Necrotic Strike buff question

90 Human Death Knight
With the recent buff to Necrotic Strike do you think that Runic Corruption has possibly passed Blood Tap as Unholy's best choice? BT was necessary before because simply using NS whenever you had a Death Rune up wasn't optimal and was often negated rather quickly. This made us have to talent BT to set up our NS stacks.

I've prefer the feel of RC and especially hate sitting on 12 stacks of BT just because I'm not quite ready to burst yet.
Edited by Voladine on 12/6/2012 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Supposedly there was a stealth buff and now the NS absorb isn't affected by resilience? Something to that nature. In any case it's much better than it was pre-patch.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
to my knowledge it hasnt been effected by resil since the change to death runes. i think it is actually being affected by pvp power now
Edited by Kusari on 12/6/2012 3:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
12/06/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Kusari
to my knowledge it hasnt been effected by resil since the change to death runes. i think it is actually being affected by pvp power now

Cant be true

My Necortics with everything popped apply a 62-64k heal absorb per

thats

FC, Proc Trink, Activation Trink, Pillar of Frost, Orc Racial (65k atk pwr)

if it was affectd by PvP power as well it would be well over 105k a stack (have 54.6% pvp power).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/06/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Doomguard

Cant be true

My Necortics with everything popped apply a 62-64k heal absorb per

thats

FC, Proc Trink, Activation Trink, Pillar of Frost, Orc Racial (65k atk pwr)

if it was affectd by PvP power as well it would be well over 105k a stack (have 54.6% pvp power).
eiether way its a buff >..> so shhhhh dont let blizz know or theyll nerf it to the dirt again
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
go hit a target dummy then go hit a palyer the absorb effect got buffed
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
So what do you guys think about going for RC instead now? Or has this change made BT that much better now? Perhaps it won't be such a bad idea to macro it to Death Coil and just use NS whenever we can?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I guess i do not see how you are making the comparison, RC just increases rune regen, where BT gives Death Runes, i mean i guess increased rune regen would bring your Death Runes off CD faster but i enjoy being able to plant 5 necros at once and 3 seconds plant 2 or 3 more. So i do not see how your making this comparison....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]