Likelihood of Fire Nerf being reverted?

1 Human Warrior
The spec is pretty much unplayable, as with the majority of people here we agree a nerf was definitely needed. What are the chances of Blizz pulling a "4 steps back, 2 steps forward" in the form of a slight buff or readjusting the nerf?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Well I'd say about 1 in a million... and by that I don't mean I'm saying there is a chance
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
That the changes will be completely reverted is unlikely, as that would bring back the issues that Blizzard was concerned about in the first place (like crit scaling). I do think that there is certainly more than a 1 in a million chance that fire will see more changes down the line though. We will see.
Edited by Mazar on 12/6/2012 3:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I think they probably will, but not soon. See the pain Arcane mages had until 5.1.

It also depends on how Fire scales up with this change. I don't know we have a good handle on that and probably won't until next week.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
My guess is IF they are going to give us a little bit of CM back and look into the Combustion values, it maybe 5.2 or later. Or maybe the next tier =/
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Might be a counter buff, but I think 50% combust and 1.25CM will stay.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I doubt they'll revert it.

No matter how much proof we throw at them that the nerf was obscenely too much, they'll just keep saying back at us "Well one or two tiers down the line fire *might* scale too well, so we're just going to obliterate the existence of fire mages until 5.2-5.3 for the sake of preventing this future problem! Have fun starting from square one gearing your arcane mage, suckers."
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
1.25 CM is just retarded, any number below 1.4 too.

I'm Frost now , because Fire without Crits not is Fire itself.

The main problem of Frost is the PVP factor, i think it will be nerfed/changed soon =(
Edited by Archmage on 12/6/2012 4:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
Well, I guess now I'm 100% sure I was right on unsubscribing then.
Because Fire got trashed, PvE isn't really fun anymore.
So I started pet battles and it was quite fun. But not enough to keep me sub'ed.

I'll just keep on capping valor and doing dailies until my sub ends,
"hoping" they will tweak the overshot nerf before that.

If not, well, luckily I bought some games during the Steam sale.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
i doubt they are going to change anything.....i applauded them for taking off the 3sec pyroblast cd but i doubt they are going to take this back, there just gonna watch all fire mages become arcane 1 at a time
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Almost none, that would make me look stupid, especially it's live already not even PTR change.

But they always fix things, they might give you an unrelated buff as always.
Nerf A, boost B,
Nerf C, boost D.
Nerf E, boost F. Etc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I don't get why they couldn't just nerf the direct damage of fireball/pyroblast if they needed to nerf our damage output.

Why did they have to break the fluidity of fire's rotation entirely? Our crit scales too high in the future? Well tune the numbers so that high crit rate doesn't produce overpowered damage. Fire is only a fun spec when you have so much crit, before then it just feels like a big RNG mess.

There's nothing wrong with a class having a high crit chance, so long as the numbers balance out.
Edited by Kaikou on 12/7/2012 1:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
the spec being unplayable doesn't have much to do with the fire changes from 5.1.

you can thank the 5.0 changes for that.
Reply Quote
27 Night Elf Druid
one of the biggest issues i have with this severe nerf and the whole "play another spec "crowd is that most main specced ,raiding fire mages just spent 2 full months gearing up for that spec.a considerable time investment.playing another spec will require a re gearing of some sorts.lots of folks in dkp guilds or even loot council guilds may not just start handing different gear out to a mage who had to respec.

its very poor timing on blizzs part."just play another spec" ,i think if the shoe was on the other foot for a lot of folks they would not be saying that as if it was so easily done.2 months "work" for many raiders to gear into their certain spec.

people being upset is easily justifiable by this alone , let alone the actual numbers etc....
Reply Quote
They likely won't revert it and are completely happy and willing to throw poorly geared mages under the bus.

Fire will be back, though. Either very very late in this tier with near BiS, or going into the next one, the crit lost by the CM nerf will be made up for. If this means that nobody can play fire until that point, so be it. Blizzard has been totally OK with this nonsense since Wrath.

In fact, this expansion is looking to me like a Wrath rerun in terms of stat inflation. A few months down the line, fire may not only be back, but utterly dominant as crit rates blow up, CM nerf notwithstanding.

Moral of the story? Crit is just too problematic a stat to build a spec around. Try something different, Blizz.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
the spec being unplayable doesn't have much to do with the fire changes from 5.1.

You really don't get it do you...
Read the relevant threads on why the CM nerf is causing a huge issue if you are thinking "heating up and inferno blast is gonna save the day".
Edited by Akuseligg on 12/7/2012 4:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Although the nerf to CM has caused the most significant issue, as they stated it was to avoid problems in the future. The issue they were obviously looking at was fire mages being able to crit 100% of the time by the end of the expac. So it would seem illogical for them to change CM back even if it's just temporary, though it would sure make alot of us happy. Im just hoping they make some adjustments soon that will help us out a bit. :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
I still like fire... /cry
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

You really don't get it do you...
Read the relevant threads on why the CM nerf is causing a huge issue if you are thinking "heating up and inferno blast is gonna save the day".

i get it completely. this is only the first raiding tier. there will be more crit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Very unlikely. I doubt they'll tweak CM because later on in the expansion they're worried about it out scaling other specs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]