New build mother board NIC issue

90 Blood Elf Priest
I did a budget build for a friend and used an MSI B75MA-E33 as the motherboard with windows 8. We had problems with the NIC in the motherboard working properly. It would cause his SMC8014WG gateway to keep resetting. I flashed the bios the mobo to 7808v12 which is the latest and updated the NIC driver to realtek 8.3.730.2012. It was still having the same issue. I took the computer to my house and it had no problem with my cisco dpc3825 gateway and worked just fine. He took his computer home and it just worked with his SMC gateway. Now 3 days later, windows 8 did an automatic update and he is having the same problem. Any ideas? Possible shortting issue?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
First and simplest step, change the cable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You already isolated the problem. I'd say a configuration problem with his gateway is causing this. Consider doing a factory reset on the gateway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]