CC Popping Up on Screen

100 Draenei Shaman
It's possible that you're not being dispelled when you should be and the healers are sitting on their dispels. However, healers now have an 8 second CD on their dispels, so if multiple people are debuffed it needs to be triaged and hopefully two healers don't choose the same person.

<< has five healers.

I know there's a dispel CD. I typically get these runs with like 3 or 4 priests and apparently not a single freaking one of them know how to Mass Dispel.

As it is I use my fear break/magic dispel(depends on who I'm on, really) on CD. The fact that I can look at those trash packs in Recount and see 0 dispels coming from the priests is appalling.

Same goes for the three fish guys in Terrace. Two priests and myself. Both shadow. I was the only one dispelling cleansing waters. Really guys?

However, it is very expensive, so it's not generally used to clear just one or two debuffs, and using it on CD will seriously tax mana reserves. One place you will see a priest spamming it is LFR with the trash mobs you mention which put a stacking petrification debuff on the raid. But it has a target cap of 10, so even if I mass dispel where you are, it may not dispel you. And all bets are off if the tanks pull the next pack without waiting for stacks to fall off and healers to regain mana.

Mass Dispel removes 100 effects. If it hits *half* the raid, all at 8 stacks, it should remove enough to not cause issues for the next 15 seconds. And I know how mana intensive it is. See: I have five healers. One of which is a priest. Spriest can also use this spell.

I tend to get runs where no one dispels ANYTHING and then our Druid tank gets petrified, rocked, and then the healers complain that "tank sucks" when the only damage mitigation a druid gets is Dodge.. which you can't use while petrified.

It shouldn't be difficult. It really shouldn't. And people should really be killing those Jinyu before the petrify guys. They transfer health to the big guys, making the big guys take longer to kill. They die *fast*.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I think "outraged" is a bit over the top.

I don't find it useful and I find it intrusive. It's not a feature we asked for as far as I'm aware and I don't find it a positive addition to the UI.
At least he didn't say it was a "slap in the face".
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Is there anything in the works to let the pop-up alert notification be moved and/or made smaller? I like the alert for certain things (mainly silences) but the current size and placement of the pop-up is a little too intrusive for me to use it as is.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
good
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Features added the community hasn't asked for. Just another great example of blizzard's disconnect from its customers. Might be time to start asking for the head of the community manager at blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

This is being fixed in the next patch.

Because God forbid Blizzard hotfix anything that's hurting players, you only hotfix stuff that helps.

Yes, I KNOW this needs a client-side patch, but I doubt it's more than a trivial amount of time to implement it, it's the WILL that's lacking, not the ability, especially since 5.2 is clearly MONTHS away.

Well, you can doubt that all you want, but it's actually not trivial to make patches for big titles like this. Lots of testing needs to go into it to ensure something didn't break for any fraction of the population. It makes more sense for the patch to go into the proper place and be tested as part of the patch it was already scheduled for release in.

This sort of stuff is my job. I obviously don't work for Blizzard, but I don't think their inner workings would be vastly different from our own in this regard. This is pretty industry standard stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Blizzard sure has no issue hotfixing(aka nerf bat) on stuff that didn't need it, but when stuff clutters my screen they just come out with this nonsense.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
12/07/2012 01:39 AMPosted by Icyveìns
Blizzard sure has no issue hotfixing(aka nerf bat) on stuff that didn't need it, but when stuff clutters my screen they just come out with this nonsense.

Hotfixing spells and effects don't require the kind of patching and testing modifications to the UI do. If it was a simple flag set on the server, I'm sure Blizzard would have no problem adding the option to disable it.
Reply Quote
21 Worgen Warlock
how is it that you people are getting killed because of it???
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I Like it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/06/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Crithto
This is being fixed in the next patch.

Was that just totally out of the question of adding that to your first post?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This has to be the most bizarre....absurd and whiny QQ I have yet to see though.

I mean okay fine, if people want to turn it off, sure fine I'm totally for that. It's like the characters spamming "I can't cast that yet". I turn that off I don't like it. If people dont' want to use it that's fine give them the ability to turn it off.

But the people explaining how it's getting them killed and how it just is bad, none of it makes any real sense.

I mean, you were CCed already, you can't do anything. You want a greyed out bar instead of a red bar because the red bar somehow makes it horribly bad and the grey bad was awesome? Semantics.

Pretty sure anybody that says they were being killed in pvp by this feature needs to never que again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm a fairly casual player myself, and I find it handy.

As long as there is an option to disable it for those who don't wish to use it, I see no harm in it.
Reply Quote
61 Pandaren Monk
I think "outraged" is a bit over the top.

I don't find it useful and I find it intrusive. It's not a feature we asked for as far as I'm aware and I don't find it a positive addition to the UI.

I find it to overall be a positive addition to the stock UI. Some things could change (enable/disable bar cooldown as part of the standard options) but overall I think it's fine.

You would be astounded just how much you are unaware of in the big userbase that is Wow players.

You pretty much just said what they were saying, the problem is that those that do not want it do not have the option to disable it.

You would be astounded just how much you are unaware of the actual problem
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
You would be astounded just how much you are unaware of in the big userbase that is Wow players.

I've been on the forums for about 4 or 5 years now, first with the old Wrath forums and then from the debut of the new forums to today. I can honestly, genuinely say that "Please make an obnoxious CC alert part of the normal UI" has never been asked for in any fashion that would qualify it as a worthy addition to the game.

I'd dare say that people asking for a new forum layout has occured more often than people asking for this poorly designed, and highly intrusive "CC alert".
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
12/07/2012 02:37 AMPosted by Kelleigh
This has to be the most bizarre....absurd and whiny QQ I have yet to see though.

People are very particular about their UI set ups. I'm still annoyed that I can't get rid of the "forms" hotbar when I'm demo spec because it messed up where my pet action bar went.
Reply Quote
83 Dwarf Warrior
I'm a fairly casual player myself, and I find it handy.As long as there is an option to disable it for those who don't wish to use it, I see no harm in it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I definitely like the middle of the screen pop-up. It's not as subtle as the old way which is easy to miss in the heat of battle. And I don't mind the red cooldown either. I see the pop-up to which cc I'm and then I see the red bars to see about how fast they're moving to give me an idea about how long I'm in for. I could look at the number under the icon yeah, but I don't want to try to focus on a number that's counting down.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2012 11:25 PMPosted by Tiakatt
For some players the issue may be that the red swirls draw your attention to the things you can't use, the things you can use don't stand out nearly like the things you can't.

Maybe they should add sparkle borders around applicable CC breaks, like certain procs highlight the ability that is enhanced/cooldown reset/etc.
Reply Quote
I'm curious. Why wouldn't you like this addition. The cc pops up..and the only thing that isn't covered with a cooldown timer is probably the one thing that can get you out of that cc or at least let you survive it. so you pop it. What's wrong with that?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]