Glyph of Paralysis

90 Undead Monk
I think a lot of the reason Monk's are struggling in Arena is because our CC gets broken by any and everything since everyone has random AoE's now and some classes are rewarded for spreading dots on everything. (Shadow Priests/DKs/Holy Paladin's holy prism ect.)

My idea is make glyph of paralysis that makes our paralysis break on 30-40k damage rather than off any damage at all. Or they could they could make it like glyph of polymorph and have it remove preexisting dots.

It kinda sucks that I can't play with my DK friends because they break all my CC unintentionally. The only way I can get CC off when I play with certain classes is for them not to play to their fullest extent and dot any and everything.

Sorry if this made no sense, pretty tired.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
i think momnks are having an easy time staying alive dpsing and ccing and its not that hard to do.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Druid
zybak told me to come leave a comment
Reply Quote
31 Pandaren Warrior
I agree with Zybak.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
bump for justice
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
Another bump for justice, and why is a melee CC, with a positional requirement, is more dangerous to use (Puts other CC on DR) than other CC that is easier to setup (Polymorph).
Edited by Gasleak on 12/7/2012 10:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
My idea is make glyph of paralysis that makes our paralysis break on 30-40k damage rather than off any damage at all. Or they could they could make it like glyph of polymorph and have it remove preexisting dots.

If they did this, they would probably do something like:

"Your Paralysis no longer incapacitates the target and instead stuns them for 5 seconds, but increases the cooldown on Paralysis by 45 seconds."

Can't have an instant CC that doesn't break on damage that's also on a 15 second CD (and talentable to 20 yard range). That's just flat OP. I mean, people already complain about paralysis, and it's a pretty crappy CC in its current state (only redeeming qualities being it's short CD, instacast, and talentable range).

Also, they dislike major glyphs without a downside.
Edited by Daerien on 12/8/2012 2:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
In PVP, paralysis is not a 30 second spell. Its 5 seconds, then the second time i believe it is 2 seconds and then I think 1 second. It's essentially a stun, that's it.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
12/08/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Mikaelah
In PVP, paralysis is not a 30 second spell. Its 5 seconds, then the second time i believe it is 2 seconds and then I think 1 second. It's essentially a stun, that's it.
Stun that breaks on damage.

The CC just needs a glyph of some description, it is horrible that they never even considered this considering the other classes with vulnerable CC (In terms of damage) have glyphs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
When it is 1 second (or two), I don't think it matters that it breaks on damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
12/06/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Æmperor
i think momnks are having an easy time staying alive dpsing and ccing and its not that hard to do.

glad this guy knows what hes talking about.

what we really need is a form of CC break that isnt our 2minute pvp trinket, every healer class has one or more. we could really use something as MW since coming out from our pillars is like committing assisted suicide for my teammates.
Reply Quote
IMO monks need a range interrupt to not be cc'd they play catch up on healing and go oom or a partner dies because of being cc'd.
Reply Quote
I have a better idea
lets remove glyphs for cc's so people have to play intelligently

oh, and make fear break on damage again.
12/08/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Mikaelah

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
no
Edited by Reqy on 12/9/2012 3:11 AM PST
Reply Quote

It kinda sucks that I can't play with my DK friends because they break all my CC unintentionally.

I really doubt I'd break monk cc on my dk...
Except downsyndrom gargoyle, he likes to finish his cast when i petpassive petfollow petattack stopattack
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Paralysis needs to simply not break on you own BOK dot or Xuen god dammit
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
12/10/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Sahbin

^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

I concur
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk

or Simply make a stop attacking macros into the paralysis. But we need some kind of cc protection on Paralysis imo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]