Looking to make a new class

1 Human Rogue
Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet? I think the pets are a cool edition but I don't need them.

Are you partial to cloth wearers or do you want a little more bulk in your armor? I personally like all of the armor (plate is the least favorite though.

What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. WoW might have a rough equivalent for you! I have played scouts before. Mainly melee classes.

Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells? I would like to be able to heal myself, healing others is optional.

Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces? Well in other games I have loved to be in the face but I also like to be ranged. I heard from a friend that it is better to mouse turn as a melee in this game and I am not too sure I would like to mouse turn, as I have used keyboard steering for about 10 years in computer games. That's why I am leaning towards ranged because he said it's not nearly as mandatory for ranged.

Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat? I don't care, I guess I would like to ambush my prey.

Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe? Watching over them.

Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? If you're doing it with a friend, what are they planning to level, or have they not decided yet? I will be leveling by myself

Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you? Have you tried any classes already? Hunters, Shamans, Monks, Druids, and Priests all sound cool.

Are you interested in the lore or story of Warcraft? Some classes have a lot of easily-absorbed lore while others are a little "less detailed" in their history. Not too caring on the lore.

Interested in roleplaying at all? This goes with the previous question, but some races/classes are easier to roleplay as a newbie than others (with lots of history to adhere to). I will occasionally roleplay.

Do any of the races stick out to you as being attractive? Not every race can be every class, so if you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down. I personally love (in this order) Pandaren > Undead > Tauren > Trolls > Everything else.

I don't know if this matters or not but I will be PvPing and soloing content when I hit level cap. I also LOVE to be mobile (like not being in one spot for too long), it keeps things interesting for me. That's why I was thinking about monk because they are melee and so they don't cast but I am not too sure because I heard hunters can cast on the run. I heard that priests can somewhat do that, same with shaman and druids.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I think a Warlock or Hunter might suit you

My Rationale:

1) Lock: You think pets are a cool addition but you don't need them. Warlocks can sacrifice their pets, through talents for additional damage rendering you pet-less. While soloing you can summon a personal "tank" to absorb damage for you while you nuke it from range. This grants you flexibility here.

Hunter: Has pets, always - marksman and BM rely less on them.

2) Lock: I cant rationale Warlock on this response. However, warlocks can provide you more than enough of the "lone ranger" feel

Hunter: the closest thing wow has to a Ranger - or scout.

3) Locks: have a neat toolkit for healing themselves by draining the life of their enemies. And providing healthstones to allies so they can heal themselves. Great for solo-play.

Hunter: nothing I can say here for heals. Perhaps an experienced hunter can fill me in here.

4) Locks: In PVE solo play with your summoned voidwalker (tank) you wont really have to move much at all so turning might not be an issue. You're pretty much stationary in that respect. If you do have to move Warlocks are more than capable of doing so as with a certain talent they can cast on the move.

Hunters: The same boat as the warlock on this one, hunters can shoot while moving as well regardless of talent choice.

5) Locks: I cant say locks are the masters of ambushing; though I don't PVP I have found myself doing it in the past - it sucks hardcore when you get a surprise attack from a warlock.

Hunters: Later on in the game Hunters can camouflage themselves and lie and wait - I suppose this might be what you're looking for here.

6) Locks: you did not mention Warlocks; however, I would suggest you take a look at them - they have 3 very different playstyles you can use and each may surprise you.

Hunters: You think they're cool! yay!

7) Both: You don't care about lore here. Moving on.

8) Locks: Rollplaying as a lock could be interesting, *caution* you may find yourself becoming a little sadistic in which case I encourage roll-play in your head if anyone else is around you.

Hunters: People used to roll this class as an elf of some sort to roleplay as legolas. Roleplay potential for hunter is pretty decent considering the speed you can fling arrows out of your bow. Use your imagination.

9) Locks: Pandas cant be warlocks im afraid. Undead can.

Hunters: Pandas can be hunters and everything else you listed.

So now I've narrowed it down to 2 for you. Consider a Warlock; but, ultimately since it didn't catch your eye at first you may want to go with your gut and go hunter. In the right hands both can be very potent. A thing about Hunters is that they can chose their pets from a variety of beasts wandering out in the world.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'd suggest a warlock, just because hunter pets have added complexity. Either works, though.

One thing that you should know. Eating heals you, everybody can buy food, and everybody can learn how to cook. Bandages heal you, and everybody can learn how to make them. Neither is a good choice in combat, but they're both solid to heal up between battles. So don't feel that you need a dedicated healing class ability.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Zyrteck
I will be PvPing

You'll want to learn to turn with the mouse then while you're leveling, should have plenty of time to practice W for forward, and using the right mouse button to change which direction you're facing.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Hunter
Hunter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MJMngLNVRbM
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]