Faction changing my monk!

87 Pandaren Monk
Hey guys, so I'm debating on a race to choose, I could go panda again but I don't wanna play one anymore lol, besides Gnomes, what races come remotely close in comparison with Pandarens as far as min maxing?
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Warrior
    Expertise with swords/maces
    Free trinket
    Increased spirit

expertise w/ maces
    frost resistance

Night Elf
    2% avoidance
    Nature resistance

3m CD HoT
    1% hit
    shadow resistance
    5 free JC skillpoints

Depending on what spec you use more/raid with, these are your options besides pandaren and gnome.

They each have one or two more bonuses but they don't pertain to PvE or PvP, so I didn't include them.

If you're BM, I would go either NE or dwarf. WW I'd go draenei, human, or dwarf. Mistweaver, either gnome or human.
Edited by Luminianas on 12/6/2012 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Right now in pvp human / nightelf / gnome and possibly dwarf if you really want a bleed dispel come ahead, and it's really more personal preference as to which is stronger in low to mid rated pvp.

Pve (DPS) in the current tier is panda > draenei > gnome = dwarf = human > nightelf
but one thing that is often overlooked, is that during progression a panda loses more than any other race by dieing, and in comparison all the other races I listed above have an alternative defensive racial that pandas do not. (hot, shadow meld, trinket, stoneform, root break)
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Monk
Wow I was surprised Draenei was even considered, that's great hopefully it'll bring that races representation up a little. I atleast thought that Human would be above draenei.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
It's mostly the hit rating for DPS. Humans have expertise for swords, but not everything you use may be a sword. The hit works for everything. The 20% heal Draenei have isn't bad in a pinch either.
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Monk
Yeah I also thought about night elf still unsure, either night elf, human or pandaren
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
If you're going alliance, you go human.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)