"Threatening Presence" over-nerfed

40 Blood Elf Warlock
As of Nov 29, Blizzard nerfed the Void Walker's "Threatening Presence" spell as per release notes.

As it stands today, I can cast ONLY "Curse of Enfeeblement" and my void walker struggles to hold agro. In that situation, he loses threat, but as soon as the mob runs at me and the VW attacks again, he momentarily regains threat, then loses it again.

Now, I will let YOU do the math on what happens when I try to cast any damaging spells.

I submitted a bug, but thought I would raise the issue here also in the hopes it will get some attention.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
bug.

my voidlord works fine.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Are you sure his threatening presence is active? I can't pull threat off my voidwalker or voidlord no matter how hard I try.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Warlock
Fixed an issue that could cause Threatening Presence to be permanently activated for the Voidwalker and Felguard.

Make sure threatening presence is activated as it should, then try again. My voidwalker/voidlord has no issues holding monsters at bay. I even use it to kill old raid bosses.

EDIT: To clarify, threatening presence was never nerfed. There was a bug that prevented you from turning it off at all, and that bug was fixed. That's the only change that was made to it.
Edited by Lokthen on 12/7/2012 8:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I'm not having this problem.
Reply Quote
40 Blood Elf Warlock
I don't know what was going on, but this seems to have fixed itself. I logged in as a level 73 warlock and had no problems, went back to this toon, and it was no longer an issue!

Really weird! And thank god it's not really an issue! I was NOT happy.
Edited by Aelinna on 12/7/2012 8:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
40 Blood Elf Warlock
OK, I figured out what caused the issue! I am in the Western Plaguelands and am doing the series of quests where you are accompanied by a troll named Zen'kiki.

Whenever Zen'kiki is accompanying me, I keep stealing threat! If he is gone, no threat issue. Very peculiar!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
great, a hunters pet can hold aggro better now than my voidwalker, keep losing it to said pet in scenarios. gg.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I didn't think that voidwalker had threatening presence and only voidlord and wrathguard had it?

www.wowhead.com/spell=112042
See used by.

voidwalker has suffering which is its taunt.
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=103128
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
12/07/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Blonky
great, a hunters pet can hold aggro better now than my voidwalker, keep losing it to said pet in scenarios. gg.

They do have a tanking spec for their pets. But voidwalker is a tanking pet... its a non issue imo. And so what? you need your voidwalker taking hits? If their pet is tanking it switch to GoSac and pummel those adds. Or Supremacy and see how the lord holds up
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Voidwalker does have threatening presence, I use him for questing :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Great, another warlock who doesn't read threads and jumps to baseless conclusions. gg.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
voidwalker voidlord whatever, still should hold aggro better than a hunter pet. never had any issues with it before the " fix "
Edited by Blonky on 12/7/2012 11:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Blonky bot voidwalker pet and hunter pet have "tank" auras , both give 500% threat increace.

the diference is hunter pet is a major part of the dps of hunter[this mean they hit more than a voidwalker]
if hunter pet hit 10k he generate 50k treat.
voidwalker hit lets see....7k he generate 35k.

ps: if you talk about being unfair the hunter pet hit more, this mean that YOU[the warlock] part of the equation of dps is like 80% of the total dps, a hunter is like 70% .

but my voidlord dont loose aggro for the hunter pet....only when the pet taunt.

and WHY the voidlord should aggro more than a hunter pet?
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Malacath
and WHY the voidlord should aggro more than a hunter pet?

It is an unnatural force on an natural world. Animals would sense its otherworldly nature and either fear it (want to run away) or hate it (try to kill it). I guess you could say, every animal will act differently according to its nature.

Guess i argued against my self somewhat. Ill just go over here and discuss outfits with my succubus.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
er...lore-answer =/

ps: just tried my voidwalker and a BM pet tank of my friend and both keep stealing aggro from one to another.

[but my pet is the voidlord] soo they kinda generate the same threath.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
ya, the only time my voidlord loses aggro is when the hunter's pet taunts, which our voids have taunts to, so it's just a back and forth game more-or-less. If there are no taunts going on, voidlord holds aggro all the time

If he can't even keep aggro off of you, you're doing something wrong...that's about all I can think of. lol
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Hunter pets have always been better than Warlock pets. Always.

As far as the OP's question goes, make sure its actually turned on. There's just no way he should be losing aggro to you.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Back to the OP.

see if

a) voidwalker aura is on
b) the taunt is on
c) the hit skill is on

now, one of my friends talked about the same problem but...he do quests in Dark apotheosis+ Voidwalker =x...sooo WRONG.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Make sure you have it on, and all your taunts and things are set to auto-cast. If that all checks out, it's either a bug or a scaling issue, because my pet can hold off 80k DPS easy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]