Resto shamans...

90 Troll Shaman
this is kind of continued from another post. This is the original post http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7320422436?page=5

totems need to be reverted back to its original form. We need to be nerfed differently than this, its wayyy to easy to control our class now.
This will help resto and enh who really need buffs more than nerfs.
This let resto, elem and enh support again just like druids and paladins can while they are cced.

shamans are too easily locked down now, and we have no support now while we are cced.

pallies can bubble/HoF/HoP while cced
druids are immune to a cc affect if playerd right, and can shift/displacer/stun while cced
priest just need help all around

I think this will solve the problem
first
Totems should not be affect by mastery - This is whats causing a big totem problem within silence. I drop my healing stream and it heals 35k a tick while im at 20%. thats crazy. should be a flat 10k with crits of 20k. Also says "healing spells" in mastery where as totems are more or less not spells.
second
mastery needs to scale less than it currently does - 50% mastery without stacking mastery is too high considering how good our mastery is. I feel the first nerf alone will be sufficient, but if we are still too strong.

as for pve I feel shaman are really strong and the only thing we lack is mana regain. if healing gets a nerf I feel a slight buff to mana tide would compensate for this. If mana tide did an additional 100%( or something like that ) to the shaman only.
This wouldnt be too extreme for pvp because 90% of the time its killed (and can be killed by everyone) and we lack a little more mana regain than other healers, we just make up for it by stacking spirit.
Edited by Zyzx on 12/6/2012 9:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/06/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Zyzx
I drop my healing stream and it heals 35k a tick while im at 20%. thats crazy. should be a flat 10k with crits of 20k.

I do agree that the Shaman was dealt a bad hand in PvP. I tried elemental in PvP today and it was just awful. My long obvious casts were slowed, kicked, and silenced. All I could do was just stand there and die, it was terribly frustrating and seemed unfair. The only time I have a chance is when I'm Resto, only because I can heal myself and keep mobile while limiting the enemy's movement with slowing effects.

I understand your frustration, but nerfing Restoration mastery isn't the best way of going about it. At the same time, silencing totems wasn't either. Perhaps they need to change the way certain totems work instead if they feel that totems are too strong while we are locked down.
Edited by Dezu on 12/6/2012 11:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
totems need to be support, not a survival cd (except for link).
Edited by Zyzx on 12/6/2012 11:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
no
no
no
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
12/06/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Zyzx
as for pve I feel shaman are really strong and the only thing we lack is mana regain. if healing gets a nerf I feel a slight buff to mana tide would compensate for this

The changes you described would hurt pretty bad in pve and turn the HST which for the first time ever is good, into a worthless stat stick again. I agree that the route they chose was pretty poor to nerf resto as it really hurt elemental more.

Nerfing healing in pvp should not be tied to the overall class design hence the reason they choose totems as nothing silences you in pve. And resto shaman needed a little nerf in pvp and i don't think hst was the culprit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]