CC is out of control

Good God, you spend most of your time with a red screen telling you that you have no control of your character. Why put PvP in the game? Just lock my character for 15 minutes and trickle some honor table scraps to me. It's pretty much the same thing. >_>
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I agree, to many stuns, I can't stand to play anything but my pally right now, even with all the things I have to get outta stuff its ridiculous.

BTW...Warlocks need a mother effn NERF....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It's not that there's that much more CC in MoP, but with the addition of the alerts in 5.1, it makes you rage that much more because the center of your screen is constantly full of "STUNNED 6 SECONDS" "SILENCE 5 SECONDS" "KICKED IN THE BAWLS 10 YEARS"
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I love flattening bawls...

However!

As a player of a class practically built on cheap and dirty tactics like stunlocks, even *I'M* saying it's too much. I've BEEN saying it's too much. I'll CONTINUE to say it's too much. I miss needing skill and not just knowing when I go into an arena or BG whether or not I'm gonna get owned based on what I'm going up against because they have more stuns.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Need more Fear abilities. I don't think there's enough. I get chain feared to death even after blowing the trinket or WoTF. BUT, you know ... it's too short or not enough to last the whole BG session. What the fu... is blizz doing? Either they put moar of it or buff the already existing fear abilities to last ... oh, i dunno.... ummm, 15 minutes?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I agree, to many stuns, I can't stand to play anything but my pally right now, even with all the things I have to get outta stuff its ridiculous.

Can't kill it with 1 hit, must nerf it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/08/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Fralamor

Please, nerf warlocks INTO THE GROUND! Freakin fear.. trying to heal on my priest and I can't fear nearly as well as fearspamming morons like in the BG I just had! Oh and it isn't enough to just fear them, no, EVERY SINGLE TIME, fear has to run you out of the room! EVERY TIME. By the time I get back, FC is dead. GG Blizz. Seriously good job on fear (and this is coming from a priest alt!)

Every chance I get, I fear (with the spell, I don't fear them lol) warlocks because DIE WARLOCKS DIE! :)
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
LOL, blizzard hasn't done anything and it's been this way since 5.0 I'm pretty sure they could give two tureen
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
On my druid and hunter I don't find it to be as bad as many people complain it to be. If you're overwhelmingly CCed...you're outnumbered and probably should die.
Reply Quote
Of course you're outnumbered, it's a battleground. There are at least 10 players. And in a situation where I'm by myself? Yeah, that's just asking to be devoured.

Yes, some classes have to rely on control. That's okay! Some classes rely on mobility, some on absorption, some just heal to full. The point is...it is OKAY FOR CLASSES TO BE DIFFERENT. And part of that is that not every damned class needs a few forms of CC. It makes the game unplayable.

12/08/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Lmcm
It's not that there's that much more CC in MoP, but with the addition of the alerts in 5.1, it makes you rage that much more because the center of your screen is constantly full of "STUNNED 6 SECONDS" "SILENCE 5 SECONDS" "KICKED IN THE BAWLS 10 YEARS"

I kind of like the alerts. Yes, they are an infuriating shade of red. But I do think they would make for an incredible PvP video showing how out of control CC is..."wtf y is dis video all red and y rnt u moving noob" lol
Edited by Cragoth on 12/9/2012 7:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Blood fear is insane and you know it.
Reply Quote
I love flattening bawls...

However!

As a player of a class practically built on cheap and dirty tactics like stunlocks, even *I'M* saying it's too much. I've BEEN saying it's too much. I'll CONTINUE to say it's too much. I miss needing skill and not just knowing when I go into an arena or BG whether or not I'm gonna get owned based on what I'm going up against because they have more stuns.

"We" are saying it mostly because other classes have our abilities but better versions.

Examples: Kidney Shot - Shockwave, Blind - Blinding Light.

The two abilities I mentioned may have lesser durations but the fact is they are lengthy enough to be considered a threatening skill but more so the fact that they come with little to no cost and requirement (eg. setting up).

Not to mention we have to SPEC for our only gap closer whereas a majority of classes get theirs given to them for free on top of which they can spec to improve them.
Reply Quote
I would really like someone to develop an addon that keeps track of how much time one spends CC'd in an arena match, BG, or for every engagement (i.e. time in combat)

I'd be willing to bet that in a relatively short match, as a healer, you'd be CC'd upwards of 50% of the match.

Even as a mage with blink, trinket, double iceblock, I still feel like I'm sitting in CC 75% of the time in an RBG, or I'm bursted to the ground in a global. The game just isn't fun.

And I feel dirty when I do it to other people as well. Killing someone entirely in CC isn't really outplaying them in the current state of the game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
My only cc complaint is shockwave needs to be prot only, then you just get prot warriors avatar bladestorming killing four people but whatever at least its one less stun for an arms warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Uhh, yes there is THAT much more cc. 7 second Kidneys, Psyfiend, Shockwaving entire teams every 20 seconds for 4 seconds, instant blood fears, cap totems, AoE blinds and more, for only $15 a month.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

10 sec cooldown, 10% hp, breaks anytime I do dmg

you're a priest, you have 2 fears too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
12/09/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Dartail

Uhh, yes there is THAT much more cc. 7 second Kidneys, Psyfiend, Shockwaving entire teams every 20 seconds for 4 seconds, instant blood fears, cap totems, AoE blinds and more, for only $15 a month.

Fair enough. I guess what I meant is that CC is simply more layered now. It's the same old stuff, just in new forms and seemingly more spammable.

You're right. There is definitely more.

10 sec cooldown, 10% hp, breaks anytime I do dmg

Well, I mostly pvp on my holy paladin. I spend a lot of time in blood fears, and they seem to last for a pretty lengthy amount of time. It can break on damage, and almost always will before the full duration, but that doesn't mean that it will break on the first tick of a corruption or immolate.

Moreover, they don't seem to take 10% hp off your health in practice. Or maybe they do, but you heal it back so quickly I don't have time to see your bar drop by that much. 10% hp sounds like a lot - it's supposed to seem scary. But it isn't that bad, and being able to instant fear is wildly overpowered - especially taking into consideration the damage that warlocks can put out when they're allowed to free cast. It certainly outweighs the cost.

They're certainly effective in BGs, where you can use it to alter the path of a runner or use it effectively as an interrupt. I can only imagine the number it does on melee classes.

As for priests' fears, yeah, they're powerful. But psychic scream has a longer cd and must be used at close range, and Horror is used at the cost of a damage cooldown.

Edit: Fixed an inaccuracy (I thought blood fear had no cd) and I also forgot about psyfiend. No arguments there. That thing is crazy.
Edited by Lmcm on 12/9/2012 9:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/09/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Reez

Technically 4 fears.

AoE, then at least 3 fear casts from fiend.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Warriors shouldn't be allowed to complain about anything related to pvp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]