Trinket Burst Damage Adjustments

100% Agree with this, glad to see this being done.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I really appreciate that the developers acknowledge that burst damage is out of control, but blanket nerfing EVERYONE is the wrong way to go about it.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Whaaaaaaaaat
NO BLIZZ
BLIZZ STAHP

Thas just awful, how can i use my eng gloves enchant now? both on 1min cd, please dont change this.
90 Orc Shaman
This change will hurt everyone but the ones needing nerfs, because their dmg will be still high enough.

The dmg needs to get lower and so do the healing, to make arenas interesting.
90 Pandaren Rogue
Nice buff for frost mages, and a well thought out change......

Seriously blizz, this is not going to fix anything, All you accomplished was to give frost mages even more pressure during a deep. The real problem is over the top cc coupled with burst.

You say we just notice cc more with your new loss of control feature, but most of us have been using the Lose Control addon for a while now. The issue is the amount of burst that can be dished out during any given 4-8 second cc with cds alone, excluding use of the trinkets.
85 Goblin Priest
Nice buff for frost mages, and a well thought out change......

Seriously blizz, this is not going to fix anything, All you accomplished was to give frost mages even more pressure during a deep. The real problem is over the top cc coupled with burst.

You say we just notice cc more with your new loss of control feature, but most of us have been using the Lose Control addon for a while now. The issue is the amount of burst that can be dished out during any given 4-8 second cc with cds alone, excluding use of the trinkets.

This part of the "nerf" is sort of disgusting.
90 Undead Priest
Still humans can wear both trinkets. it needs a nerf or something to compensate the horde side, there is no way to say that it's fair that a racial can substitute a must have item
90 Human Rogue
Just another move that shows how out of touch this dev team is with player feedback.

This hurts classes that did not need it.

This will do very little to address the real problem specs.. in fact it might make Frost Mages (#1 class needing nerf) even worse. hint: Nerf frost bomb for the love of god. Then nerf war dmg.

Once you nerf those things that actually need it then you can focus on finding a way to reduce how long players are spending in cc. AoE cc is driving me crazy this exp.
19 Goblin Shaman
i agree that burst is too high. good to see you know it.
i disagree with blanket nerfing EVERYONE. ans it doesn't change anything.... the insane high bursters will still be insane high bursters and those already struggling with "burst" (monks) will have even less ><

"Trinket burst has made PvP unbalance and unfun."

"Human racial gives them an extra PvP trinket, but that is completely balanced and fun."

Makes perfect sense.

this is my great issue with this change. the main burst offenders are all humans using dual dps trinkets ><
but heavens forbid should they finally remove that stupid OP racial. lets just nerf everyone's trinkets instead ;/

do we get refunds on the trinks if pve options become more desired? :(

12/07/2012 04:11 AMPosted by Rhyck
Still humans can wear both trinkets. it needs a nerf or something to compensate the horde side, there is no way to say that it's fair that a racial can substitute a must have item

they should just give EVERYONE a base pvp trinket skill in our spell books like EMFH to even out the playing field and not make 1 trinket slot for everyone but humans be a mandatory pvp medallion or remove EMFH.
Edited by Kolan on 12/7/2012 5:11 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
12/06/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Daxxarri
After reviewing the data and player feedback, we remain concerned that on-demand burst damage remains too high in PvP. After investigation, we determined that the on-use PvP trinkets are a major contributor to extremely high burst output. As a consequence, in the near future we will be applying hotfixes to smooth out the damage provided by these PvP trinkets. In the case of the Gladiator's Badges this means cutting the amount of primary stat or PvP Power provided, but also cutting their cooldown in half.

Are PvP trinkets providing extra burst? Yeah of course, but is the percentage difference really that much when compared to, for example, the Season 9 stats on those same trinkets? Meaning main stat count on the trinket use versus total the character passively has in stats at level 85 compared to 90... If so, then why?

I know its hard to compensate given the addition of PvP Power, but you could even compare what was being seen when 4.0 went live at 85, but I was trying to not use the skew presented between gear from the beginning of an expansion versus the end of another.

Asides from all that though, the only thing you have definitively done here, is taken dps specs that had lower burst compared to everyone else, and are then viewed as ineffective and non-desirable, and knocked them down even further. If they were not truly effective to begin with, they will be even less so than before after a global sweeping generic change that doesn't look more specifically into the problem here. In addition to that, this will effectively push the gap between healing output of a healer and dps output of a damage dealer ever further apart. In essence boosting healing through collateral damage to trinket nerfs.

Maybe try looking at these ridiculous specs and classes that are literally nuking everyone and adjust their numbers..... That might help without globally pushing down those that are already at the bottom of the pile and suffer for it.

Please stop trying to go for the easy fix.

Edit: I apologize because I do not want to sound mean, but you guys have got to stop the collateral damage changes that inevitably effect those more harshly at the bottom of the ladder more than those at the top.
Edited by Mohawk on 12/7/2012 6:46 AM PST
90 Goblin Priest

It is also possible that it could become too difficult to land reasonably consistent kills in PvP. If that proves to be the case, then we currently plan to increase the effects of the Battle Fatigue healing debuff to compensate, which is an adjustment that we’ve been considering for some time. On the other hand, if burst damage remains too high after these changes, we are prepared to take additional steps as needed.

There's a problem with on demand burst damage, so we'll nerf healers?

Also, I find it really interesting that there is no comment from the devs regarding the human racial, which allows humans to run with 2 dps trinkets. Check out worldofwargraphs.com and look at the top ally players. Every single one of them who can be human is. This is the top 100 pvpers in the world. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. The dwarves and night elves you see are classes which can't be played as a human.

It's not a coincidence. Obviously it's not impossible to change racials (you did it to the Undead recently, and you nerfed the hell out of taurens so that their health buff is a joke). Claiming to fix items and nerf trinkets doesn't address the issues related to an overpowered racial given to humans is a bit disingenuous.
90 Goblin Priest

they should just give EVERYONE a base pvp trinket skill in our spell books like EMFH to even out the playing field and not make 1 trinket slot for everyone but humans be a mandatory pvp medallion or remove EMFH.

Agreed a MILLION times. You don't even have to do that, so much as just balance the EMFH ability like Will of the Forsaken. WotF only breaks charm, fear and sleep. You have to decide if you're going to use it or not, since it won't break a stun or a polymorph type effect.
90 Undead Priest
This feels like a George W. solution.

a) We have a problem.

b) Problem is Y.

c) Great, let's go fix Z.

There is no possible way the game designers believed that a blanket nerf to trinkets is a good solution. It just doesn't make any kind of sense.

Why not just reduce the dmg output of a few specs, or realign their mechanics so they don't have an IWIN button?

So I wondered if this was really a nerf to pvp trinkets that are being used in pve, and Blizz just didn't want to be honest about it. But the cooldowns have been halved as well, so that wouldn't make sense either, right?

But if you are sitting around the board table, and have the option of either changing a few spec mechanics to eliminate the crazy burst, or a blanket nerf to the trinkets, why would you choose the trinket nerf?

The cynic in me is saying that the devs enjoy playing warriors and frost mages.
90 Night Elf Warrior
I knew the trinket was OverPowered at the point of sale! THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT IT!
+50% AP trinket! *EVIL LAUGH*! I knew this day would come. Little did I know it would be two days after my purchase. I had a good run. I noticed a massive difference in damage while this trinket was active. I honestly don't think this change is going to hinder my warrior in any way. Sometimes I run out of cooldowns anyways.
90 Undead Warlock
While the intentions are good (arena right now is pretty much about who can "swifty" the other team first), this is a pretty poor implementation. How can you reconcile this change with the fact that the level of burst in arena is only attributable to 2 or 3 specs (frost mages, arms warriors namely) given that this change affects EVERYONE in the ladder, not just the god two?
61 Tauren Death Knight
You nerf burst but dont adjust sustained DPS ..... oh boy .. i am glad you reduced max time you can stay in arena because we will be there forever now.

Not to mention this will add overall pressure to classes with short CDs while "breaking" classes with longer CDs.

I am amazed .. i never saw such a sloppy nerf before.
90 Undead Rogue
Please Blues, let us know where you got your feedback from.... because it seems your official forums feedback is different and makes more sense.

I'd love to visit the place where you go where these players opinions matter more than the players who throw you this 15$ a month and come to the official forums trying to help with your issues.

Some of us play this game every single day, we understand a problem when we see one.... yeah sometimes it's just from being annoyed and a little QQ, but when you have the -majority- of people for months telling you that certain spells with certain classes are broken and out of hand and nothing goes fixed then their is a big issue with this player/dev feedback you're talking about.

It really just boggles my mind seeing this post... I feel like it's the laziest way to attempt to balance the game. You don't want to spend the time to fix the REAL issues, so you're just saying "eeeh.... let's just nerf them all". If I were you I wouldn't even worry about the PVE trinkets being more powerful than the PVP trinkets, i'd be worrying about the players (you know... the ones who feedback you go ignoring over and over) leaving your game, at least the PVP aspect of it.
Edited by Sneaknaround on 12/7/2012 6:30 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]