10 Day Trial

(Locked)

90 Dwarf Warrior
I recently got the 10 day Trial for Mists of Pandaria. Does this mean I can travel to Pandaria and what is the best way to get there? I am now in Cataclysm. Thanks.
I'm definitely not the expert on this forum on the 10-day trials so hopefully one of those people will log a response for you... but as a full-fledged player I think you have to be level 85 before the quest will pop to take you to the new Pandaria regions.

Without being level 85, you might get a mage port to the Alliance city there, Shrine of Seven Stars, or get a warlock to summon you there. However, there may not be any NPCs for you to interact with and the mobs outside the city will nom you for breakfast - if they are in phase with you (seems like lots of phased content in that region).

Otherwise, level to 85 and you will get a quest when you enter Stormwind. I've only done it Horde-side, but I imagine it's similar. You'll be tasked with talking to someone important, like Varian, and then given passage on a vessel to the new land.
100 Worgen Mage
12/06/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Bordog
Does this mean I can travel to Pandaria

For those 10 days, yes, plus do anything else that's only available with MoP, such as make a monk, train beyond Illustrious level for professions, and level beyond 85 -- however, you'll stop one point shy of 86, and when the trial ends, the monk will be unavailable and you won't be able to learn new profession recipes. Should still be able to access places in Pandaria that you've unlocked though.
100 Tauren Druid
12/06/2012 10:29 PMPosted by Drewb
Should still be able to access places in Pandaria that you've unlocked though.

I don't think this is the case. In previous expansions if you didn't have the expansion you couldn't go to the zones in the expansion. Cata might have been an exception since it wasn't on another continent, not sure, but I know you couldn't get to Northrend or Outland without the relative expansion until they were made part of the battle chest.
98 Orc Warrior
Your character will keep any items, gold, or pets you gain during the trial period. Any characters that are left in expansion-only zones at the end of the trial will be transported to their hearthstone’s bind point. If the character's bind point was set in a Mists of Pandaria-only zone, the character will be transported to its home city.

Source:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/mists-of-pandaria-trial-faq
100 Worgen Mage
12/07/2012 06:13 AMPosted by Dasffion
In previous expansions if you didn't have the expansion you couldn't go to the zones in the expansion.

Oh right, good point. I was thinking of the Cata trial, and all those Azeroth zones that are still there without Cata, unlike Deepholm, which isn't even available for the trial o.@
Edited by Drewb on 12/7/2012 6:28 AM PST
51 Blood Elf Paladin
You can go to Pandaria, Roll a monk, do everything that MoP owners can do

BUT!!!

if you have a 85, you will NOT level up to 86 and up! so all the quests you will do will be for naught so activate MoP when you get real close to leveling from 85 to 86.
32 Pandaren Monk
I was unaware of the level 85 cap on the trial edition. I submitted a ticket after I noticed I wasn't getting XP for my quest turn-ins. Will I get this XP back when I upgrade to a full license?
90 Night Elf Rogue
Next time make your own thread for your question, things change in this game quite frequently and old threads often are very outdated with wildly wrong info. That info was correct info at the time the thread was current, but now it may not be.

With 5.4 releasing in 2 days, and all the changes to the game that will bring, info that was correct just last week may be wildly wrong.

I was unaware of the level 85 cap on the trial edition. I submitted a ticket after I noticed I wasn't getting XP for my quest turn-ins. Will I get this XP back when I upgrade to a full license?

On the MoP 10 day trial (need an active cataclysm account for it to work) you are stopped one xp point shy of dinging level 86. Anything you do that grants xp after that point is lost for good. You will NOT get that xp credited back to you. It's only meant to give you the opportunity to try out the new class, see the beginning of the new areas, and explore the new features.

Once your 10 day is up that monk will become locked and unplayable (since you need MoP for a monk and you don't have MoP). It will become unlocked again if you upgrade.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]