Pure DPS classes need to be buffed

90 Troll Rogue
This is something that has been bugging me for quite a while. In PvP, I usually find myself being outdamaged by hybrid classes (more specifically spriests, paladins, and druids). I understand that those classes can choose a DPS spec but they still have the ability to heal themselves and others and at the same time still outburst a pure dps class. I feel like this is unfair to us pures that have low survivability compared to the hybrids.

In PvE though, hybrids have a much harder time competing with us on the damage meters. (From what I've seen)

I haven't seen this perspective brought up much, so I wanted to see how people thought about it.

Agree/Disagree?
Reply Quote
Agreed. hunters, warlocks (to a lesser extent because they have a lot of utlity), rogues, and mages should be at the top of dps, but only by 5-10% at the most.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Oh, God. One of these threads again... No one person *deserves* more or less than another player based on something as arbitrary as class. If you want to heal or tank, ROLL SOMETHING ELSE. Also consider that you might be worse at playing your class than those hybrids that are roflstomping you on the meters. Stop making these threads.
Edited by Halister on 12/6/2012 3:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You seem to be drastically overestimating the healing hybrids can do. Hybrids don't have more survivability because while we do have the ability to heal, we have less defensive cooldowns than pure DPS classes.

Pure DPS classes doing 5-10% more damage than hybrids is a terrible idea. In a raid situation I'm not throwing out heals every GCD, I'm DPSing my hardest to beat the enrage timer while throwing out a heal once or twice a minute to keep myself or someone else from dying.

If however you mean Pure DPS classes should only do 5-10% more damage in PvP then hybrids would need a lot more healing to stay useful.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
12/06/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Halister
Oh, God. One of these threads again... No one person *deserves* more or less than another player based on something as arbitrary as class. If you want to heal or tank, ROLL SOMETHING ELSE. Also consider that you might be worse at playing your class than those hybrids that are roflstomping you on the meters. Stop making these threads.

What burst your bubble? I was simply saying that we should be more unique. If hybrids will always do more dps than a pure, then what's the point of rolling pure if you can dps, heal, and in some cases tank if you wanted to.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm not a proponent of the hybrid tax either. However, I am in favor of bringing up pure's self healing to that of hybrids. No we can't use it on anyone else, but it levels the playing field against others who can not only trounce our self heals but heal others as well. I'm all for seeing mages, rogues, hunters, and locks be brought up to the self healing levels of ret pallies, feral/balance druids, spriests, ww monks, spriests, frost and unholy dks, and arms/fury warriors.

Obviously we shouldn't have the self healing of prot pallies or warriors, guardian druids, brewmaster monks, or blood dks. But evening out the self healing among the dps specs would be great for balance IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
12/06/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Dantekong
You seem to be drastically overestimating the healing hybrids can do. Hybrids don't have more survivability because while we do have the ability to heal, we have less defensive cooldowns than pure DPS classes.

Lie
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Kawaiidesu
but only by 5-10% at the most.

Then everyone would just spend a couple of days lvling a pure ... and noone would play hybrids for dps...
Edited by Elendïl on 12/6/2012 7:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Oh, so we're fighting today.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/06/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Purebalance
Lie

Play a Shaman DPS in pvp.
Go ahead.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Disagree. And if your getting outdpsed my an Spriest than it sounds like a personal issue
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 07:47 PMPosted by Elendïl
but only by 5-10% at the most.

Then everyone would just spend a couple of days lvling a pure ... and noone would play hybrids for dps...

Almost every class is getting beaten by somebody by 5-10%, do you see people flocking to play them? Nope.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/06/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Kawaiidesu
Almost every class is getting beaten by somebody by 5-10%, do you see people flocking to play them? Nope.

Yeah, it's not like there's been a sudden surge of arcane mages since the patch due to a DPS difference of ~10%.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/06/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Delirious

Yeah, it's not like there's been a sudden surge of arcane mages since the patch due to a DPS difference of ~10%.

There's a notable difference between migration of specs from something nerfed out of existence and the migration of characters.
Hybrids can bring some nice raid utility, such as a boomkins tranquility.
Pure's can also bring utility, such as a rogues feint and a warlocks healthstones/portals.
While not as significant, they still are noticeable.

So give a bit more raid utility to hunters/mages/possibly rogues and you'll likely see the end of such discussions.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
It's not balanced when a class being pure has more utility, cc and damage, than a hybrid
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/06/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Warping
So give a bit more raid utility to hunters/mages/possibly rogues and you'll likely see the end of such discussions.

Well... that was the idea when they gave utility to those classes the first time. Did it change anything in terms of player FOTM hopping? Hahah no.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Warping

I am all for this
12/06/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Kawaiidesu
Almost every class is getting beaten by somebody by 5-10%, do you see people flocking to play them?

Yes and a lot , btw there are just 3 OP specs atm (talking about pve), i won't mention which ones i don't wanna create any hard feelings :O
Edited by Elendïl on 12/7/2012 1:57 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]