Your favorite Horror movie

100 Undead Warlock
What is your favorite Horror movie and why? Or some of them.....

R-Point
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-Point

1st 1/2 is strong, good and interesting. 2nd half is weak and loses a lot of the suspense.

psycho
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psycho_%28film%29

Intense, dark, creepy....thoughtful and interesting, based off a Block story as well.

Nightbreed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightbreed

Hey, there is no accounting for taste, yet, I love this movie still. The short story was excellent as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Not much of a horror movie person. But I guess out of the bunch of movies I have I guess Alien would be a top choice.

It's kind of charming that the Alien is scary mostly because they did the Jaws method. Got a scary monster idea but the prop isn't working? Just don't show it often. Voila.

I enjoy the Silent Hill movies but only for the set designs and monster costumes. The story sucks and the writing is pretty bad. But I have a soft spot for practical effects.

Tend to stay away from scary movies since my cousin insisted on watching slasher flicks whenever I'd have to spend the night at his place.

Oo almost forgot. Pumpkinhead. For some reason I wasn't scared of this monster as a kid. In my own childhood mind I thought the monster was the good guy. ( he kind of is if you think about it ) Still rather happy the sci fi channel made 2 Pumpkinhead sequels to kind of make up for Blood Wings. Blood Wings is kind of a guilty pleasure for me now but oh god is it bad.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
John Carpenter's The Thing. The effects are still some of the best. Head that turns into a spider!
Wilfred Brimley going crazy! "I'll kill yyyyyyyyouuuuuu" *gun shot

I like The Shining alot. The silent atmosphere of the empty hotel in the movie worked so well to make the movie scary. Silence is creepy sometimes and it was empasized in the movie.
"You WERE the caretaker here." I stayed in a hotel one winter that didn't have alot of guests and I thought of The Shining a little bit. It reminded of it.

The orignal Night of the Living Dead. I'm a Pittsburgh guy and George Romero is just number #1 around here for horror. The ending still makes me say "Dude that sucks". The thing about movie is that it never got any copyright indication on the prints so people can just sell it.

I like some other horror movies though that probably aren't on alot of top lists. I like this movie from Wes Craven called Shocker. So bad and yet so good. I couldn't find the single copy of Shocker so I had to get it in a Wes Craven collection. Got two other movies with it though. People Under the Stairs and Serpent and The Rainbow. I've seen both.
Edited by Grumgore on 12/7/2012 4:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
The original Halloween. That movie is a masterpiece of American Horror Movies. Everything about it is absolutely chilling. The Rob Zombie remake is a disgusting farce.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
What is your favorite Horror movie and why? Or some of them.....

R-Point
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-Point

Yea, that wasn't bad. A similar movie, done in WW1, is Deathwatch.

My favorite horror movie isn't really a horror movie ... but, IMO, the original Alien is still 10x better & scarier than most of the stuff that's sold as "horror" these days.

Quarantine was far, far better than I'd expected it to be. So was Cloverfield.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm a person who loves, LOVES Horror Movies... especially mind benders, atmospheric movies, and things that "feel" off but do not delve into excessive gore.

That said, my favorite movies were, in no particular order:
1. The Mothman Prophecies
2. The Strangers
3. Absentia
4. The House of the Devil
5. Sleepaway Camp

If you've seen none of the above, definitely give them a look.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Videodrome.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Hunter
I'm still scared to watch Alien.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
In The Mouth of Madness.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
Haven't seen a scary movie for a while now, but I did watch The Ring a decade ago and it did give me nightmares. In retrospect it's kind of stupid but if you allow a kid who watches tv and plays video games all the time to see it it'll have pretty bad effects on them. I can personally vouch for that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Pretty much half of the Friday the 13th series.

I'm just a die hard for Jason... & watching them current day adds an extra layer of hilarity.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
"Pretty much half of the Friday the 13th series.

I'm just a die hard for Jason... & watching them current day adds an extra layer of hilarity."

They tried so hard in Friday 13th Part III to make it look like a real man was getting his eye squeezed out of his head. Lol. The movie was meant to be in 3D so you can see that was probably the big highlight. Eyeball right in your face!
Edited by Grumgore on 12/13/2012 4:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
28 Undead Mage

They tried so hard in Friday 13th Part III to make it look like a real man was getting his eye squeezed out of his head. Lol. The movie was meant to be in 3D so you can see that was probably the big highlight. Eyeball right in your face!

The 3D version is available now.
Reply Quote
The remake of War of the World with Tom Cruise is mine. The foghorn sounds the tripods made still haunt me to this day
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/13/2012 04:04 AMPosted by Grumgore

I wish people would make more gimmicky 3D movies like that. The "atmosphere" 3D sometimes just looks cheap and makes the screen muddy.

I hate feeding the 3D monster but holy balls was seeing Silent Hill Revelations in 3D worth it.

Dredd too with the water slow motion but it wasn't really used enough to justify the price tag
Edited by Rosenivy on 12/13/2012 1:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Elinarie.....you know about the goofup in the original Halloween movie. The scene in the beginning where Laurie Strode was on the sidewalk by the row of tall hedges? :P

Pretty much half of the Friday the 13th series.

I'm just a die hard for Jason... & watching them current day adds an extra layer of hilarity.

If I heard that infamous sound before he always kills someone and Im alone. Id highly likely crap my pants 10x over lol
Edited by Norilice on 12/16/2012 9:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Jaws. Any movie about sharks and things-that-can-eat-you-from-the water pretty much freaks me out.

Alien and its sequel Aliens. One of the best horror movies ever made.. not just from a plot/story perspective but every scene has an emotional atmosphere that is believable and really immerses you into the environment.

In the Mouth of Madness (yay! Cthulu!). Masterpiece on madness and creepy Old Things of Evil.
Edited by Deathtraxe on 12/18/2012 12:04 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]