Is Strength that good?

90 Dwarf Paladin
I currently have the helm from the Headless Horsemen that is only Ilvl470 but has a increased amount of strength on it with a total of 934str.

What I'm wondering is if that str is enough to make it substantially better than say my 483 raid finder T14 which only has 844str.

I've been told that Str makes a HUGE difference and that I should just go with what ever has the higher strength, and in this case it would mean droping my Teir gear for the headless horsemen helm, and that doesn't make much sense to me.

So could someone please enlighten me on some Ret stat weights?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Our set bonuses are really good. The Horseman's Helm has a ridiculous amount of strength, but I wouldn't break a tier bonus to keep it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's better than the tier piece if it doesn't cost you a set bonus.

The Horseman's helm every year has had a wildly unusual budget, because it has had some of the stamina budget moved into the strength budget, which is basically not ever done. Primary stats are supposed to be based exclusively on ilvl, and between that and not having a crappy +rating as the socket bonus, it's very, very much better than the ilvl would indicate.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I would recommend holding onto your HH helm until such time as you acquire that fifth piece oftier, so you can go back to the helm - what I intend to do, if I can ever get more tier to drop for me. Upgrade it, too, when you can afford to spend the VP on it for even more insane goodness.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
lol. That one is kind of a funny for some reason.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]