Prot 4-Pc Set Bonus

90 Human Paladin
So yet another ToolTip gone wrong.

ToolTip says that it adds 10% dmg reduction to our SoTR. Anyone would assume that it means we get an increase by a flat 10%.

WRONG!

It actually only adds 10% of your CURRENT dmg reduction. For most this means you will only see a 3% - 5% increase in damage mitigation from SoTR.

Now it's not like an extra 3 - 5% is bad, but come on...don't tease us all with a flat 10% and then shaft it by half on average.

GG Blizz, i'd rather have my T12 bonuses back.
Edited by Savior on 12/6/2012 3:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
In almost all cases, an effect in WoW is only additive if it says "by an additional X%". If it just says "by X%", always assume it's multiplicative.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I know lol, i just had high hopes this time lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/06/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Savior
Anyone would assume that it means we get an increase by a flat 10%.

Anyone would assume that professionals who encounter the problem regularly could figure out how to clarify the distinction between percentages and percentage points, but sadly, that appears to be false as well. >.<
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Mitigation is mitigation.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/06/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Ravicana
Anyone would assume that it means we get an increase by a flat 10%.

Anyone would assume that professionals who encounter the problem regularly could figure out how to clarify the distinction between percentages and percentage points, but sadly, that appears to be false as well. >.<

Last time I checked it didn't say percentage points, now did it.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Paladin
I'm curious... why do you all have the same shoulder mog? I like it too but what a coincidence.
back on topic I was having a hard time understanding the 4p myself. I love clarity.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We all have T6 xmogged because its the best paladin set ever designed to date?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
12/10/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Zuulia
I'm curious... why do you all have the same shoulder mog? I like it too but what a coincidence.

SHINY
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]