Pure DPS classes need to be buffed

90 Draenei Paladin
mages / locks do, do more dps, hunters are up there too after the 5.1 buffs.

Why are you complaining exactly? Maybe you should suck less.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
12/10/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Syuko
Know whats sad? Pure DPS classes can out selfheal better than Hybrids.

This^^^^^^^^ makes the hybrid vs pures arguement void!It's true ,check your next bg stats an I garuntee a pure will out heal any dps hybrid.I would gladly trade my crap heals for more dps in a heartbeat!What you really mean is rogues need a buff...(although I enjoy pooping on them atm).

Just because a class has more common self heals doesn't mean they can self heal better than a hybrid. DPS hybrids have the ability to heal more effectively than pures while pure healing is usually in the form of damage or passive instead of being actual casted heals. Hybrids usually just choose to neglect healing themselves in BGs because the healers heal them, while pures, if they choose to have a heal, can't usually turn it off. Also, mages have practically no heals at all. Glyped evo is about it, everything else is a form of an absorb.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
You're all welcome to roll DPS shaman. Because we're so op.

Pretty much currently if you're getting out dps'd by a hybrid dps... you suck. You are ahead by 5-10%. You do bring equal amounts of utility. I couldnt imagine doing gara without smoke bomb, or will without ALL OF THE MAGES. Warlocks are gods on Elegon sparks and everything else. Hunters are... lets just say balanced. I have yet to do a boss that becomes SIGNIFICANTLY easier with a certain hybrid class/spec. I've done a lot that are easier with certain pure classes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/10/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Spinnerdh
. Also, mages have practically no heals at all. Glyped evo is about it, everything else is a form of an absorb.

...the difference being?

Look, these threads come up over and over. Here are the facts of the matter.

1. Having multiple dps specs is in itself a buff, since you always have better odds of having a top performer amongst the three.

2. Utility is very well spread around now.

3. In spite of 5 years (!!!!) of all DPS being on a more or less level playing field, pures are still well represented in the game, in raids, in progression, and in pvp. Nobody has stopped playing pures. The numbers speak for themselves.

If you guys could point to some meaningful stats, such as a decline in pure numbers, you would have more of a case. But you can't and so you don't. All I hear is "let us win at the start screen again!" It...ain't...gonna...happen, no matter how many of these threads you make.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
12/11/2012 12:25 AMPosted by Carmageddon
1. Having multiple dps specs is in itself a buff, since you always have better odds of having a top performer amongst the three.

It goes both ways, while having 3 dps specs means we have higher odds of having a viable dps spec it also means we have zero odds of having a viable tanking or healing spec, unlike hybrids.

2. Utility is very well spread around now.

I raid 25 man, I have no utility. Blizzard just shifted the buff buddy utility from shamans to hunters.

3. In spite of 5 years (!!!!) of all DPS being on a more or less level playing field, pures are still well represented in the game, in raids, in progression, and in pvp. Nobody has stopped playing pures. The numbers speak for themselves.

Doesn't mean there isn't imbalance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Warlock Health Stones heal for more if every raid member does it, than a Boomer/Feral tranq. U dumb.

Try reading my post.

Hate to say it but you bring as much utility as locks if not more. Portals, Crit buff, Food/Water, Haste Buff, int.... so by your logic, locks should outDPS mages (finally).

What is this I don't even..
Oh right, don't actually raid.

Food/Water or cakes, are irrelevant by the fact that, I daresay, most guilds eat feasts.
We don't bring haste, there is no int buff unless you are talking about stats which is brought by other classes.

Portals are irrelevant to raiding, completely.
Since hearth stone cooldowns are so short and their destination the same as our portals.
Edited by Warping on 12/11/2012 12:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
13 Undead Warlock
12/06/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Darkgrif
If hybrids will always do more dps than a pure, then what's the point of rolling pure if you can dps, heal, and in some cases tank if you wanted to.

Because you don't want to do any of those other options and want to focus more on dealing damage.

In all honesty, I use to agree to what was known as the Hybrid Tax. More or less a Hybrid DPS should never do more damage than a pure. This idea created balancing headaches and left many people feeling like second class citizens solely because they picked the wrong class at the character selection screen.

I agree, some of the Uniqueness that we once had should be returned to the game for the sake of giving raids a reason to bring more variety to a raid and spend less time class stacking.

PS: I'm also a proponent that classes who don't have a healing spec of some kind shouldn't need self healing with the only exception being Affliction and possibly Demo warlocks as they use their health as a resource.

Um... hate to break it to you, but many people have stayed with certain mains since vanilla. Tooltips on each class were very different then. And, what is the advantage of a pure class? The only thing anyone (especially hybrids - mind you, I'm a hybrid too) ever say is that "no one will ask you to heal or tank." Really, that's the advantage!?! That's the best this game has to offer? Lol... hybridize them already, 4 spec capability has been introduced, feral kitty is literally out of the bag, let the game evolve.

And for some of those pures that would hate a 4th spec that provides a different role, ultimately, you can stay dps. NO ONE forces you to do anything you don't let them. You can still spec dps, it just provides an option for those who would enjoy something different with their mains (and rerolling an alt is so damn tedious now - not the same as getting different gear sets/transmog sets for your MAIN - not even close to the same satisfaction). I'd wager tank population would increase if rogues finally were able to evasion-tank like in the old days.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
12/06/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Delirious
Almost every class is getting beaten by somebody by 5-10%, do you see people flocking to play them? Nope.

Yeah, it's not like there's been a sudden surge of arcane mages since the patch due to a DPS difference of ~10%.

Actually the flocking of magi from fire to arcane/frost was substantial following the Fire nerf. From a raid perspective, the logs were showing a mass exodus and as such Blizzard had to rebuff the fire mage. Basically an admission.

Not that the fire magi community couldn't of told them the best option for nerfing us, if they had asked.....

That kind of got off topic - guess you know which spec I am. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
So if my hybrid has better gear than my pure, my pure should still out dps my hybrid? Player skill, connection, reaction time etc... should have nothing to do with it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/12/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Tehhotness
So if my hybrid has better gear than my pure, my pure should still out dps my hybrid? Player skill, connection, reaction time etc... should have nothing to do with it?

Ignore the people vying for the hybrid tax.
I would like to see abilities that help raids or give some perk for not being able to respec into another role.

Currently I think mages are fine, due to ring of frost, rogues are fine due to feint and warlocks are fine due to healthstones.

But what happens next tier when RoF isn't relevant?
What happens if instead of periodic AoE damage, damage goes out in DoT's instead?
What about hunters?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Its funny because the only people who disagree to this are hybrids.

Did you even read the the previous page? Hint: I play a mage and don't agree that DPS-only classes should have an intrinsic advantage.

Well arn't you a special snowflake.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
12/13/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Zneed
Well arn't you a special snowflake.

Not really, its that difficult to not be terribly biased.
Edited by Hiroran on 12/13/2012 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
All I can say is that a class that only has DPS specs should have at least one of those specs at least at the middle of the pack for all fights on Median parse. And looking at raidbots, briefly, that appears to be the case.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]