Dungeon Deserter after 1st boss killed?

90 Blood Elf Warrior
Please remove Dungeon Deserter debuff from being awarded after leaving a dungeon/LFR even after killing the first boss, I don't know whose idea it was to implement that but it's the stupidest thing I have ever seen.
It's incredibly frustrating when you only need ONE item from the first boss of an instance and you then get locked out for HALF AN HOUR if you don't want to clear the rest since you don't need anything at all from the rest of the place and you're just wasting time.

Not to mention LFR is nearly the same, I queued for 2nd half of MSV the other day, got put in at elegon, so I cleared the rest of it and requeued.. only to be put back into elegon. This happened 2 more times.
Not to mention i'd get deserter if I left, and I couldn't spam requeue for a fresh run because some genius decided they'd stop telling you how many bosses have been killed already.

That has got to be one of the most annoying changes they have ever made, wow.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
You leaving is inconvenient to the other four party members who are continuing the dungeon.

Deserter debuff is in place to discourage you from deserting and slowing the dungeon run for those other players.

4>1.

You're basically being an @$$ to the other group members and wasting their time since they now have to wait on a new party member to appear.
Edited by Oprichniki on 12/8/2012 1:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You leaving is inconvenient to the other four party members who are continuing the dungeon.

Deserter debuff is in place to discourage you from deserting and slowing the dungeon run for those other players.

4>1.

You're basically being an @$$ to the other group members and wasting their time since they now have to wait on a new party member to appear.
He's talking about LFR.
But in any case, if someone does not want to do content that is irrelevant to them, that is their prerogative.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm fine with deserter debuffs as it -should- be there but I don't agree with hiding dungeon progress.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
He's talking about LFR.

But in any case, if someone does not want to do content that is irrelevant to them, that is their prerogative.

He was talking about dungeon finder and LFR.

Edit: And true, but he should deal with the consequences of his actions and realize he is screwing other people over.

He should get his loot and be content, not QQ about a feature that is in place for a reason.
Edited by Oprichniki on 12/8/2012 1:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
He's talking about LFR.

He was talking about dungeon finder and LFR.
Fair point.
But the majority of the complaint seems to be about LFR, since he's talking about being dropped in on Elegon several times.
Which, for the record, I doubt.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior

4>1.

That would be a fair point, IF the people who leave aren't being instantly replaced due to elevated priority on the queue to put people into runs already in progress. You don't even wait more than 30s in most cases unless half the group leaves.

Is it really wrong in this stage of the game with such an emphasis on loot to not want to clear an entire dungeon, when you ONLY needed an item from the first boss you specifically queued for?
That is what i'm most annoyed about. You shouldn't be forcing people to stay in a dungeon/LFR they have absolutely no need for by saying they'll be locked out of everything for half an hour despite their spot most likely being replaced instantly, that's wrong.
Reply Quote
lol the whole point of deserter is to stop people from being selfish and abandoning their random party when they don't need them anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
12/08/2012 03:29 AMPosted by Metic
lol the whole point of deserter is to stop people from being selfish and abandoning their random party when they don't need them anymore.

Yeah, you don't get it. It's a random party and whoever leaves is going to be instantly replaced... Except whoever left is being locked out of ALL dungeons, LFR and even scenarios for half an hour afterwards, that's absurdly unfair.
It makes sense to stop people from leaving as soon as they zone in and making the group wait forever, but if a boss is killed at least they should be able to leave if they don't need the rest or don't have the time to do the rest without fear of getting 30 minutes of deserter.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
wait they finally implemented this?

about time.

People leaving is the reason you get stuck in 2/3 LFRs or get shoved into groups that are falling apart in LFD. This should teach people that if they want to run a dungeon, they should run it all and not just drop when they feel they've got what they and they alone want.

If you don't like the system then you don't need to queue up in the first place. By queuing you are saying that you have time to run the dungeon to its completion.

12/08/2012 03:42 AMPosted by Arcyh
if a boss is killed at least they should be able to leave if they don't need the rest or don't have the time to do the rest without fear of getting 30 minutes of deserter.

Why should you get what you want and force others to have to wait in a queue that might not resolve? Why should you be rewarded for selfishness?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
LFR and Dungeon Que both need some serious speedups I end up FINDING entire teams to que pandara and go right in and they are ALL in que tank healer dps something is screwy if I can find 20+ a day sitting in stormwind/Ironforge whereever made a team from people in Kls i do LOVE the idea of LFR although including say low level raids in it for people of those levels <raid Lich king at 80 WOOT> would REALLY make it kick tail
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Mage

Yeah, you don't get it. It's a random party and whoever leaves is going to be instantly replaced... Except whoever left is being locked out of ALL dungeons, LFR and even scenarios for half an hour afterwards, that's absurdly unfair.
It makes sense to stop people from leaving as soon as they zone in and making the group wait forever, but if a boss is killed at least they should be able to leave if they don't need the rest or don't have the time to do the rest without fear of getting 30 minutes of deserter.

No there not instantly replaced. Yes you have priority but i have waited 15 minutes even for a DPS at times. So guess what the other 4 people are no less important then you. The debuff is becouse it takes 30 minutes average or less to run a dungeon. In most cases it would be faster to finish then to leave. You have the choice of forming your own group and that way no debuff. And in all honesty it should be progressive. 30 then 60 then 90 and account wide.

SO EITHER FINISH THE DUNGEON OR GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by Northernlite on 12/8/2012 3:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
What I hate is numb....eh tanks that join a 5 man and insta leave, they should have a 9 hour debuff IMO, dont like that a player has BOA's? Dont like the dungeon? So sorry, you put in for a random, you knew what was avalible in the level range, dont screw with me.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
12/08/2012 03:26 AMPosted by Arcyh
Is it really wrong in this stage of the game with such an emphasis on loot to not want to clear an entire dungeon, when you ONLY needed an item from the first boss you specifically queued for?

You've used some people for your own needs, now it's your turn to used for a bit or suffer the consequences. At least from your viewpoint this is how you see it.

I see it more along the lines of once you join you've committed to the full run and if you leave you understand the price that entails.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/08/2012 04:29 AMPosted by Arkimus
It's a reminder that you can't just be a douche and pick and choose for your own gain at the expense of others.

A DPS is replaced with seconds. They've designed it so that broken groups get priority. If they make it so you always get Deserter, then I want a new group to take priority since I don't want to finish your half-done dungeon.
Reply Quote
2 Pandaren Shaman
Regardless of your needs you failed to take the time to learn how to help others who are in the dungeon to get the gear they are after and your needs to be the only self-serving isn't a great way to get people to receive you as a player but a selfish player.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]