Dungeon Deserter after 1st boss killed?

90 Human Priest
I don't know about all of you, but I don't queue for LFD/LFR to gear random people I'll more than likely never see again. I do it to gear myself, my friends, and my guildmates. If none of us need anything, I have no purpose being there. I'd rather not spend my free time doing something that doesn't benefit me in the slightest, thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
The only reason someone should not get a Deserter buff is if they were removed VIA the kick feature

Other than that, at no time what so ever should you NOT recieve the Deserter buff for leaving the dungeon on your own free will.

Working, as intended.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

It's incredibly frustrating when you only need ONE item from the first boss of an instance and you then get locked out for HALF AN HOUR if you don't want to clear the rest since you don't need anything at all from the rest of the place and you're just wasting time.

That's just rude. Sounds like something a "deserter" would say
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Please remove Dungeon Deserter debuff from being awarded after leaving a dungeon/LFR even after killing the first boss, I don't know whose idea it was to implement that but it's the stupidest thing I have ever seen.
It's incredibly frustrating when you only need ONE item from the first boss of an instance and you then get locked out for HALF AN HOUR if you don't want to clear the rest since you don't need anything at all from the rest of the place and you're just wasting time.

Not to mention LFR is nearly the same, I queued for 2nd half of MSV the other day, got put in at elegon, so I cleared the rest of it and requeued.. only to be put back into elegon. This happened 2 more times.
Not to mention i'd get deserter if I left, and I couldn't spam requeue for a fresh run because some genius decided they'd stop telling you how many bosses have been killed already.

That has got to be one of the most annoying changes they have ever made, wow.

HAHAHAHA....I say increase the debuff to 2 days and for a week after coming back the gear is half broken and cannot be repaired and also forced to wear what looks to be like a diaper that cannot be transmogged. This would be a nice form of justice for tanks that do this to others. I tank a lot and would not even think to be of such low character to do this to anyone.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
You leaving is inconvenient to the other four party members who are continuing the dungeon.

Deserter debuff is in place to discourage you from deserting and slowing the dungeon run for those other players.

4>1.

You're basically being an @$$ to the other group members and wasting their time since they now have to wait on a new party member to appear.

That would be a fair point, IF the people who leave aren't being instantly replaced due to elevated priority on the queue to put people into runs already in progress. You don't even wait more than 30s in most cases unless half the group leaves.

Is it really wrong in this stage of the game with such an emphasis on loot to not want to clear an entire dungeon, when you ONLY needed an item from the first boss you specifically queued for?
That is what i'm most annoyed about. You shouldn't be forcing people to stay in a dungeon/LFR they have absolutely no need for by saying they'll be locked out of everything for half an hour despite their spot most likely being replaced instantly, that's wrong.
Did a random heroic. Healer won an item off the first boss and left. Tank waited about two minutes, then also left. over the course of the next 5 minutes, the other two dps also left. I sat in that queue for 7 minutes until I got a new group. That is the most common outcome when some lazy jerk leaves after the boss he wants is down. If that's "instant", I wonder what other words I'm misunderstanding.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Vanarela
I don't know about all of you, but I don't queue for LFD/LFR to gear random people I'll more than likely never see again. I do it to gear myself, my friends, and my guildmates. If none of us need anything, I have no purpose being there. I'd rather not spend my free time doing something that doesn't benefit me in the slightest, thanks.

Then run with those people and don't use RDF? Seems win-win, to me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm sorry OP but I have no sympathy for you....If you can't be bothered to stick around and help the group just because a single item you want doesn't drop then you deserve whatever consequences you incur.

You want to dictate how the dungeon run goes? Group with guildies/friends.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
you have it all wrong, the dungeon deserter debuff isn't enough currently. its defiantly not to much.

you should also forfeit all boss loot you won, as well as any JP you acquired from killing the bosses up until the point you dropped group.

Respect and Disrespect are reciprocal, if you stop acting like an entitled !!#%@!!% as a tank eventually the dps will lighten up.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
What is this "instantly replaced" you speak of? I suppose if you're a tank you may not have to wait longer than a few seconds for a replacement dps. When the tank pulls a douchebag move, then the rest of us wait for quite a while before another tank shows up. Why are your few minutes to complete the dungeon more important than my few minutes I have to sit and twiddle my thumbs waiting for another tank to drop into our dungeon run?

And Vanarela, if you can't show your fellow players the common courtesy of finishing the run, then don't queue up in the first place. There are other ways to gear up besides running dungeons. Or maybe you should just stick to your guildies and then drop on them in the middle of an instance and see how well received your douchebag move is then.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Please remove Dungeon Deserter debuff from being awarded after leaving a dungeon/LFR even after killing the first boss, I don't know whose idea it was to implement that but it's the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

Not to mention LFR is nearly the same, I queued for 2nd half of MSV the other day, got put in at elegon, so I cleared the rest of it and requeued.. only to be put back into elegon. This happened 2 more times.
Not to mention i'd get deserter if I left, and I couldn't spam requeue for a fresh run because some genius decided they'd stop telling you how many bosses have been killed already.

That has got to be one of the most annoying changes they have ever made, wow.

HAHAHAHA....I say increase the debuff to 2 days and for a week after coming back the gear is half broken and cannot be repaired and also forced to wear what looks to be like a diaper that cannot be transmogged. This would be a nice form of justice for tanks that do this to others. I tank a lot and would not even think to be of such low character to do this to anyone.

+1 blizzard should impliment this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

And you are the type of "Person" that makes me thankful for the ignore function.

What, you have unlimited time to play this game? I'm not trying to pull the "I'm casual and don't have a lot of time to play" card (I'd rather gouge my eyes out with toe nail clippers than claim to be casual), but it's a waste of my time to sit through mindnumbingly boring dungeon content just to gear other people who aren't even on my raid team and that I have no connection to whatsoever. I go in, get what I need, and get out. I'd rather be doing something productive like farming for flasks and potions which is actually in some way beneficial to me.

Then run with those people and don't use RDF? Seems win-win, to me.

I'm not necessarily helping out four other people. You don't always have a full group.
Edited by Vanarela on 12/8/2012 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
12/08/2012 03:29 AMPosted by Metic
lol the whole point of deserter is to stop people from being selfish and abandoning their random party when they don't need them anymore.

Sometimes people are stuck in a group where the majority are selfish or jerks. In such a case, leaving isn't really selfish or anything. A player shouldn't have to sit in a group of jerks for 30 minutes, especially after having to wait however long for a queue. You shouldn't feel pressured to play things out while uncomfortable because you know leaving will result in not getting another dungeon in, or having to wait an hour before you get into one.

I have seen what you're probably referring to. I didn't do dungeons at the start of Cata, so MoP was my first time seeing them within the first couple weeks of a release. It was surprising to see so many tanks drop after the first boss, sometimes as other adds were still up and attacking our group, because they didn't see the drop they wanted. I'd never witnessed this before, even when I used to PvE regularly.

However, this is just another change that screws with honest players just trying to get through the game too. I hate the way the game gets changed in ways that punish many for the wrong-doings of a few.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/08/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Vanarela
I don't know about all of you, but I don't queue for LFD/LFR to gear random people I'll more than likely never see again.

I'm not just a random person though. I am a fellow gamer who enjoys the same game as yourself. To expect that I take my time to help you and think it's okay while you shouldn't have to do the same for me and anyone else who has helped you is selfish and reminds me of how 3 and 4 year old children interact.

Did you know that a bonobo ape will share food with random stranger bonobos when there is 0% reason to. They have done studies where they give bonobo A food and in a cage with a door and the lock is on his side that she can open, while bonobo B a ape that the first one has never met is on the other side of the cage door. The bonobo with food will in almost every case open the door and share its food.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/08/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Fairadey
I don't know about all of you, but I don't queue for LFD/LFR to gear random people I'll more than likely never see again.

I'm not just a random person though. I am a fellow gamer who enjoys the same game as yourself. To expect that I take my time to help you and think it's okay while you shouldn't have to do the same for me and anyone else who has helped you is selfish and reminds me of how 3 and 4 year old children interact.

Did you know that a bonobo ape will share food with random stranger bonobos when there is 0% reason to. They have done studies where they give bonobo A food and in a cage with a door and the lock is on his side that she can open, while bonobo B a ape that the first one has never met is on the other side of the cage door. The bonobo with food will in almost every case open the door and share its food.

In the time that I'm present, I'm helping you. In the time you're present, you're helping me. I have no problems helping you, so long as helping you also helps me. In the case that there's no loot left in the dungeon for me and I'm valour capped, there is no reason to aid you any further.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
12/08/2012 09:42 PMPosted by Vanarela
In the time that I'm present, I'm helping you. In the time you're present, you're helping me. I have no problems helping you, so long as helping you also helps me. In the case that there's no loot left in the dungeon for me and I'm valour capped, there is no reason to aid you any further.

Then suck it up and take the half hour penalty if you feel there is nothing left for you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/08/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Ameliapond

Then suck it up and take the half hour penalty if you feel there is nothing left for you.

I haven't said anything about being for or against dungeon deserter. In fact, this is all a non-issue because you can safely leave a dungeon without deserter if you've killed a boss.

I'm just giving you the reason why people do it, and why we aren't baby-eating Hellspawn for doing it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I think the only time the Deserter thing should be called into question is if you are disconnected
from the server thru' no fault of you own and it can be proved. Then, ... you should get what you
would get, if you hadn't be DC'ed, by default ...

Same for Battlegrounds, etc.
Edited by Mitzie on 12/8/2012 11:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
12/08/2012 01:32 AMPosted by Arcyh
This shouldn't happen. If you finish a partial queue, the next time you queue for that instance you get preferential treatment for a fresh run (not 100% guaranteed, but more than likely). So you either experienced a bug, or are lying. Either way, I hope a blue investigates the logs...and if you are lying, I hope you get a temporary ban for spreading misinformation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]