Trinket Burst Damage Adjustments (Ret Issue)

100 Blood Elf Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7338813820?page=1

Taken from that, incoming PvP Changes we will see a reduced strength buff on the PvP Trinket, this is supossed to make bursty classes take less benefit from trinket, the "on use" effect will be reduced to half and the CD will be reduced too.

Why does it matter to ret?, let me explain.

We had a recent nerf to our PvP Power healing buff, we no longer benefit from it, we had no sustained damage and our burst was somewhat "fine" because we could throw amazing healings, but this was nerfed due Spriest doing insane amount of heal with little to no cost.

We were told that we should have no compensation because that was an intended nerf across the board to everyone, this left us the ret paladins with somewhat still ok offheals but self heals are really low. High end of the very few ret paladins relied on our burst to stay in the game, also our healing was really good when we used trinket with all our CDs up, but what will happen if they cut the trinket effect to half and lower its cds?.

We will have a weaker burst, yes, they're nerfing it because Warriors and Mages can global people and trinkets effect are a main part of it, but as we the ret paladins and several other classes do not posses the abilities to global anyone, we have too many shared abilities in the gbc, yes we will have 2k str every 1 min, but it will be useless, since arenas are all about burst, and several other classes will benefit from this "nerf" (much more stronger frostbomb in betweens icy veins CD).

The Devs should really take a closer look when doing these blankets nerf, because as soon as this goes lives.

Let me summarize the actual status of Ret of those who missed it.

Amazing Selfheal, Offheal : Tuned down greatly, PvP Power nerf.

Defensive cooldowns : 5min CD bubble, 3 min Devotion aura, 2 min Divine Protection, all of these can be silenced, (bubble can be dispelled).

Great Burst: Not Op but still great., 3 min on AW, 2 min on HA, it's hard to actually line these up, the only time they're really strong is when you line it up with a guardian up, and you can be CC'd to no end.

Utilities: Freedom, sacrifice Blessing of protection, these seems really good, but lately is all about tunneling the ret paladin until it dies, its really straight forward, as you can rarely use sacrifice, and you or your allies die in 2 gbcs.

If we eat that trinket nerf I'm not sure where ret is gonna be, we're not really good right now (compared to other classes, we're fine actually), and if they really nerf the trinket we will be having a harder time.

Sorry the bad english.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/06/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Faeria
Sorry the bad english.

You don't need to speak perfect english to know a bad idea when you see one.

Instead of fixing the problem classes, they're just nerfing every ones damage. It's hilarious. I wouldn't expect anything less.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think the only good news that will come out of this is that Frost Mages will be under the scope with Frost Bomb. But yeah, when I read the topic I nearly facepalmed. I guess at least it doesn't affect us in PvE... which... is a good thing, IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/06/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Bassm
PvE

wth is pve?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
You don't need to speak perfect english to know a bad idea when you see one.

Instead of fixing the problem classes, they're just nerfing every ones damage. It's hilarious. I wouldn't expect anything less.

To repeat a trend i see on the DK class page,

Warrior and mage burst is too high,
Nerf Buffs and items everyone has access to
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
WTF? seriously blizzard is driving me nuts, the obvious problem lies within certain classes and abilities, but I guess they don't want to directly touch their golden boy the frost mage so they will nerf everybody across the board, seriously I need to stop playing this game, I need to find enough will power to not renew my subscription and give the middle finger to ghostcrawler
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/06/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Invincible
PvE

wth is pve?

Wth is what the hell?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/06/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Bassm
I think the only good news that will come out of this is that Frost Mages will be under the scope with Frost Bomb. But yeah, when I read the topic I nearly facepalmed. I guess at least it doesn't affect us in PvE... which... is a good thing, IMO.

right up until pvp'ers start using pve trinkets in pvp then they will do it to those as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]