Landfall Krasarang Guide?

90 Goblin Priest
Is there any kind of guide out there on how this place, these factions work? Honestly I have no idea what is happening other than the factions are at war over prime beach real estate!

I am no PvP player.. never done an arena, don't think I have been in a BG since Burning Crusade. But I am interested in doing the dailies, earning rep, especially for the Black Prince.

So I go down there the Horde camp is surrounded on the map by blue markers, with Alliance flags up all over the place. Is there a way to switch this back to Horde Control? I have been getting these commissions stacking up in my bag. There is a vendor I see who sells random stuff, but I have no idea if I need to buy them or what they really do. What should I be spending them on? I killed the "Rares" over in the Blue town, got the cheev. Is there really any reason to go back over there and kill more stuff? I usually get about 5 dailies over on the horde side to do, which are fairly straightforward and easy. The quests today sent me over to the caves on the Alliance side. Is it always so hard to actually do quests in that cave? Based on the fact both factions are in there, it almost seems like a good day to do something else than bother going in them. Most of the mobs I encountered were grey (tapped) and were just standing around. After about 15min I just hearthed out.

I guess other than doing a few dailies a day is there anything else to it? Am I missing some big picture here.

I think the concept of it seems pretty cool, but should it be so difficult to figure out what exactly you are supposed to be doing over there?
Reply Quote
http://www.wowhead.com/news=208409/wowheads-patch-5-1-guide

Voila.

12/06/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Dahk
Is there any kind of guide out there on how this place, these factions work? Honestly I have no idea what is happening other than the factions are at war over prime beach real estate!

Quoted for Truth and Great Justice. Garrosh has his eyes on some sandy beaches and drinks with umbrellas in them. That's why we hate him.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
You do not have to PvP to do the dailies. The dailies will be offered in your faction's camp (I believe Domination Point is the name of the Horde camp; Alliance are at Lion's Landing). There will usually be about 5 quests per day to do in one of several areas (There seem to be about 4 or 5 different sets of quests you can get). The cave quests you had are the worst to do, ime, because of how tightly packed everything is in there. I usually try to do those in a group with a guildie or two.

You DO have to PvP to recapture the PvP objectives. There's a tower on each side of the map, a resource (the mines on Alliance side of the map, the oil derrick on the Horde side of the map), and graveyard on each side of the map. To recapture it for your side, flag yourself for PvP and stand at the quest objective. You have to dismount for the slider to show up and start ticking, but you can mount up again once it starts moving; just stay on the ground. The graveyards provide... graveyards. The towers provide a damage and health buff when your side controls them (The amount of the buff changes depending on faction balance in the area on your server at the time, I believe), and the resource provides another small buff. (If your faction controls the mines you can mount inside the caves, for example.)

You will occasionally get sent over near Blue Town for dailies, but apart from that or capping objectives over there, you don't need to go over there unless you want to kill the rares again for honor or a chance at a brawler's guild invitation.

As far as the currency, I'm not sure what to spend mine on either. You can spend them to get a quest; you have to collect items off animals to capture an elite creature for a group to kill for rep and a buff. These quests are a huge pain with horrible drop rates though, so I don't do them. I mostly spend my currency on portal reagents from Lion's Landing to the Skyfire so I don't have to fly all the way across Krasarang when my dailies send me over to Domination Point. I don't know if the Horde have a similar base they get sent to to do dailies over in the Lion's Landing region though.
Edited by Honorata on 12/6/2012 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Thanks to both of you, very helpful.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Xunn
Quoted for Truth and Great Justice. Garrosh has his eyes on some sandy beaches and drinks with umbrellas in them. That's why we hate him.

Speak for yourself, cud-chewer -- me and the 'rosh go way back. I always thought you cow men were a little too friendly with those pointy eared elves.

No, not those pointy eared elves. The bigger, bluer ones.

Anyway, more dead Alliance is never a bad thing, but throw in some prime real estate and I'm ready to pack up my flip flops.

Three cheers for Garrosh!

/crickets

Hmm.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
12/06/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Honorata
You do not have to PvP to do the dailies.

Quoted for truth.

12/06/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Honorata
You DO have to PvP to recapture the PvP objectives.

... only if you're opposed. When I was doing my dailies this morning, I capped a tower by just sitting there.

Even on my PvP server, though, most players are pretty nice to each other. I got some help from an Alliance shadow priest yesterday killing one of the named quest mobs, and once it was done, we just /saluted and moved on with our dailies.

Sure, you might get into a bit of a hot situation, but it's not quite the gank-fest that, say, Isle of Quel'danas was at times...
"Passion has overthrown tyrants and freed prisoners and slaves. Passion has brought justice where there was savagery. Passion has created freedom where there was nothing but fear. Passion has helped souls rise from the ashes of their horrible lives and build something better, stronger, more beautiful." -- Harry Dresden
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/06/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Pahanda
You do not have to PvP to do the dailies.

Quoted for truth.

You DO have to PvP to recapture the PvP objectives.

... only if you're opposed. When I was doing my dailies this morning, I capped a tower by just sitting there.

This is also true! I was coming at it from the point of view of someone on a PvE server. You don't have to flag yourself to do the dailies; you DO have to flag yourself to recap objectives. But yeah, how much actual PvP you'll engage in capturing them depends on how crowded the area is at the time and if anyone on the opposition cares that you're capping. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]