Pure DPS classes need to be buffed

90 Dwarf Paladin
Know whats sad? Pure DPS classes can out selfheal better than Hybrids.
Reply Quote
83 Orc Warlock
Pures need to either be 5-10% ahead in DPS, or need more raid utility.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Pure classes don't exist anymore.

You either are a tank, or a healer, or a DPS. Every DPS class has the ability to heal themselves now, and do DPS.

What you're really asking for is to have your class buffed, which Rogues will be.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
12/06/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Warping

Yeah, it's not like there's been a sudden surge of arcane mages since the patch due to a DPS difference of ~10%.

There's a notable difference between migration of specs from something nerfed out of existence and the migration of characters.
Hybrids can bring some nice raid utility, such as a boomkins tranquility.
Pure's can also bring utility, such as a rogues feint and a warlocks healthstones/portals.
While not as significant, they still are noticeable.

So give a bit more raid utility to hunters/mages/possibly rogues and you'll likely see the end of such discussions.

Warlock Health Stones heal for more if every raid member does it, than a Boomer/Feral tranq. U dumb.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
There is no such thing as a "hybrid" in pvp.

There's "healer" and there's "damage" and that's it.

You want to complain about hybrids, go slay dragons. But for killin' manz, heal, dps, or gtfo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/07/2012 02:41 AMPosted by Fiddlesnarf

Based on what I have seen your claim seems suspect, can you provide any data to support what you say?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Oh, God. One of these threads again... No one person *deserves* more or less than another player based on something as arbitrary as class. If you want to heal or tank, ROLL SOMETHING ELSE. Also consider that you might be worse at playing your class than those hybrids that are roflstomping you on the meters. Stop making these threads.

What burst your bubble? I was simply saying that we should be more unique. If hybrids will always do more dps than a pure, then what's the point of rolling pure if you can dps, heal, and in some cases tank if you wanted to.

Because Hybrids won't always do more dps than a pure. If we're talking PvE--mages, warlocks, and rogues are all in a good place. Hunters are middle of the pack. PvP is very different. As a rogue, you have insane amounts of CC and control. Blizz knows this + insane damage made rogues the most OP class in Cata and many many seasons before that. So you have lowered PvP burst paired with insane CC.

12/07/2012 02:41 AMPosted by Fiddlesnarf

This is a straight up lie. Hybrids always have more theoretical healing output than pures. My DK can heal for 100-150k once every 2 minutes. My ret can heal for 50-100k every 10 seconds.
Edited by Lamarcus on 12/7/2012 9:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The idea that classes with only DPS specs must naturally be intrinsically superior by a noticeable amount on the meters compared to hybrids is a laughable relic of old design that Blizzard has not held to in years.
Reply Quote
Ugh, I thought we were done with this ridiculous "hybrid tax" threads.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2012 03:08 PMPosted by Chasedown
I haven't seen this perspective brought up much, so I wanted to see how people thought about it.

lol really? Every time a mage, lock, rogue, hunter gets outperformed we get one of these threads. Hybrids don't exist in the way you people keep bringing up and blizz has already confirmed it so leave it be and just try to play your class better. If not go find another.

So in short, disagree.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Warrior
12/06/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Delirious
Lie

Play a Shaman DPS in pvp.
Go ahead.

I find it interesting people aren't bringing up Shammy's in the argument here. Our healing has been very limited in MoP in DPS spec's. We used to have access to a lot of the Resto basic healing spells and I think all we can do now is healing rain and chain heal (been a while since I've really strolled through my enhance's spell book).

Frost Mages are complained about every other day in PvP. They are considered over powered and survive too well with the ability to kite well. Last time I checked my Mage was a pure and didn't have the ability to heal like hybrids can.

I don't want to go back to the Hybrid Tax. Any spec that can DPS should be around the same level. Sure, some are going to be more powerful some patches then others, that's just how it is. Someone has to be on top.

It also makes me wish they would separate PvP and PvE once and for all. I know some of my hybrid toons have suffered greatly in PvE when changes to try to balance out issues in PvP happen.

Don't get me wrong - my very first toon was a Mage on a PvP server and I played her a long time. I don't hate PvP. It just seems like changing an aspect of a class to fix one part (PvP) hinders the other aspect of that class (PvE) and visa versa. I think separating these two parts would alleviate a great number of the issues we all experience but whether that is even feasible or worthwhile for Blizz to do is part of the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/07/2012 02:46 AMPosted by Taterdotz
Pures need to either be 5-10% ahead in DPS, or need more raid utility.

Its funny because the only people who agree to this are pures. If they werent playing pures i bet they would be singing another song.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

This is a straight up lie. Hybrids always have more theoretical healing output than pures. My DK can heal for 100-150k once every 2 minutes. My ret can heal for 50-100k every 10 seconds.

i noticed that you conveniently left out your drain strike.
Edited by Turmoyl on 12/8/2012 12:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
So tell me pures, you think you should do 5-10% more dps because I could tank if I wanted. Well I can't spec tank and use that spec to dps, it doesn't work that way.

The hybrid tax was old stale and a waste of time. Bring the player not the class.
Edited by Icyveìns on 12/8/2012 1:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

i noticed that you conveniently left out your drain strike.

Conveniently left out? ROFL. In case you didn't read the 5.2 notes, Death Strike was nerfed into Oblivion. It heals for measly amounts now that aren't really worth the resource cost. Hilarious that an SPRIEST thinks Death Strike is a viable source of off-healing.
Edited by Lamarcus on 12/8/2012 3:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
12/07/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Mahourai
The idea that classes with only DPS specs must naturally be intrinsically superior by a noticeable amount on the meters compared to hybrids is a laughable relic of old design that Blizzard has not held to in years.

Interesting that you say that considering that the top dps has almost always been a pure even since blizzard stopped officially touting the idea of a hybrid tax.

They deliberately leave the issue murky because of, well, thread like this one.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/07/2012 12:08 AMPosted by Conser
It's not balanced when a class being pure has more utility, cc and damage, than a hybrid

Yeah, give me more survivability since I'm a tank/dps hybrid and you can have more dps. It's the fault of the pures that dark succor,an awesome ability in pve, was bent over and fcked up the !@#$ and turned into a crappy version of victory rush.

By the way, I call it a crappy version of victory rush because unlike warriors, we have only one real gap closer. Death Grip puts us in range of one enemy where as warriors have 3 of them: charge, heroic leap, and, this one is situational, intervene.

Wouldn't you consider a ranged snare a gap closer?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
There's more to pvp than being top of the damage meters. Plus you are probably being outplayed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]