Arch locations

90 Tauren Shaman
any way that the little pointer could direct us to the CLOSEST fragment, and not the "next" fragment? arch is annoying enough as it is without having to go all the way across a dig site to get a fragment, only to have the next one send you back to exactly where you started.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Dear friend,

Archeology will never be our friend. I am currently at 600 max on two separate toons, and in hopes of capturing the elusive zin'rokh. I have almost leveled from 85-89 with archeology alone, if that tells you how much I've been digging, and have found that either Blizzard has long since forgotten about this mundane past time, or simply doesn't care enough about it to make any priority in order to tweak it.

So many have complained about the RNG of this being so horrible and Zin especially being such a low % rate and yet Blizzard continues to do nothing about it.

So many have complained this has become stale and yet, yep, you guessed it, Blizzard will do nothing to liven it up.

It seems that, while usually if enough people make a stink about something Blizzard will finally listen, with Archeology they decided to make an example of it and not help us out at all.

What's my point? You have a great point, but I'm afraid Blizzard just isn't listening. Sorry, bud. Archeology just seems to have went the way of the dinosaur (pun intended).

p.s. still won't stop me from the pathetically horrid, ceaseless, merciless grind that is, "The search for 'The World Destroyer'".
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
To be fair, they did modify it a few times. Leveling wise anyway, it's a lot less of a bear now. Doesn't mean I'm gonna do it because it's about as fun as flicking my ears (and without the satisfying jingle of my earrings hitting each other).

Archaeology was designed from head to toe as a time sink. Consider you have to fly halfway across the continent to get to the next dig site, running back and forth avoiding mobs to pick up stuff on the ground, to get chunks to form a random prize.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Download the add-on Archy, it tells you the distance from digsites on you current continent as well pointing to the nearest site on your mini-map.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/12/2012 06:49 AMPosted by Jozie
Download the add-on Archy, it tells you the distance from digsites on you current continent as well pointing to the nearest site on your mini-map.

Yeah Archy is what I have and definitely helps.

@Drunkencrono: Leveling has changed you're absolutely right, which is nice. What isn't nice is farming for a sword that is literally less than a 1% RNG proc chance that has been known to take people over 1900 solves to get, with photographic evidence to backup these claims. Or farming a staff which is basically along the same bang-your-head-against-the-wall lines as the sword.

I guess my point is, even though bind-to-account is nice, they're ilvl 359, sooooo why keep them at such an impossibly low RNG %? They just get replaced so more or less they're used for aesthetics.
Edited by Arës on 12/12/2012 9:16 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]