Trinket Burst Damage Adjustments

90 Dwarf Hunter
Well, as its been stated this does NOT deal with the problem. All it means is that warriors will stunn lock people, (much like rogues did) and then finish them off a second or two after rhe stuns end. BUT! It's not warriors and we all know it. Rets will still 3 shot people, Warlocks will still have 200,000+ Chaos bolts and mages will always have stupid damage and control.

A trinket nerf? This will fix nothing.
100 Tauren Warrior
Why are warriors not able to kill anything make them better...lol
100 Tauren Warrior
And nerf lock mages and ret pally ret pally kill me be4 there stun is over and rogues they just stun me get me to half health and then the stun ends and right after that its just another stun to finish me off im really getting mad
90 Tauren Warrior
12/07/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Instead of addressing the strong classes

I just want to point out that this is only one step in a process. We will continue to assess classes and individual abilities and make adjustments as necessary.
Why are you posting this garbage instead of addressing more serious issues like the gearing issue? There are multiple posts with extremely useful information. Get it together dude, wtf is going on with the gear issue? I have been waiting and waiting to gear out my alt like everyone else in the forums....
90 Night Elf Rogue
On class mechanics:
ya know .. trinket burst might not be so bad if you could use your skills.. cc is op.. so many classes can vanish from combat (fade, vanish invis etc..), as well as instant relocate (shadowstep, heroic leap, port, blink, disengage, etc..) and cc for long periods of time . the burst is only bad when you just watch..how many have had this happen in bgs? (1 ex: horrify>fear>fear>blind>sap > kidneys shot>refear>etc..the uptime on a chain like this is nuts..and theres nothing u can do when yer trink has a 2 min cd AND you can be killed in 14 sec). time to go back to basics guys. sometimes on long projects like wow or like what happened with windows theres too much passed around and things need to be refreshed.. windows xp is a perfect example.. too many patches.. too much overlap
The Solution:
take everything away from everyone and rethink the whole kit-n-kaboodle. giving a mechanic a differant name doesn't fool us.. preist fade now leaves a decoy.. sooo.. your a ranged rogue with fears and heals.. blind. 1.5 min cd lasts 8 sec.. fear.. 30 sec cd lasts 8 sec.. nuff said both have a vanish, both can disarm..
To be clear:
im not a rogue asking for more.. im asking for less. to redefine class abilities to better suit the classes original intent.
On class mechanics:
ya know .. trinket burst might not be so bad if you could use your skills.. cc is op.. so many classes can vanish from combat (fade, vanish invis etc..), as well as instant relocate (shadowstep, heroic leap, port, blink, disengage, etc..) and cc for long periods of time . the burst is only bad when you just watch..how many have had this happen in bgs? (1 ex: horrify>fear>fear>blind>sap > kidneys shot>refear>etc..the uptime on a chain like this is nuts..and theres nothing u can do when yer trink has a 2 min cd AND you can be killed in 14 sec). time to go back to basics guys. sometimes on long projects like wow or like what happened with windows theres too much passed around and things need to be refreshed.. windows xp is a perfect example.. too many patches.. too much overlap
The Solution:
take everything away from everyone and rethink the whole kit-n-kaboodle. giving a mechanic a differant name doesn't fool us.. preist fade now leaves a decoy.. sooo.. your a ranged rogue with fears and heals.. blind. 1.5 min cd lasts 8 sec.. fear.. 30 sec cd lasts 8 sec.. nuff said both have a vanish, both can disarm..
To be clear:
im not a rogue asking for more.. im asking for less. to redefine class abilities to better suit the classes original intent.

Im pretty sure control WAS the rogues thing.

Kidney shot used to be the end all of melee stuns. Now every class has an instant, free, damaging version of the stun on a shorter CD.

People complained about rogue stuns, so blizzard nerfed rogues and then gave every other class the rogue toolkit, on steroids.

Free instant CC that doesnt break on damage? I dont even think that term applies to rogues anymore. Thats what? A blind with the dirty tricks talent? and even then, thats just poison damage. lol.

EDIT: CHEAPSHOT! But imho "requires stealth" is a cost. But you get the point.
Edited by Stunshine on 1/2/2013 11:03 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
Burst still too high, healing somewhat more reasonable. Ridiculous cooldowns being stacked the main issue.
70 Undead Hunter
01/02/2013 08:53 PMPosted by Xobonar
Uhm.... can you fix the CC and Stuns yet ????
100 Night Elf Druid
Some ideas: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415515906

01/03/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Çhrïs
Uhm.... can you fix the CC and Stuns yet ????

Agree. The best is when a Warrior on my team is complaining about being stunned so much.
90 Human Mage
to much healing? do you even have a healer? my holy priest can't keep up with damage being done to people,their life goes from 100% to 0% before i can even react,then again i have worst healing spec thanks to blizz
90 Human Mage
to much healing? do you even have a healer? my holy priest can't keep up with damage being done to people,their life goes from 100% to 0% before i can even react,then again i have worst healing spec thanks to blizz
90 Human Mage
01/12/2013 09:58 PMPosted by Claymoreone
then again i have worst healing spec thanks to blizz

Holy isnt a PvP spec. That's kind of like if i complained about Arcane mage not being viable, or a Combat rogue complaining about the same thing. Now shh and play Disc like a big boy.
90 Gnome Mage
Clearly the issue is not the trinket. It's avatar+recklessness+trinket+banner that's giving people problems. Slightly nerfing the burst of the trinket, arguably the least effective damage booster in that CD stack (depending on upgrade, dread or mal etc), will not help
I think you should buff resilience besides nerfing trinkets.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm coming for you Mavis Harms, I want that Kor'kron Book of Hurting!
90 Human Rogue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heOXQ5h6y4s
100 Human Hunter
Why
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]