Trinket Burst Damage Adjustments

90 Blood Elf Priest
It would appear that, with Pandaria, those players with PvP gear are unstoppable when ganking/just having fun at places like Halfhill. There was a human Shadow Priest there ganking yesterday and all he had to do was stay out of the actual market area (a fairly small area) to keep the guards off of him. He spent about an hour filling the place up with skeletons from the market to up beyond the inn. He could even kill those in the market area without retribution from the guards simply by staying to the west on the other side of the road. There was no one there questing in PvP gear and this guy could take down 4 at a time. This single Spriest made doing anything outside the instanced farm area impossible.
I understand and greatly love world PvP but this toon is not geared for it and while I never frown upon the chance encounter "in the wilds" with a geared player I don't think one player, who is so out of balance with PvE geared players should be able to play god and shut down a major daily area all by himself for an hour until he gets tired and leaves. I had a Mindblast hit him for 89k and his health barely moved. Finally about 10 of us stopped him.
Just sayin' and I ain't whining and the "get geared" comeback doesn't work here since everyone can't (and won't) be running around everywhere they go in full Conquest gear. This is a real problem and I think it should be addressed. This used to be a minor problem in Cata in places where PvP geared players would congregate (like Tol Barad Peninsula) but even then it could be handled and the results were never so one-sided and you could still have some fun out of it. Since Pandaria? Not so much.
8 Blood Elf Paladin
It would appear that, with Pandaria, those players with PvP gear are unstoppable when ganking/just having fun at places like Halfhill. There was a human Shadow Priest there ganking yesterday and all he had to do was stay out of the actual market area (a fairly small area) to keep the guards off of him. He spent about an hour filling the place up with skeletons from the market to up beyond the inn. He could even kill those in the market area without retribution from the guards simply by staying to the west on the other side of the road. There was no one there questing in PvP gear and this guy could take down 4 at a time. This single Spriest made doing anything outside the instanced farm area impossible.
I understand and greatly love world PvP but this toon is not geared for it and while I never frown upon the chance encounter "in the wilds" with a geared player I don't think one player, who is so out of balance with PvE geared players should be able to play god and shut down a major daily area all by himself for an hour until he gets tired and leaves. I had a Mindblast hit him for 89k and his health barely moved. Finally about 10 of us stopped him.
Just sayin' and I ain't whining and the "get geared" comeback doesn't work here since everyone can't (and won't) be running around everywhere they go in full Conquest gear. This is a real problem and I think it should be addressed. This used to be a minor problem in Cata in places where PvP geared players would congregate (like Tol Barad Peninsula) but even then it could be handled and the results were never so one-sided and you could still have some fun out of it. Since Pandaria? Not so much.

Why do you play on a PvP server if you don't want to have to fight others that are equal to your level?

PvP servers will be full of people in PvP gear. Blizzard did it on purpose so that if you have no PvP gear you cant kill a PvP'er. If you play on a PvP server and you want a chance to fight, PvE gear won't cut it.

It's not ganking if you are level 90. That is PvP
Edited by Roflpancake on 12/9/2012 5:47 PM PST
90 Human Monk

You shouldn't need 10 people to stop 1 shadow priest (even if it is a shadow priest). 2 good players playing bad classes should be more than enough, or if you play a strong class like a Frost mage or Demo lock you should be able to counter a shadow priest.
100 Orc Warlock
12/09/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Asmita
or if you play a strong class like a Frost mage or Demo lock you should be able to counter a shadow priest.

A demonology warlock is no longer something I'd consider a strong class/spec after the trinket nerf, Chaos Wave nerf and aura nerf. I'd actually be surprised if a Demonology warlock was capable of enough burst to kill an equally geared and half competent shadow priest any more, outside of very lucky crit RNG.
90 Tauren Druid
Im really shocked that they will nerf both healing and DPS Burst... Does blizzard programmers have any logic? What i just read on the Twitter release and MMO Blue post is completely stupid.

Nerf Burst and Heals and you just negated your change. Does programmers you hire have to pass a basic math test?

LAWLZ

GG for destroying your own game.
12/07/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Instead of addressing the strong classes

I just want to point out that this is only one step in a process. We will continue to assess classes and individual abilities and make adjustments as necessary.

You "assess" too slow, and always have.

How many EXPANSIONS does a spec have to wait to be viable? One, two, all? Going one season with glaring skews between specs or even abilities is terrible design in general. Now imagine having to wade through it for multiple seasons, or even worse multiple expansions.

Forget viable, let's just go with wanted on some level so they can enjoy this game in the environment they choose.

The past two months I have seen some of the worst sweeping changes that effect the LESSER specs of this game MUCH more harshly than those at the top. Particularly when those changes were specifically aimed at those out performing everyone, and this change is one of them. I mean, do I have to quote Back to the Future here?

"Think McFly. Think!"

If you knock everyone down a few notches, then the hierarchy of specs and classes remains the exact same. The only differences are that those that relied on trinkets for some sort of footing to make them not completely useless have had that footing more effected that those that didn't.

You guys literally hurt my head with stuff like this. General changes that effect multiple classes and specs, let alone all of them at once almost never fixes anything. If you want want to do a general change, then make the time for DR to reset even longer than it is so players actually have to use their brain. Rather than spam CC and blow things up like they currently do.

You have to look at the specific classes, specs and abilities and do something about those.

You know what changes like this tell me?

Bring the class/spec, not the player. Plain and simple.

Because if you play a spec that actually relied on these trinkets to begin with, you were already not viable and should have walked from that class or spec and rerolled if you really wanted to PvP on any competitive level.
100 Orc Warlock
12/10/2012 05:53 AMPosted by Treefidde
Nerf Burst and Heals and you just negated your change. Does programmers you hire have to pass a basic math test?

No. PvP is about more than total damage and healing done.
100 Draenei Hunter
Hmmm just going by the armory stats, which are quite often full of it. On my trinkets the Use and chance Equip have been nerfed by approx an order of magnitude. I'm not about to waste a keybind on Use granting less than 130 agi lol (oh and the equip is 91). Hope this is an armory screwup, fingers crossed.

If not, then I have to say that the blue who decided on this is an idiot. Divide by 2 or some such thing, ok, but making the use and equip great for lvl 80 doesnt make much sense for lvl 90.

Did you get that blue, IDIOT. I hope I have to apologise for being wrong and not continue wondering about the relative sanity of derps for programmers. I used to fire consultants that errored like that.

PS: people whining about players wearing PVP gear and killing your arses on a PVP server...wtf?? Please xfer to a care bear PVE server and save yourself some grief. Unless I'm in a DUNGeon etc you won't find me in PVE gear.
Edited by Trystysse on 12/11/2012 1:28 AM PST
91 Orc Warrior

You're bad, that's pretty much the end of it.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm okay with a nerf that affects everyone; however, I agree with what most people are saying. If you blanket nerf all classes how does this help with classes who do major burst damage (well over everyone else) even without a trinket? They will still be able to burst stronger than everyone else they'll just be able to do it more often. It is nice that they will no longer be able to use the trinket to basically one shot me but it's not so nice that they'll be able to use the trinket to almost one shot me, then a minute later they can use the trinket again to finish the job.

Either way, I'm just glad that people are no longer crying for a hunter nerf like they were last patch, I am perfectly okay with the changes you made to hunters last patch and I am glad to see that everyone else is too, now lets just fix mages and warriors so people (myself included) will be happy with them as well.
Edited by Astrïd on 12/11/2012 11:15 AM PST
90 Human Death Knight
Seems like a finger in the dike approach to the high burst of some classes. Time to see if I can still get a warrior past second wind whenever server comes up.
90 Human Warrior
Lol, PvP is a bit ridiculous at the moment. CC seems extremely strong right now, then adding the insane burst on top of that...something almost always dies in the first minute, hence all the burst comps. This will definitely help slow things down a bit. I don't mind this exchange at all; a little less burst and maintaining the strong CC currently.

I guess people are just mad because you actually have to skillfully execute and coordinate kills more than before where you could just blow all CD's and just wreck someone's face lol.
90 Human Mage
I find it funny that everyone complains about frost bomb. Is an interruptable cast and a dispellable debuff really that op? If frost bomb does so much dmg learn to interrupt it or have your healer dispell it. Same with chaos bolt... if you don't let the lock cast it he can't global you with it.
100 Undead Warlock
12/06/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Kaikoraimi
the tooltips on those are still incorrect.

Please note that due to limitations in hotfix technology, the item tooltips and buffs will still incorrectly display the original stat value of 5105.
That must've been embarrassing. But happy someone called you out on it, too many people in society today comment on something without fully reading or understanding it first, way to perpetuate the cycle.

I am for this change. I'd like to point something out, granted my sample size on this is small, but still interesting.... in the first few pages of this post, I looked up the pvp stats of 8 people who hate this change, and 3 people who liked it (i would've done more than 3 but not many people are on board with this it seems). 7 out of 8 of the people who hate it have never gotten close to 2k rating, and 3 out of 3 of the people who liked it were all 2k or higher at some point. Interesting....
90 Undead Monk
Malevolent Gladiator's Insignia of Conquest etc The way to go? if your on horde?
2 Night Elf Rogue
I really hate seeing this not only because of the classes
that have high, passive health regen coupled with high
dps capabilities but also because of any encounter that
takes 3-4 players to down (if they can). This creates an
unfair advantage for some classes to defend bases b/c
they can last FOREVER even against multiple players
preventing anyone from capping flag. They are not
really wearing cloth, sorry but it has to be said, the
mitigation has taken some classes from glass cannon
to imbalanced.

So, yeah dps wants to dps under the circumstances
we are confronted with.

If everyone has the opportunity to acquire the same trinks
then what is the real problem here?
Edited by Ainself on 12/11/2012 8:52 PM PST
90 Human Warlock
Good change.

Keep working on it...have a long way to go!
100 Undead Rogue
8 years... and you can't get it right.

This isn't a point in the right direction, it's a off the wall BS fix that you threw in the mix.. It's the class/spec that is the main issue and if pretty much all your players who PVP can see it and you can't then there is a BIG issue.

Pull your heads out of that dark place you're hiding it and fix the real issues with burst damage on THOSE class/specs instead of nerfing everyone so they can't beat things like warrior 2nd wind or enough burst to break a shield/bubble anymore.

I loved playing my warrior until MOP, now literally the only thing I have to do to beat people is kite them. Oh i'm dying? Heroic leap away and LOL2NDWIND, stun, dps. repeat. It's seriously the easiest thing ever to stay alive as a warrior. I play this rogue and I have to build up CP points (so I have to be out of stealth and in which you get complete crapped on by everything in the game including other rogues) to get a heal from recoup that doesn't heal anywhere near what 2nd wind can do.... which is a passive. No buttons to click, no need to worry, just kite and win. Resto druids can burst better than a rogue atm - you don't see an issue there with a healing class being able to burst more than an entire dps class? You don't see an issue with ANY of that? This isn't including your chaos bolts/frost bomb problems that you're ignoring that people have been posting to death about having problems with.

The sad thing is I read a lot of forums and see the exact same things posted all over it. Any blues care to tell us where you get your information from? It's not the player, evidently. I understand players would want their classes buffed and nobody wants to see them nerfed blah blah blah..... so you don't really care what we say in the long run on these forums, but i'm curious of how your testings go about to let such insanely op moves such as 2nd "win" in the game compared to the bs you give other classes. A few people telling you something is wrong I can understand but when it's the ----majority---- of players telling you over and over and over and over that there is an issue.... Maybe it's time to actually address it and figure out why they're saying it.... This patch was supposed to be about balance.

Look at your PVP stats - there is a reason the current played are so high... When there are issues like these that haven't been hotfixed or anything from blues other than a nerf to every class that wasn't the problem at all but actually just hurts struggling classes even more is like a slap in the face. It's really discouraging playing this BS every single day and hoping for some bit of light on fixes that are the actual problem and seeing things like this... PVE is fun, PVP is bad....

Honestly, I actually feel bad for the blues having to be so positive about everything and keeping real opinions to yourselves because i'm sure you guys see the problems in things too... Like the joke going around "5.x will fix it"... I rather just get some hot fixes in on some of these certain abilities before then to make the game PVP wise a little more enjoyable and ---balanced---
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]