Likelihood of Fire Nerf being reverted?

1 Blood Elf Priest
12/07/2012 05:11 AMPosted by Racthoh
i get it completely. this is only the first raiding tier. there will be more crit.

I am talking about "this tier", not the whole expansion.

Thus said in another thread that they (Blizzard) gives me no other choice but to take a break till the next tier, or when we're able to get that crit rating to make fire viable again.
Reply Quote
Seems pretty clear that GC wants fire to be a little strong on cleave fights like Stoneguard, and weak on single-target. Looks like they've hit the target fairly well, so I doubt any adjustments are likely.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
They likely won't revert it and are completely happy and willing to throw poorly geared mages under the bus.

Fire will be back, though. Either very very late in this tier with near BiS, or going into the next one, the crit lost by the CM nerf will be made up for. If this means that nobody can play fire until that point, so be it. Blizzard has been totally OK with this nonsense since Wrath.

In fact, this expansion is looking to me like a Wrath rerun in terms of stat inflation. A few months down the line, fire may not only be back, but utterly dominant as crit rates blow up, CM nerf notwithstanding.

Moral of the story? Crit is just too problematic a stat to build a spec around. Try something different, Blizz.

This post, quoted in its entirety = truth.

They wanted to diminish our dependancy on RNG and have now gone back on that philosophy - so if you like to see big numbers on a consistent basis you're either a geared fire mage now (i.e. over 500 ilvl or somewhere therein) or you've respecced.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
The fact that Blizzard refuses to comment about the change here should be proof enough that they are hoping we will just go quietly. And it may take a week or two but they knew exactly what would happen and expected and uproar and that they would lose players over it. But they more than likely also figured in how many people they lost from mages kicking their butts so it may balance out. I still don't see the problem with a class that only job is DPS to be on top. Sinced the nerf though I've had to sit here and get my butt kicked by a Shadow Priest and I hate it! 8)
Edited by Draagun on 12/7/2012 7:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
12/07/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Draagun
The fact that Blizzard refuses to comment about the change here should be proof enough that they are hoping we will just go quietly. And it may take a week or two but they knew exactly what would happen and expected and uproar and that they would lose players over it. But they more than likely also figured in how many people they lost from mages kicking their butts so it may balance out. I still don't see the problem with a class that only job is DPS to be on top. Sinced the nerf though I've had to sit here and get my butt kicked by a Shadow Priest and I hate it! 8)
lol bro, blizz says the listen to the mass of people but they dont. they just say what we want to hear and be done with it. they say they look into the situation with the devs lol but they dont. if they would listen to the community they would put back fire the way it was before the made it not even a spec anymore
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
It will not be reverted, because Ghostcrawler is either stupid or delusional:

Velayna ‏@Velayna
@Ghostcrawler You said "come back in a week and we will see how mages are", and yes, firemages are bottom :P

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
@Velayna Not seeing Fire on bottom. Happy where Fire is so far. Many mages trying Arcane and Frost, skewing results of sites like raidbots.

David Johnson ‏@JamaicanJasta
@Ghostcrawler This week (since the hotfix) fire has twice as many parses than Frost and Arcane combined, how would that skew the results?

@JamaicanJasta Look at Arcane's curve leap skyward. Now considered they were not buffed.

@Ghostcrawler Your reply implies that min/max moved to Arcane. Those outliers alone don't explain why median numbers for Fire fell so much.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
"Many mages trying Arcane and Frost." Yeah, no !@#$. Everybody is switching to a different spec because fire is terrible. How could he be happy about gutting a spec and making it almost unplayable in a raid?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
They need to fire that jagoff.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
It will not be reverted, because Ghostcrawler is either stupid or delusional:

Velayna ‏@Velayna
@Ghostcrawler You said "come back in a week and we will see how mages are", and yes, firemages are bottom :P

@Velayna Not seeing Fire on bottom. Happy where Fire is so far. Many mages trying Arcane and Frost, skewing results of sites like raidbots.

@Ghostcrawler This week (since the hotfix) fire has twice as many parses than Frost and Arcane combined, how would that skew the results?

@JamaicanJasta Look at Arcane's curve leap skyward. Now considered they were not buffed.

@Ghostcrawler Your reply implies that min/max moved to Arcane. Those outliers alone don't explain why median numbers for Fire fell so much.

I didn't think Ghost Crawler was this dumb.

"Happy many mages trying out Arcane and Frost"?!
Does this guy really think he made the mage class more diverse by nerfing fire to the ground and even breaking the fire spec by nerfing crit?

Players had no other choice but to look at the other two specs because this guy made it unviable.
Its not like the other two specs started to look appealing (more enjoyable) to them suddenly.

If you want more mages to play Arcane or Frost, make it more interesting rather then nerfing the popular spec to the ground.
Maybe adjusting the lvl90 talents is a good place to start.
I've also seen some nice ideas on the forums too.

Honestly, after reading some really good ideas,
I thought there were more talented people on this forum than in Blizzard,
after seeing what they did to the fire spec.
Edited by Akuseligg on 12/7/2012 11:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
just my 2 sent, i think the reason why pve players is suffering from this nerf is because of PvP player is QQ'ing about how OP Fire mages are with their critical damage,
dont you ever wonder all classes nerf and buff are all due to pvp?

i dont think, they would tweak our damage if were to do insane damage in pve
, they just want to balance out pvp...

cheers
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
They 100% will NOT revert it.

Mage is NOT the only class that got such hotfix and will NOT be the last class.

Bliz keep making the same mistake for the past 8 years, and did they revert it?

Reverting it means they admit that they made a terrible mistake. Do you think that they will admit their mistake?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
So here is my disclaimer; I raid on a Fire Mage (obviously Arcane, now).

I can't stand the fact that I can't play Fire anymore but I'm pretty willing to say that the reason they put Fire on bottom (technically, 3rd to the bottom according to simcraft) is because Arcane is #1 and Frost is #2 among ALL dps classes.

i don't agree with it but Mages already being two of the top specs in the game makes it hard to argue that Fire should be, too.

I wish they would have nerfed Frost instead.
Edited by Öutbreak on 12/8/2012 7:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
IQ
12/08/2012 07:26 AMPosted by Öutbreak
I can't stand the fact that I can't play Fire anymore but I'm pretty willing to say that the reason they put Fire on bottom (technically, 3rd to the bottom according to simcraft) is because Arcane is #1 and Frost is #2 among ALL dps classes.

Simcrafts broken for ranking specs, meaning its useless for ranking specs. Those ranks arent even close to being accurate.
Reply Quote
I actually have (had) a lot of respect for GC. But those tweets are honestly baffling. "Not seeing fire on the bottom." And then add in that last week he said "come back in a week with parses", then a week later, "the parses are skewed because so many people switched to arcane and frost".

I try to be as reasonable as possible, but those tweets really make no sense whatsoever.
Reply Quote
I actually have (had) a lot of respect for GC. But those tweets are honestly baffling. "Not seeing fire on the bottom." And then add in that last week he said "come back in a week with parses", then a week later, "the parses are skewed because so many people switched to arcane and frost".

I try to be as reasonable as possible, but those tweets really make no sense whatsoever.

What those tweets aren't letting you in on is the fear that has paralyzed the WoW design team. (And it is a team, it's not just GC.) Namely, they know where crit is going down line. Up up and away.

They've taken the easy way out and sacrificed low geared mages to help avoid the reckoning down the line.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Ego
The likelihood of them reverting the nerf would be if all the people that say they are going to quit actually go through with it and quit.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/08/2012 07:55 AMPosted by Batar
Simcrafts broken for ranking specs, meaning its useless for ranking specs. Those ranks arent even close to being accurate.

Na, those charts are accurate. The fire mage in my raid group went arcane after the fire nerf and didnt miss a step. Just aoe dps loss, but still pulling almost as much dps as he did on fire. If he can do it then you can too.
Edited by Musstybone on 12/8/2012 2:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I doubt they'll revert it.

No matter how much proof we throw at them that the nerf was obscenely too much, they'll just keep saying back at us "Well one or two tiers down the line fire *might* scale too well, so we're just going to obliterate the existence of fire mages until 5.2-5.3 for the sake of preventing this future problem! Have fun starting from square one gearing your arcane mage, suckers."
Look we did some math with the highest tier heroic fully upgraded perfect gem no latency patchwerk fight math, and Mages are doing about 2000 DPS more than Arcane mages so one day you'll be fine!

So therefore there is literally no problem ever *locks thread*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]