CC Popping Up on Screen

90 Human Rogue
Yess yess get ride of those nice cc screens that tell you when I've just shived you to root you or actually stunned you... muhahahahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaa.....

*wicked grin*
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior
You would be astounded just how much you are unaware of in the big userbase that is Wow players.

I seriously doubt that.

But I voice my opinion where I wish. This particular "feature" I'm unhappy with.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
12/06/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Crepe
You would be astounded just how much you are unaware of in the big userbase that is Wow players.

I seriously doubt that.

But I voice my opinion where I wish. This particular "feature" I'm unhappy with.

I was merely bringing it up because you chose the term "we" rather than "I" when talking about your dissatisfaction with it ("a feature we didn't ask for"). You don't speak for anyone but yourself on these forums, but you should already know that by now.

Just irks me a bit when I see that.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Warlock
I'd settle for having the whole of the thing being able to be turned off, rather than part of it.

If I switch the feature off (which I have), then my entire action bar shouldn't light up in red every time I get stunned for half a second by a random mob casting Shockwave while I do my dailies. That's not helpful in the least, it's actually quite the eyesore.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I enjoy it, I think its a great addition

Its a popular add-on that was brought to the blizz UI
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
12/06/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Crithto
You can disable the notices via the in-game options menu.

No, you cannot. The "red bar" will stay, don't matter what. This is pissing me off too, really.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
My issue is the same as i have when they add extra buttons for pve encounters . GIVE ME A WAY TO MOVE IT.

I use stock ui but i love that i can move my player frames and focus frame but i hate the cc thing right in Mid i want tobe able to move it over some.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Im just posting to let Blizzard know that I like it... although, it can use a little more customization. Making it movable and resizable can be a good start. Maybe possibly adding a pvp/pve option would also be good. I like it because sometimes in big groups, it is hard to see the type of cc and the length that is applied. I used Omni CC and Lose Control just for the easy recognition of the different cc types and lengths. Now I don't need either. It also makes it easier for me to juke silences on my healers and whether the trinket, potion or bubble is worth it or not.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
12/06/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Crithto

No, you can't. That's the problem. Please communicate this to the devs.

Disabling the option does not disable the "cooldown style" disruption mechanic, and even when disabled the red screen sometimes still triggers.

No, this is not an addon issue. I don't use addons.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Pox
I actually like the pop message with the duration countdown (although moving it would be nice), but I agree with others about the red icons. I'd like to turn that part off. I like a minimalist interface and redundant cooldown graphics add busyness.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I like it because i know the person on the other end knows just annoying a rogue can be in pvp :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I complained about this the other day but will comment on yours too to keep it going.
Yes, I know the alert box can be toggled off.
But I absolutely hate the red/blacked out action bars when I am cc'd.
(yoda voice) SO MUCH HATE.
That's how much.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/06/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Teelo
But not screwing up our action bars.

This is being fixed in the next patch.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Crithto! Don't remove it! I find it a wonderful addition to the UI personally, and while some of the more *touchy* players might want it removed altogether, I've found it useful in multiple situations.

If they really don't like it, let 'em uncheck it. I like the red stuff, it tells me what I can and can't use when I'm cc'd. This is especially useful as a relatively casual gamer, I don't have time to sit down and memorize the lengths of every unique crowd-control option.

I'd actually like to offer my thanks for the addition. Please ignore those who want it totally gone.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Crithto! Don't remove it! I find it a wonderful addition to the UI personally, and while some of the more *touchy* players might want it removed altogether, I've found it useful in multiple situations.

Vryin, read the post... he's not going to fully remove it... just have it switched OFF for the people who switch the feature off. Those that choose to use the feature still get it...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Just sad we had a client patch and this is still there.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
12/06/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Ibcman
I personally am outraged by this addition that they've added to the game. I'm sure it would be really helpful for someone in the raiding aspect, but for PvP it's no good. I wouldn't at all mind the box in the middle of the screen, what really irritates me is the red "cooldown" timer on your action bars. It sends me into a confusion when it happens, then resulting in a dead player. A suggestion I would like to make is to add an option in the interface menu where you can choose to apply the "CC Box", as I like to call it.

Yesss... Yesss....

Feel your hatred flow through you! Feel it FILL your soul with...with hate.

Then take that hate and let it simmer... FEEL YOUR BLOOD BOIL!

Then... Take your simmered hatred, and pour it into a cup... And then drink that scalding hate to make it even more hateful!

Mwahahaha!
Edited by Dalkin on 12/6/2012 9:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I love this feature, am I the only one? On this character (my healer & main) I have it set where it only 'warns' me of the CC used. I find that with the warning I can really use my PVP trinket & abilities to free myself from CC more smart than I did before. On my mage, my main DPS character currently, I have it set so I get the warning and time the CC has left. I find that useful in the same way for that character. (On this toon, having the time left of an ability would confuse me).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]