Mobile Armory 5.2

100 Draenei Mage
I just updated the iPhone app to the latest one.
The iphone5 resolution support is great, thanks!

Just some report, the 3D character view is still blocky low res non retina, this used to be great like up until pandaria went up then everything goes low res.

Yes i know this is new feature but I think item upgrade level and corresponding rise in ilvl is still not shown yet.

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Kiria
Just some report, the 3D character view is still blocky low res non retina, this used to be great like up until pandaria went up then everything goes low res.

I was hoping iPhone 5 support would fix this. Having your character model in low res is marring what is otherwise a fantastic feature.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
I just checked this on several iPhone 5s and it looks MUCH better than it did before our iPhone 5 updates. It's not going to look exactly like it does in-game, that's not a realistic expectation, considering the sheer size of the 3D model assets and our intent to keep the file size of the app low.

If we baked this data into the app *maybe* we could display higher resolution 3D models, but the size of the app would be ridiculously large, considering the number of item models we have in the game, all of which are tailored to fit on 26 different race/sex combinations.

Right now the size of the 3D models are just right for downloading the assets while connected through a cellular network.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
But what we requested is not a new feature.

Back on version 3 when iphone4 first came out the higher res models are already there.
Up to app version 3.3.0 its working fine.

The models broke when 5.0.0 came out.

I don't think app size has any effect maybe the texture is not in the app? Coz if I remember the armory 3.+ with the high res models has a smaller size than the current version 5.x
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]