Horde Wins AV all the time!

90 Orc Warrior
Not really, but i made you look!

Horde is effin terrible at this bg, it used to be differently, we used to have fairly fast games with good win ratios....What the hell.... after several years, it's still just as frustrating to play an AV especially when its CTA and you're queue'in for a random.

and while we're here, what the F u C k happened to battle of gilneas? that tiny hill between mines and ww we used to ride up, was that hotfixed into a wall so we have to run up the road and jump down? Nerd rage at it's finest!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
1. Horde insists on zerging. Horde can not win zerging.
Nor can they kill Van with 4 bunkers up.
Yet for some reason the majority of Horde believe they can, even though they've lost their previous 8 million AV's in the exact same manner.

2. Yes
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
2. why? what was wrong with being able to ride up that hill? we can still get across it by jumping down from higher up the road on the side... what could motivate one to change that level design?

fail fail fail fail fail
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I agree, it's lame.
I don't know why, it was one of those 'unannounced' changes
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
For alliance to win, they send a group of 2-10 players directly south into the horde base at the start of the game. They secure the gy and towers, and wait for the rest of the team to arrive. If this happens, it's a 10 min win.

For horde to win, they have to prevent that from happening. They cannot win a race. That means defending galv heavily, as any base defense is quickly overwhelmed. Of course defending galv forces the alliance forces to spawn in the north, where they then wipe the horde offense, leading to a turtle. The horde wins the turtle at the icewing choke point, but it's a 40 minute game.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
12/07/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Prall
The horde wins the turtle at the icewing choke point, but it's a 40 minute game.

And most horde whine about it because 'they get honour faster by losing' even though honour is a useless commodity these days
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
i actually saw someone say the same about quick losses being more honor, i was curious and looked at the boards after an AV, obviously it was a loss, alliance got around 550 honor , we got 150, that was hilarious.

anyways, @ Prall, there's no reason 2-10 horde cant rush to AS and wait for the rest of the raid to get there, we used to do just that years ago. but now we dont even keep bunkers ever, not like once in a while they backcap, but people sit in van's room waiting for bunkersthey are not even defending and then qq they lose them heh, the rush strat works for horde, it always have, even more so when our cave was further up north but still..... you just can't lose bunkers, that's where horde fails, they sit in balinda, then in van's. idiots, they never know what an objectif is and that is not true only for AV.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/07/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Taebok

I love morons like you that further the stereotype of stupid horde players.

Horde actually have an advantage in a pure zerg b/c they cap SH bunker a good 3-7 secs before alliance can cap IB tower.

The real reason most horde teams lose a zerg race is b/c alliance always send 2-4 pallies/DK's straight to Relief Hut/FW towers.

Horde teams generally send 35-40 ppl into Balinda. If the horde would only send 10-20 ppl to kill Balinda, like alliance do with Galv, then the horde would win the majority of their AV's.

Many horde posters have already proven that horde can get to SH bunker before alliance get to IB tower and that both teams get to FW towers/SH bunkers at the exact same time. This means that the horde team will have a ~5 sec advantage in any zerg race.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
i didn't just say that 1 post above your reply....this shows that alliance doesn't need brain to win AV, further proves our point, thanks Paetheas
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Druid
Randomly swap sides with alliance. All they have to do is change the flags on the reversed map.

Equal amount of crying from south-starters should remove any doubt that this bg is horribly onesided.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
Gates open...Horde zerg rushes North and proceeds to pull all the non aggro npcs as the bunkers are all left undefended.
Solo Alliance stealther retaps undefended bunkers.....during this time Horde zerg has cleaned out all the non aggro npcs (ram riders, merchants, etc.) and proceed to storm Vann base and stare at him for the next 10 minutes spamming chat "WTF is our Tank!!??!@!"
Reply Quote
You guys keep focusing on map imbalances but the real reason Horde loses is because we keep repeating the same losing strat every game. It wasn't always like this but for some reason it went downhill since MoP.

I use to love this BG but I just can't play it anymore until t goes back to 50-50 win ratio again.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I honestly don't understand why people stay if they don't like this bg instead they would rather zerg north and do the same stupid crap each game than try to win. I hate losing bgs because my team mates don't even try do everyone a favor and just leave. This is the only reason I hate this bg because my team mates refuse to play the bg correctly and want a 5-10 min win or lost.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

And I love people like you who can't have a discussion without bringing in personal insults, furthering the stereotype of stupid wow players.

Here is the typical horde zerg.
1 person caps shb.
1 person caps iwb.
The rest run straight up north.
One person caps db north and leaves.
One person caps db south and leaves.
1 person caps aid station.
38 people then stand around staring at Van.
Alliance sends back cap team to easily recap shb and iwb.
1 Alliance player who happens to be up north notices horde not even defending db north or db south even though 38 of them up there.
He then recaps both.
Horde players then start screaming 'All In!' and 'We have to go now!' and proceed to constantly wipe on Van.
Meanwhile, by now the alliance has burned all horde bunkers and calmly walks into Drek's room and kills him.

I've seen this happen more times than I care to remember.
I try explaining to people what they are doing wrong and why, only to get shouted down (normally in the most profane manner possible)

So I'll say it again, horde CAN NOT win by zerging.

But please, keep insulting ME for 'furthering the stereotype of stupid horde players'
Edited by Taebok on 12/8/2012 1:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

And I love people like you who can't have a discussion without bringing in personal insults, furthering the stereotype of stupid wow players.

Here is the typical horde zerg.
1 person caps shb.
1 person caps iwb.
The rest run straight up north.
One person caps db north and leaves.
One person caps db south and leaves.
1 person caps aid station.
38 people then stand around staring at Van.
Alliance sends back cap team to easily recap shb and iwb.
1 Alliance player who happens to be up north notices horde not even defending db north or db south even though 38 of them up there.
He then recaps both.
Horde players then start screaming 'All In!' and 'We have to go now!' and proceed to constantly wipe on Van.
Meanwhile, by now the alliance has burned all horde bunkers and calmly walks into Drek's room and kills him.

I've seen this happen more times than I care to remember.
I try explaining to people what they are doing wrong and why, only to get shouted down (normally in the most profane manner possible)

So I'll say it again, horde CAN NOT win by zerging.

But please, keep insulting ME for 'furthering the stereotype of stupid horde players'

This is pretty much the avg AV game for horde 38 horde standing there looking at vann picking there noses and then screaming "all in" followed by dps pulling vann for the next 3 minutes until we lose when drek is killed followed by "omg your all scrubs".

Horde can win by zerging it just takes a couple people to stay in bunkers till they burn (recapping ibt/tp also helps.)
Edited by Shadowpowerz on 12/8/2012 1:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

This is pretty much the avg AV game for horde 38 horde standing there looking at vann picking there noses and then screaming "all in" followed by dps pulling vann for the next 3 minutes until we lose when drek is killed followed by "omg your all scrubs".

Horde can win by zerging it just takes a couple people to stay in bunkers till they burn (recapping ibt/tp also helps.)

No U play on D
Guild name I saw a while ago, pretty much sums things up.
Horde loses because they're selfish and refuse to play as a team.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Try playing Silvershard Mines as Alliance. I haven't won a single game and I've played ~10.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
[quote]

I think most players prefer to kill the Ram Riders and Merchants to up their damage meter cause it looks cool to see your name atop the damage meters when the final horn sounds ^.^
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/08/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Minerbank
I think most players prefer to kill the Ram Riders and Merchants to up their damage meter cause it looks cool to see your name atop the damage meters when the final horn sounds ^.^

Exactly this. The Horde can rush and have an easier time of doing it than the Alliance. The fact is they send 30+ people to Balinda, constantly leave bunkers undefended and then proceed to waste time not standing in bunkers and defending, but pulling all the NPCs in the Alliance base then complain that their base is full of NPCs that attack them and how the NPCs defend the base for them.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen the druids pulled into combat on my Horde rogue, even though they're no where near anything!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]