Am I wrong in believing...

90 Goblin Mage
When I pvp on this server in open world (solo or with Kotake), a few things enter my head in a "mental checklist" before engaging.

Check 0: Area: what are the estimated levels of the enemies I am facing, their possible gear compositions?
Check 1: Floating Healthbar = Enemy
Check 2: Color code = class ("Pink Healthbar, it's a paladin!")
Check 3: Situation: Have I recently killed this person? If yes, their healthbar must be full for me to engage. If I am questing in this area, and they choose not to heal and instead continue on their quest, then I engage. As they are impeding my quest progress by fulfilling their own objectives.
Check 3a: If I have not engaged this person previously they are free to be engaged.

Post Mortem: I might check to look at their name or their guild, but this rarely happens as I kill indiscriminately whether I am Alliance or Horde, to be frank, I don't see Faction when engaging an enemy. I just see enemy and a PvP opportunity. I would expect none less from my opponents.

But when I get whispers of people complaining how they were killed on a PvP server (or in our case RPPvP), I get confused. If they weren't wanting to be killed in the open world, why didn't they join a different server? Why are they raging if they got killed?

Sometimes the odds aren't in your favor for survival. There's nothing you can do about it, so why waste energy and get upset about it?

By discouraging Open PvP we're suffocating the WPvP environment Veco has.

Am I wrong for engaging in WPvP the way I do?

Trolls be warned, you'll be ignored. Serious responses only please.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Honestly, it's gotten to the point where I don't even bother killing anyone unless they attack me first or I know they have been ganking people around my area.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Some people can't accept losing or that others are better than them. No matter what their reason is, you are vulnerable on a PvP server no matter what. The server rules does not care in the slightest why you play on its server or whether you even PvP in the first place. If they complain to you that they got killed (be it by being fair as can with full HP and everything or when they were weak and vulnerable, the latter being "ganking") on a PvP, thumb your nose at them silently. Light help them if they come to what had been known as one of the best realms for WPvP and they whine about someone beating them. We're not all like that. Some of us know that's how this server is, laugh it off and move on or bring a buddy and get revenge.

The only "wrong" is excessive camping to the point of griefing (which is still borderline legal to a point) and harassment as listed by the rules.
The other "wrong" is crashing RP on an RP-PvP. Yeah, it's part of the risks of the server, but going out of your way to bug them is not the same as PvPing over nodes. RPing is part of the server's rules and a community effort, as people can't be forced into doing it nor is it necessary to gameplay. If people get fed up and stop finding it worth it to put up with all the troublemakers, they'll leave and the server gets weaker. That's bad.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I got killed by you and your buddy mage while doing the new daily quests.

I thought there was only one of you at first, then I saw how quick my hp was going down and saw your buddy off to the side.

I aint mad, but some kind of emote would have been nice, instead of shots to the back while I'm busy killing npcs.

I know I try to send some kind of emote out before I attack. I don't always do it though. No ones perfect. Though for the most part if the horde dont mess with me I don't mess with them...

Unless they are orcs or from certain guilds. So to some up my opinion of an answer to your question.

Keep engaging in wpvp, though try to be a little bit honorable while doing it. And if people whine to you in whispers, make them kill on sight for now on. People whining about getting killed on a pvp server make no sense... Just like those that make fun of rp while they are on a rp server make no sense.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/06/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Koumeh
But when I get whispers of people complaining how they were killed on a PvP server (or in our case RPPvP), I get confused.

When I get rage whispers, I laugh and then make fun of them. And then I'll screenshot the crying for the archives/future postings.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/06/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Deathdozer
I got killed by you and your buddy mage while doing the new daily quests.
I hate to be the one to tell you this... But if you were ganked in a daily area, especially the new dailies...Those are PvP hotspots. I expect to get ganked every time I'm doing dailies, it's a part of playing on a PvP server.

12/06/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Deathdozer
I aint mad, but some kind of emote would have been nice, instead of shots to the back while I'm busy killing npcs.
This will be the only other thing I respond to, short of seeing something I really want to respond to. :D Just because you do an /emote doesn't make it any more honorable or dishonorable. If anything, that just sort of tells me it's okay when you gank, but not okay if someone else ganks you.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I enjoy you two, I curse your name whenever i dont see you coming and you get me, but dont get me wrong, I like you guys as opponents.

My rage on pvp is usually whenever i lost in a situation i should have won in haha.

When i whispered Kotake on realID the other day for yall getting us on muerta it was mainly to make a joke about you ripping through my undergeared guildies in a half second though i did ask you to let us finish the rare and then let us engage you =P Which you guys did, which i thought was quite gentlemanly of you.

Edit: Forgot i was posting on Kher. This is Kreinlich =P
Edited by Kheridan on 12/6/2012 7:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Vesna approves this message! And as Kher/Krein says, we enjoy WPvP with you in it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
12/06/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Ismeralda
I hate to be the one to tell you this... But if you were ganked in a daily area, especially the new dailies...Those are PvP hotspots. I expect to get ganked every time I'm doing dailies, it's a part of playing on a PvP server.

Thats pretty much obvious... Only reason I stated that was to remind the OP where we fought. I've been on this server for years, I know what to expect.

12/06/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Ismeralda
This will be the only other thing I respond to, short of seeing something I really want to respond to. :D Just because you do an /emote doesn't make it any more honorable or dishonorable. If anything, that just sort of tells me it's okay when you gank, but not okay if someone else ganks you.

I generaly don't attack people in their backs. Hint the emoting first. To me it's honorable, to let them know i'm there, and about to attack so they have a few seconds to turn around before my blades sink into them. I never said its ok for me to gank and not others to do it to me. So please dont assume. I live by, what goes around comes around. I've been ganked by people and had the pleasure of returning the favor.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I enjoy you two, I curse your name whenever i dont see you coming and you get me, but dont get me wrong, I like you guys as opponents.

My rage on pvp is usually whenever i lost in a situation i should have won in haha.

When i whispered Kotake on realID the other day for yall getting us on muerta it was mainly to make a joke about you ripping through my undergeared guildies in a half second though i did ask you to let us finish the rare and then let us engage you =P Which you guys did, which i thought was quite gentlemanly of you.

Edit: Forgot i was posting on Kher. This is Kreinlich =P
Ah, thanks :) For a moment there I thought you completely loathed us :) I see you a lot in those areas.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I hate all of the Horde... as characters. As players, y'all make the game interesting. While it does suck to get curbstomped after fighting some NPCs, I understand that's part of the risk, and not everybody does it (I know earlier this morning, I intentionally stopped attacking a Tauren while I was farming cooking mats, and he left with no further damage from either of us).

However, if you're in the PVP Daily zone, all bets are off. You got killed in a PVP zone where the point *is* PVP.

Meanwhile... To the Gerudo Cartel... I really, really hate you with the burning passion of a thousand suns... but only as characters. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I hate all of the Horde... as characters. As players, y'all make the game interesting. While it does suck to get curbstomped after fighting some NPCs, I understand that's part of the risk, and not everybody does it (I know earlier this morning, I intentionally stopped attacking a Tauren while I was farming cooking mats, and he left with no further damage from either of us).

However, if you're in the PVP Daily zone, all bets are off. You got killed in a PVP zone where the point *is* PVP.

Meanwhile... To the Gerudo Cartel... I really, really hate you with the burning passion of a thousand suns... but only as characters. ;)

^ Exactly :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
12/06/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Charax
But when I get whispers of people complaining how they were killed on a PvP server (or in our case RPPvP), I get confused.

When I get rage whispers, I laugh and then make fun of them. And then I'll screenshot the crying for the archives/future postings.

I don't make fun of them as much as I do screenshot- but it sure is satisfying to know you pissed off someone who, no matter how many times they get killed, are only going to end up rezzing sooner or later.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Your engagement rules are more than fair. Anyone that has sent you hate tells really shouldn't be playing on a pvp server.

The victims should realize any grievances are easily remedied by putting them on a KoS list and come back at a better time and place and take revenge, or if you suck at pvp call in a brute squad to settle.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]