A brief synopsis:
<The Eh Team> is a casual fun-loving raiding guild. Our focus is strongly based on progression without the pressure of the more serious raiding guilds. We try to balance enjoying yourself in game (shocking!), real life commitments, and actual raiding results.
Our approach has led us to being the oldest 10 man guild on the server. The Late night team formed at the beginning of Ulduar, and has consistantly run 3 times a week since that time. We've had players come and go, but we've been fortunate to have limited turnover (still have 8 original members), and its rare for spots to open up. We've also typically been one of the stronger raiding teams on the server, progressing steadily through Heroics.
Both of our teams are currently recruiting now:
Raids: Tues / Thurs / Sun from 8pm - 11pm server
Recruiting: Resto / Ele Shaman
Jcq / Chise's Team
Raids: Tues / Thurs / Sun from 1030pm - 130am server
Recruiting: A ranged DPS (Prefer Warlock)
A bit about our culture:
- We currently have 3 equal officers that share in all aspects of guild leadership. While we have a solid core of officers, we listen well and welcome feedback from everyone in the guild (besides Equnnix that is....)
- Although we have "Eh" in our name, we are not a Canadian guild =)
- Coming from a fraternity myself (albeit "the nerdy one"), we decided on making all new members go through "Pledging." As such, becoming a member involves going through a fairly entertaining (for us) pledge process, including a hell week and an Initiation night
- We've hosted multiple server-wide Gnome Marathons and have given away more than 35k gold in prizes! We're looking into creating a similar event twice a year
- Obviously, this is a game and real life comes first, so we don't have a requirement on making raids and such. We also don't take the yelling / hardcore approach (unless you're terrible and/or Shaamwoww)
- We have an active vent server (approx 15 people online a night) and a guild bank with all the space you would ever need (except when Dreamily fills the bank with acorns)
As you can tell, while we do put an emphasis on playing well, we put more emphasis on having fun and ensuring everyone fits into the guild just right. While the average raider in our guild is exceptionally well geared, gear is not a requirement (though having a personality is). We don't mind helping gear up a player if they would fit into the guild well.
If you're at all interested, please let me know. We don't have a formal application process, but if our current needs fit your skill set, we'd love to chat and see if this guild would be a good fit. This usually means talking with you in vent a bit and taking you on a variety of raids. This process generally takes two weeks.
Please post here or visit our website for more information (theehteam.wowstead.com). You can also whisper either myself, Chise, or Kalindrakar in game.