What class primarily uses guns?

78 Blood Elf Paladin
Sorry for being noob, but what class uses guns?

Are guns even a viable weapon to use?

I'm a bit bored of smashing people with swords and blunt weapons, so I wanted to try guns!

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Hunter!

And I'm pretty sure that's it anymore...

Be warned that a lot of hunters get annoyed with the firing sound of the guns, but you'll have bows to fall back on. As I understand it, you can transmog guns to bows and vice versa.
Reply Quote
Only hunters used guns, bows, and crossbows now, and hunters aren't meant to use melee weapons for combat anymore so they're very viable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yea, it used to be that rogues and warriors could also use a gun I believe, but it wasn't their main strength.
But yes hunters can use guns, and the higher level you are the more cool looking guns you'll find
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Yep we got da guns ... sound gets really old fast ... heard there is a add on to cover the sound but I'm clueless on it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/07/2012 12:08 AMPosted by Gashna
Yep we got da guns ... sound gets really old fast ... heard there is a add on to cover the sound but I'm clueless on it.

Or you can just mogg your gun to look like a bow or crossbow, and the sound will change to match the look.

OP: Hunters are the only physical DPS ranged class (all other ranged classes/specs are casters, and all other physical DPS are melee).

Since there's no more separate slot for ranged weapons, for any class other than hunters that can equip a gun, doing so would mean they would be unable to equip their primary weapon choices (sword, mace, axe, staff, fist, polearm).

And caster classes can't equip guns at all, they use wands as a ranged weapon if they so choose.

This means that hunters get all guns, bows, and crossbows to themselves.
Edited by Avanna on 12/7/2012 2:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/07/2012 12:08 AMPosted by Gashna

Yeah, there are a few addons that will mute or change the sound of guns. Of course, that only does it for you - everyone else will still hear it whether they like it or not.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I miss being able to equip a gun on my warrior. For fun during one late-night, get-drunk-and-alt-raid Naxx run, I ONLY fired my gun.

Totally got like almost 200dps!

Sure went through a lot of bullets though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/07/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Kerranggaroo
Sure went through a lot of bullets though.

Luckily for hunters, this is no longer an issue. While at one point hunters needed to make sure they carried ammunition in their bags, guns are now magically always full of bullets (and bows and crossbows are now magically always full of arrows).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
You're fully able to equip guns and bows on your warrior. I keep a bow as a backup weapon, although I don't remember ever using it. You're just not able to leverage most of your powers at range.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/07/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Cogruko
You're fully able to equip guns and bows on your warrior. I keep a bow as a backup weapon, although I don't remember ever using it. You're just not able to leverage most of your powers at range.

Warriors can't even use ranged weapons anymore. You can't shoot them, and your ranged ability is Heroic Throw.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
12/07/2012 02:37 AMPosted by Avanna
And caster classes can't equip guns at all, they use wands as a ranged weapon if they so choose.

And since you can't attack and cast at the same time, we only use wands for stats, not for actually attacking with them.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
12/07/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Icedragon
Warriors can't even use ranged weapons anymore. You can't shoot them, and your ranged ability is Heroic Throw.

We can throw stuff without being heroic about it. Pretty sure we can even Throw guns, as long as we're not trying to do it heroically or shatteringly.

In fact, since regular Throw is off the GCD, we can throw a weapon un-heroically while simultaneously throwing it heroically! /flex

Note: Don't know why you would do any of this, but see: Mt. Everest.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/07/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Ratatoskr

We can throw stuff without being heroic about it. Pretty sure we can even Throw guns, as long as we're not trying to do it heroically or shatteringly.

In fact, since regular Throw is off the GCD, we can throw a weapon un-heroically while simultaneously throwing it heroically! /flex

Note: Don't know why you would do any of this, but see: Mt. Everest.

I feel like it's like in the movies, when you're shooting your gun, then you run out of bullets, so you throw the gun at the enemy. You somehow make it effective and cool looking. xD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/07/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Cerylia
I feel like it's like in the movies, when you're shooting your gun, then you run out of bullets, so you throw the gun at the enemy. You somehow make it effective and cool looking. xD

What movies are you watching, Cerylia? XD I don't think I've ever seen this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

But only after you've taken a flying horizontal leap shooting a gun in each hand.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
12/07/2012 06:47 AMPosted by Amandalynn

Yeah, there are a few addons that will mute or change the sound of guns. Of course, that only does it for you - everyone else will still hear it whether they like it or not.

Sorry about that - the noise gets old fast. Avanna once again you have set me strait ... thanks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]