Trinket Burst Damage Adjustments

90 Pandaren Monk
Great, now cut all player damage in half, cut the damage of moves like chaos bolt even more, and do something about the CC (something more than trinkets) and pvp will be tolorable.
90 Troll Warrior
I thought the introduction of your pvp stats were put in place so that you wouldn't have to change PvE, or PvE items, for PVP reasons.

When is this actually going to be true?

Rather than nerf PvE items, what about restricting them so they can't be used in arena and rated battlegrounds?

They aren't nerfing PvE items. They're nerfing PvP items.
90 Tauren Paladin
12/06/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Neckchewer
I approve of this.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
"Trinket burst has made PvP unbalance and unfun."

"Human racial gives them an extra PvP trinket, but that is completely balanced and fun."

Makes perfect sense.

This argument made more sense before PVP trinkets became the go to for pvp but always misses the point.

Orc and Troll for example are equivalent to the on demand from a trinket just as the human racial gives an on demand trinket use. As far as I am aware if you are looking at it from a burst perspective the Orc racial is actually more powerful as most on use trinkets cannot be used at the same time but can be used with a racial.

You can argue that on demand racials are superior to static racials but that surely is a seperate discussion and human is not clearly superior except in a world where PVE trinkets are superior to PVP trinkets as humans would then be able to use 2 PVE trinkets.
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm just glad we're getting some pvp changes that don't nerf pve playability.
90 Draenei Paladin
12/06/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Rulong
Great, now cut all player damage in half, cut the damage of moves like chaos bolt even more, and do something about the CC (something more than trinkets) and pvp will be tolorable.

This
90 Draenei Shaman
12/06/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Rulong

cut damage in half?

is this a joke?
90 Troll Priest
Does this buff frost mages, because now they can dps trinket almost every time they deep?
90 Night Elf Druid
Excellent change. Burst damage really was too high and I'm not entirely sure these changes will be enough (particularly for some hard hitting abilities like Frost Bomb and Obliterate) but it's certainly a step in the right direction. Hopefully battles slow down a bit more without health bars going 100% - 0% with no time to react. :)
90 Troll Warrior
FYI, Ghostcrawler said Frost Bomb is on the watch list:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/276868207124553728
Yeah, also on the list. Risk might be that Frost Bomb never does damage.
90 Goblin Shaman
Thats an ok change but why wouldn't you add more resilience?
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Too much damage? TOO MUCH HEALING IN PVP!
90 Gnome Rogue
But it was only a few specific classes who were over the top. This hurts everyone :(.
90 Blood Elf Priest
So the forums are as dead at the moment as the victims of burst damage :)

I wish they'd also just adjust the difference between Dreadful and Malevolent Gladiator gear. A full 25 ilevels difference (458 to 483) is huge for anyone breaking into PvP on a new char or alt.
90 Undead Monk
So a few class ahve 1-2 ability that deal monstrous damage and the "solution" is to nerf clicky trinket that will nerf even balanced class and still won't bring down enought he real OP skill ?
90 Human Warlock
After reviewing the data and player feedback, we remain concerned that on-demand burst damage remains too high in PvP. After investigation, we determined that the on-use PvP trinkets are a major contributor to extremely high burst output.
. . . The overall damage provided by these trinkets should not be affected; only the burst they are capable of providing.

Then why did you HOTFIX NERF classes when you think that this is the issue?

Now you don't know what affected those classes, the hotfix or the nerf.
Edited by Keelon on 12/6/2012 7:24 PM PST
90 Undead Rogue
Uhhhhhh, there is too much burst but there is still the blanket 15% healing debuff?

Remove the debuff like you guys said you would.

Healing is too strong too, they need to buff the resil on PvP weps because they increased the PvP Power on them.
90 Undead Rogue
if everyone's damage was out of control, i would see this as a good change. but since most classes that aren't warrior and mage, rely on their cds to actually manage a kill, this sucks.
90 Troll Warrior
So the forums are as dead at the moment as the victims of burst damage :)

I wish they'd also just adjust the difference between Dreadful and Malevolent Gladiator gear. A full 25 ilevels difference (458 to 483) is huge for anyone breaking into PvP on a new char or alt.

458 to 491 really (33 ilevels), with upgrades. The gap between Honor and Conquest gear is immense...
90 Human Rogue
Great, now healing will be even more OP and so will Mages.

Now a mage can burst consistantly with a trinket EVERYTIME. gg
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]