Why so many server restarts each week

90 Gnome Warlock
^ says it all

i have been playing mop for around 3 weeks. Each week has had around 3 restarts. not including the ever so loved Tuesday downtime. i really don't remember Any other expansion being like this.. Did Activision mass downgrade their setup?

as usual all we get from Activision-Blizzard is.. We will be preforming rolling restarts this should take no longer than X hours and each realm is expected to be down no longer than X mins.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
blizzard just got their servers fried up due to overwhelming subscription to WOW, keep up the good job =)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/06/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Arwenz
blizzard just got their servers fried up due to overwhelming subscription to WOW, keep up the good job =)

Really? Oh well done!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Nah, it happened with WotLK and Cata as well, and tbh I remember it was a LOT more in WotLK.

I imagine they have to get a lot of things straightened out, and sometimes that can only happen with a server restart.

I thought they did pretty well this expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Hotfixes. A lot of hotfixes need a rolling restart to implement. That would be my guess.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]