Display Mode Issue

After 5.1, choosing Windowed mode and maximizing the screen (command+ M) no longer allows the use of expose or adjustments to screen brightness (without minimizing WoW).

Choosing Windowed (Fullscreen) does allow both of these options while the game is fullscreen, but reduces the clarity of the game. It looks as if I'm running it on something other than native resolution, when I'm not.

I also noticed some mouse input issues when using options other than Fullscreen mode.

All of these issues occurred post 5.1.

What's going on?
Reply Quote
Update:

Going from Fullscreen to Windowed (Fullscreen) causes the screen to blur, similar to if the game was running at lower than native res.

If I minimize WoW, and then Maximize it, I can use expose, adjust screen brightness, and the clarity returns to normal.

It was not this way prior to patch 5.1.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Have you tried to reset your UI and see if that helps?

Reset the temp files
    1. Navigate to /Applications/World of Warcraft/
    2. Delete the Cache folder.
    3. Move Interface and WTF to the Desktop.
    4. Launch WoW.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]