath or Cataclysm. The expansion content is done well. The problem is that Blizzard wont leave classes alone. They HAVE to tweak something all the time. They are constantly changing things. They never "fix" anything.... they simply change it... knowing that they will change it again in a few months. If they just left the classes alone instead of trying to balance, balance, balance, everything..... things would be more balanced.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
As much as I agree our lvl 90 talent is boring. I can't imagine them giving me another spell with out nerfing something else... At least in terms of PVP as frost.
Reply Quote
97 Human Warrior
From a recent interview with GC:

"Patch 5.2 will bring more talent changes than Patch 5.1, but they will mostly be number tweaks. Rogue talents were mentioned as something that needs to be looked at."

I'm not here to complain about GC or say that he's bad at his job, but seriously, how hard is he trying to ignore our 90 talent complaints?

EDIT:

Got this off of MMO champ for anyone interested in seeing more of the article

You do realize that a LOT of specs have poor level 90 talents, right? I mean paladin, hunter, DK and druid level 90 talents are poor, why should mage level 90 talents be any different? Perhaps the level 90 talents are not supposed to be awesome at all. You are just angry at GC because he nerfed your spec.....sour grapes.
Edited by Oaklander on 12/6/2012 10:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
As I said in the other thread:

Listened to it, particularly his views on Talents. Judging by what GC said, I can't imagine any of our talents being changed too much. Yes, even 90 talents. They are indeed working as intended by his description of what Blizzard looks at.

this ^.

our level 90 talents are not bad or broken.They are just boring.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
12/06/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Oaklander
You do realize that a LOT of specs have poor level 90 talents, right? I mean paladin, hunter, DK and druid level 90 talents are poor, why should mage level 90 talents be any different? Perhaps the level 90 talents are not supposed to be awesome at all. You are just angry at GC because he nerfed your spec.....sour grapes.

Go away.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
He specifically points out Rogues because Rogues are one of the few where there are quite literally right and wrong choices. If you're a raidin Rogue and you don't take Anticipation, you're doin it wrong. If you are Sub and don't take Subterfuge, you're doin it wrong. If you don't take Prep as Sub you're doin it wrong.

Mages don't have that issue. Every tier has a choice either based off of fight encounter or personal preference, especially with the nerf to Ice Barrier.

The only time it isn't really a choice is for Arcane, and even then I'm still not convinced on how necessary Rune of Power is.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
we have a few problem talents. I really like ice flows but it felt a bit buggy or awkward, so i gave up on it. Blazing speed, temporal shield and ice ward are also lackluster or overly situational at best. Our 90 talents are supposed to address our mana management as well as damage, and they could use some quality of life adjustments, but instead of addressing mana management, they more or less remove it as a mechanic altogether.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I'd take poor or useless over rotation ruining.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/06/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Crystalah
we have a few problem talents. I really like ice flows but it felt a bit buggy or awkward, so i gave up on it. Blazing speed, temporal shield and ice ward are also lackluster or overly situational at best. Our 90 talents are supposed to address our mana management as well as damage, and they could use some quality of life adjustments, but instead of addressing mana management, they more or less remove it as a mechanic altogether.

Thats not necessarily true though.

Ice Floes has problems, sure, but there is always a case you can make for it. Is it better than Scorch in most situations? No. It could probably do with an extra charge and not consume a charge if you use it with less than .X number of seconds on your cast (I swear I've lost several dozen casts because I hit the button thinkin I was finished with a cast and wasted a charge on what had to have been .1 seconds of a cast. I made a sadface every time).

Blazing Speed is actually a decent choice as its off the GCD so you can use it to get out of the bad quickly. Can you use blink to get out of bad? Sure. However at the same time you use a full gcd in order to do so and you generally end up way farther than you need to go. I've made my case time and time again about Temporal Shield bein amazin with its only problem bein the same "problem" Lightwell had in that you need a little coordination in order to use it right and a lot of people aren't willin to go that extra mile.

As for the level 90 talents? Eh, I kinda see your point there. I played Arcane/Frost in Cataclysm and adored the Arcane spec. Was it easy to learn? Sure, but there were tons of nuances to the spec that someone who didn't care to look for would never have even known existed. In Mists that identity doesn't really exist anymore.

Is that solely on the blame of the level 90 talents? No. Not at all. Blizzard listened to the people who were bad at the spec, but could pull good numbers and tried to make it "harder." The ironic thing is they made it easier, but more difficult to pull high numbers. This would be a good thing, but the difficulty in pullin high numbers is the rng of how many AM procs you get and not in how well you were able to manage mana.

Not much that can be done about it at this point and I will forever shake my fist at all the people who wanted Arcane to change from Cata. Killed my second favorite spec right there.

Luckily Frost is just as fun as ever, actually more fun honestly with the introduction of the bomb and ditchin the need for FoF procs to make Brain Freeze good and removin deep freeze from the rotation. Mmmmm...Frost.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Well, i didn't say they were all awful, I said they had some problems.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
12/06/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Slatra
If you want to scrap the lvl90 talents, come up with a list of ideas

Obviously you've missed the tons of threads doing that already?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]