Just get rid of AV or put it back to vanilla

100 Undead Monk
All of your changes over the years have destroyed this bg. Just do one or the other please, Blizzard.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
let people queue for old school av

I guarantee you people would play it. current form is just a sad excuse for pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
wtb shredders!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
The return of old AV would cause me to subscribe to WoW for life. I never had more fun in this game then I did there.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

I guarantee you people would play it. current form is just a sad excuse for pvp.

YES PLEASE! Let it last 6 hours too!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior

YES PLEASE! Let it last 6 hours too!

AND BRING BACK THE KNOCKBACK SNOWBALLS!!!

>.>

<.<

No? Nobody?

:(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
and allow you to use the snowballs on your teammates >:]
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
12/07/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Valamar
and allow you to use the snowballs on your teammates >:]

OMG YES
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
12/07/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Zeroizer
AND BRING BACK THE KNOCKBACK SNOWBALLS!!!

Yes!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Like anything in wow, anything nice has to be dumbed down for the masses. One of the devs wrote a while ago that the current WoW team doesn't even know how AV is coded and that they are scared to go inside and mess with stuff.

With the power players can get with gear, I'm not sure old AV would last forever like it used to. The guard spam in the bases was horrendous and lead to the stalemates. Guards now are a joke even in mass.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I miss Hardpacked Snowball too.

Podcast with Chilton suggests they may be reworking AV in the future. Lets hope they do well.
Reply Quote
32 Human Paladin
There's no outrageous difference between the two incarnations of AV.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Except that the old AV had the horde starting 15-20 secs closer to their objectives than the alliance(both sides met at balinda, horde capped SH bunker before ally could even make it there).

Old AV matches typically lasted 18-48 hours.
Reply Quote
32 Human Paladin
Except that the old AV had the horde starting 15-20 secs closer to their objectives than the alliance(both sides met at balinda, horde capped SH bunker before ally could even make it there).

That's a bull!@#$ lie, because I participated in them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/08/2012 12:43 AMPosted by Tonik

You living in denial(or you might be lying) does not change reality.

Go find any Vanilla/BC vid of AV and you will see both sides meeting at Balinda.

There is a reason why the blizz dev's moved the horde starting cave back so that it was balanced with the ally starting gate.
Reply Quote
32 Human Paladin
12/08/2012 12:49 AMPosted by Paetheas

You living in denial(or you might be lying) does not change reality.

Go find any Vanilla/BC vid of AV and you will see both sides meeting at Balinda.

There is a reason why the blizz dev's moved the horde starting cave back so that it was balanced with the ally starting gate.

pls stop basing reality on videos
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
12/08/2012 12:28 AMPosted by Paetheas

Nah, typically 45 minutes to 2 hours. I've only been in one (1) 36 hour AV. The preponderance are under 2 hours. And epic fights, usually.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/08/2012 01:06 AMPosted by Tonik
pls stop basing reality on videos

Glad you were smart enough to post on an alt.

I played AV EXTENSIVELY in burning crusade.

I told you to find a vid as proof b/c you can't exactly go Q up for the original version of AV.

I do find it slightly depressing that kids as stupid as you will be responsible for the future of our planet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]