Trinket Burst Damage Adjustments

90 Orc Shaman
This is a definite step in the right direction to limiting the insane burst damage that is available to most classes right now.

Thank you.
90 Dwarf Shaman
You can upgrade honor gear as well
100 Human Paladin
12/06/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Rottingsr
Will these trinkets still share cd with engineering tinkers after the hotfix?

Really looking for an answer here. Not being able to stack engi trinket with two minute cooldown trinket makes sense, but since it's a 1 minute cooldown being asked to micro the synapse springs with the on use trinket is kind of arduous?

edit: Regarding the actual change, I think this really hurts classes and specs whose only trick is burst. Sure, spriests, mages, ferals, warriors, and enhance shaman might be doing insane levels of burst with on use trinkets, but what about ele shaman, ret, DK's, and everyone else? Our only real chance of a kill is high burst during a CC. Mages, warriors, and spriests are still going to have their massive amounts of control, but what am I left with as a ret paladin? Nerfed offheals, mediocre burst, and truly non-threatening sustained damage. I really wish you guys would address the classes and specs that are too good instead of these blanket fixes that have significant ramifications on other specs that may be completely unintended.
Edited by Wutangrza on 12/6/2012 7:43 PM PST
100 Troll Shaman
Although this is a good change, as an ele sham i rely on this trink specifically for burst... for other classes this makes sense... but for me, really burst is the only thing we got, absolutely no survivability anymore. Thanks.

I think there are more specific issues to be fixed, spell damage itself should be tuned down. The amount of cc seems like alot, but i think it would be apropriate if peoples damage was more sustained than just burst. But still, as ele sham, even if these changes were to occur, we still need a little more survivability or cc or something.

EDIT: But yeah, thank you for this nerf, it's a step in the right direction.
Edited by Aztecshroom on 12/6/2012 7:40 PM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Bewsta
what about restricting them so they can't be used in arena and rated battlegrounds?

This.

Simple, quick, and dirty. Quit drowning in a glass of water. There is no need for so much thought and time to be wasted trying to fix this issue when the solution is so obvious: restrict the use of PvE gear in rated PvP and restrict the use of PvP gear in Normal and higher difficulty PvE raids.
90 Orc Rogue
Yet humans still get 1k extra pvp power :(
100 Troll Shaman
12/06/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Claw
what about restricting them so they can't be used in arena and rated battlegrounds?

This.

Simple, quick, and dirty. Quit drowning in a glass of water. There is no need for so much thought and time to be wasted trying to fix this issue when the solution is so obvious: restrict the use of PvE gear in rated PvP and restrict the use of PvP gear in Normal and higher difficulty PvE raids.

This is not an issue with pvp gear used in pve and pve gear in pvp, these are PVP trinkets, bought with honor or CP from the pvp vendor, the last two are drops i think but it increases PVP Power. This is specifically a PVP Problem.
90 Human Warlock
I am glad to see you are at least reading our feedback and that you are making minimal efforts to fix PvP Balance. I must be honest though, of all the changes you could have done to balance it, you did the most insignificant of them. What really needs to be nerfed is critical hit damage, not damage itself. Need to add crit damage reduction to resilience and thats how you mitigate the "BROKEN" burst.

This trinket *nerf* only benefits frost mages and ruins classes like warlocks that require long setup and 2 minute cooldown on their main damage cooldown. What is a demo lock going to do popping a trinket before time? Constant dps? LOL.

Anyway, my point is this change is too small to even fix things. If anything, they just made mage burst more constant and more powerful.
90 Troll Hunter
Human racial just got that much more valuable
90 Undead Warlock
what they meant is "we're not gonna nerf out of hand bursty classes, we're just gonna nerf everyone and see what happen"
100 Undead Rogue
-It's not the trinket, it's the specs-

Forums were messing up and double posted, but I think this will make it clear what I meant.
Edited by Sneaknaround on 12/6/2012 8:07 PM PST
100 Troll Shaman
This is so stupid... It's not the trinket, it's the specs.

Once again ---IT'S NOT THE TRINKET, IT'S THE SPECS--- review that, Blizz.

Agree, but at least it's a step in the right direction, hopefully they realise burst is still out of control and rework some things. I think it's just alot of work that needs to be done, and they kindof realise it, but don't wanna redo all the work.
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/06/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Kaikoraimi
the tooltips on those are still incorrect.

Please note that due to limitations in hotfix technology, the item tooltips and buffs will still incorrectly display the original stat value of 5105.
Some people simply cannot read/comprehend. What they are doing on the Internet, I have no clue.
90 Human Hunter
fix frost bomb please.
90 Night Elf Rogue
I would have thought the Blizzard would have a better grasp of how to tweak game mechanics after 8+ years of game mechanics management. The abilities need tweaking not trinkets. If you properly scale abilities and attributes then trinkets would fall in line as well. You are messing with the frosting when the cake itself needs to be fixed. How hard is it to have a algorithm for survivability to damage ratio and work within it? Obviously there is some difficulty in this as we want each class and spec to have it's own feel but it still comes down to math.
90 Gnome Rogue

We are aware of the possibility that certain PvE trinkets could become more attractive for PvP in the wake of these hotfixes. While that is somewhat unlikely given that adopting those items would represent a significant loss of PvP Power and Resilience, we will nonetheless keep a close eye on the situation and make adjustments to the appropriate items if necessary.

Why do you guys always have to nerf PVE in the name of PVP? Are trinkets currently over powered in PVE? If not then wouldn't nerfing them in the name of PVP make them under powered in PVE?

Here's a novel idea. Require PVP gear while in battlegrounds and/or arenas. You've made entry level PVP gear relatively cheap and easy to get. Require it. Make it so that when you queue for PVP any PVE gear is automatically removed and returned to the player's inventory.
90 Troll Priest
I'm pleased to see you're working towards this matter, BUT...

This will fix the problem and create others at the same time: classes with way-too-high damage will be slightly nerfed and also classes which currently have low outputs.

Can't you just start fixing damage on specific spells?
90 Gnome Rogue
I don't disagree with this choice.

However, I've spent much conquest both to obtain and to upgrade my trinket. I'm sure many other players have as well.

I'm guessing we're SOL if this change would make other trinkets more attractive for us?

lol that's right. So now you have people spending conquest points to upgrade items and then Blizzard comes around and nerfs them back again. Grats on the completely wasted Conquest points. Thank you come again.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]