Healing pet peeves

90 Human Paladin
In the spirit of the holiday season that is upon us, I'm here to complain about all the things that irritate me when it comes to healing. I usually liken DPS to race horses because they're dumb animals with blinders focusing on one thing. Tanks on the other hand are comparative to your high school prom date; moving too quickly and awkwardly to actually do anything right. So, without further ado, my list.

1. DPS standing in stuff. Yes this is definitely top of the irritating list. It makes me look bad when you die, even if you decide to stand in corrupted water because the red flashing light that signals imminent death doesn't snap you out of your tunnel vision.

2. Actually dying. If it's my fault, fine...it still sucks, but don't do that. You have cool downs, take the 1 second it takes to use it. 2 seconds if you're a clicker and you forgot what spot you put it in since the last time you used it, it was an accident.

3. Tanks that pull more than they can handle. Bro, next time you pull an entire dungeon, don't. But if you have to, a simple "watch this" will suffice. That will let your healer know that instead of sipping on coffee wondering if Darryl will be okay on The Walking Dead he has to actually pay attention. Also use cool downs, it makes my heart attack less severe.

4. Hi I'm a warrior/DK who doesn't have worry about mana and I'll be your tank tonight. Please keep all mana biscuits inside your bags at all times since I will never ever let you use them.

5. Healing the last fight in the Brewery with dps who don't want to focus the adds and have abysmal damage output. Is your dps that bad that you don't notice the bosses health at 100% for the past five minutes you've been whacking it?

6. "HEAL ME!!!" - No, I'm here to watch...

7. I've covered tanks that pull an entire room. Now don't get me wrong, I love that if they can keep aggro and properly use cool downs. It's the tanks that pull one mob at a time that really rustles my jimmies.

8. Holy paladins need a healing cool down. Where's my "Oh S#!t" raid healing button?

9. Did I mention standing in stuff?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
People who seem to WANT to take extra damage just for the heck of it. I don't even mean ones that are slow to move out of puddles because I can tell myself they probably just have a terrible connection...ones that WILL NOT even try to move or worse will RUN BACK INTO THE CRAP WHEN YOU LIFEGRIP THEM OUT OF IT. I've had this happen several times in 85-90 groups lately and it boggles my mind.

Tanks that whine and cry needlessly. So the hunter/locks pet has aggro...if you don't need rage to hit it and the mobs are still grouped nicely and not going around killing things then just get second on aggro table and ask them to turn it off..no need to rage and be rude. If the pet lives, cool, if it doesn't boom you've got aggro shut the heck up and let me decide whether the pet lives or dies :P

Tanks that want to boss the group around. Dungeons are freaking EASY you don't need to try to herd everyone into the exact spot you want them in. If it doesn't look like the group can pull off whatever los pull you want then don't try it in a random pug (and this goes quadruple for tanks that want to pull the weaponmaster boss to that back door...it's stupid and gets more people killed than tanking it properly in the front corner of the room imo)

Dps that gloat about doing massively more than the others. Don't get me wrong I like a good dps that pulls nice numbers and gets things killed quickly, but once they start mocking the guy in bad gear I wish they'd just leave. It's not that I particularly WANT to run the dungeon with the guy doing super sub-par dps but as long as he's not standing in crap and making my job harder it isn't worth the drama of someone yelling at them.

Biggest pet peeve in all of dungeoning. People that will throw a giant hissy fit if someone else doesn't loot keeping them from skinning a mob. We are there to kill the bosses not to provide you with skins! Thankfully there don't seem to be many, if any, skinnables in MoP 5s so that's a relief for me. I'd much rather have the world full of skinnables than the dungeons :D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
We have a thread here about Pet Peeves also http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6294789945

A big one of mine lately has been afk people in dungeons or LFR. Today in fact I watched a warlock standing doing nothing at Sha of Fear in LFR, he had something like 100k in damage total. So I ran to the side of the water and life gripped him over there, and watched in glee as the fears pushed him almost off the edge and he died. I then msg'd him with "that's what you get for being afk, lifegrip FTW".

I'll also selectively not heal anyone in dungeons on AF for more than a minute or two (if they don't say anything), which can get dicey because that means I have to stop smiting, but I will because I'm vengeful like that. XD
Edited by Ocyla on 12/7/2012 11:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

This one irks me the most. It usually comes in the form of "heal?" or "heal!!!". There's of course usually a reason why you're not being healed...I've been silenced/CC'd/disabled somehow, you're out of range or out of LOS, I'm OOM and am conserving, or I've simply spaced out and am...watching Walking Dead heh.

Aside from that last one, they're all legitimate reasons, and the fact that no one takes 2 seconds to figure out why I'm not healing, or to check that I even can heal before we start fighting, then have the audacity to get mad at me afterwards...is pretty preposterous.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

This one irks me the most. It usually comes in the form of "heal?" or "heal!!!". There's of course usually a reason why you're not being healed...I've been silenced/CC'd/disabled somehow, you're out of range or out of LOS, I'm OOM and am conserving, or I've simply spaced out and am...watching Walking Dead heh.

Aside from that last one, they're all legitimate reasons, and the fact that no one takes 2 seconds to figure out why I'm not healing, or to check that I even can heal before we start fighting, then have the audacity to get mad at me afterwards...is pretty preposterous.

Add to this the people (usually not even the raid leader) who will call GET PEOPLE UP, GET <NAME> UP! when someone's health gets low. Drives me up the wall.

In one raid team I led (I wasn't healing btw) I wound up getting so aggravated I asked the offender "do you think the healers here don't know how to heal? Do you think <healer1> can't see the health bars? Do you think <healer2> doesn't notice when people's health is low? OK then, stop watching the raid frames and focus on your own job (he was a dps and did not put out spectacular numbers, he was actually doing much less than he should have been for his gear) or reroll a healer so you can watch health frames to your heart's delight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]