CC is out of control

90 Human Paladin
I like the little timer addition. Now all they need to do is add an audio noise to it so I can know when to look back from the TV.

12/09/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Klinger
Warriors shouldn't be allowed to complain about anything related to pvp.

There are things called alts.

Welcome to the forums!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah fear is out of control. As are locks in general :(

Nothing worse that falling through the space time continuum of wow because of bugged out fear. And running along the bottom of a lake at sprinting speed, breaking all laws of wow swimming due to a fear.

its broken and stupid and needs to be fixed
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i love rep...i really really really really really love rep.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Yeah fear is out of control. As are locks in general :(

Nothing worse that falling through the space time continuum of wow because of bugged out fear. And running along the bottom of a lake at sprinting speed, breaking all laws of wow swimming due to a fear.

its broken and stupid and needs to be fixed

Those are issues with pathing and the world, not exactly with fear :)

12/09/2012 09:31 PMPosted by Taypally
i love rep...i really really really really really love rep.

If you like reputation so much, maybe you should add your 2 cents to all those QQ threads about dailies in the general forum.

I keed. Seriously, I should be making the switch to repentance. I just cherish my 30 second cd stuns so much. I spend so much time getting tunneled and in counterspell territory, casting my CC makes me cringe a little. Just love the way everything is in the same school for us hpals.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
yeah, it can be annoying at times to try and get off. i normally just chill in the back and if something runs thro my friends to come after me, i just blinding light them and it gets me enough time to get either a quick heal off or a rep into a hoj into another rep. and if it gets crazy throw in a fear or two and a poly or nova.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
12/08/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Cragoth
Good God, you spend most of your time with a red screen telling you that you have no control of your character. Why put PvP in the game? Just lock my character for 15 minutes and trickle some honor table scraps to me. It's pretty much the same thing. >_>

I agree nerf Warriors!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Ez solution to all this? Once CC'd, no matter what type, you're immune to all CC's thereafter for 30 seconds. Make that change and it'll make a world of difference.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 07:59 AMPosted by Howlingmoon
Ez solution to all this? Once CC'd, no matter what type, you're immune to all CC's thereafter for 30 seconds. Make that change and it'll make a world of difference.

I don't think that's a good idea, really. I just think the amount of CCs need to be reduced. Perhaps focusing classes back into their specialties would be wise, rather than trying to get everyone to have everything.

Even making all CC share the same DR is something I'd have a hard time accepting. CC is and always has been part of the game. Again, I'm just saying there's way too much of it. Fortunately, it sounds like Blizzard is already well-aware and looking at this if Tom Chilton's interview on Arenajunkies is any indication.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i kinda like the screen flashing out redness alert from stuns and silences why? because it filters out what you can't use and shows you whats abilities u can use under chain train.

and not having the flash screen under cc will get you the " i can't do that right now or it's not ready yet feed back" which is actually bad cause all your icons seems initiable.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I do think most people would prefer dying in control of their toon, at least fighting back, than the helpless feeling of being unable to move for 20 to 30 seconds. If say you put a limit on the number of times you can be cc'd to three in 15 seconds, then immune for 15 to 30 seconds, it would make people have to be more aware of their cc, and when to use it.
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Priest
This is true. If your getting CCed that much?? then theres more of them then you. If you run into a room with 3 warlocks..your going to get feared..alot..BUT..DM dose seem a bit buggy right now..give it a bit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yes I agree CC is way out of control.. I just do not understand what blizz is doing at all.. They say they want to make more bg more competive according to patch 5.2 but I jus dont see how just make the class with the most ccs win cause now they will have better gear. Gettin stunned back to back 10x in a row and not being able to heal at all gets quite annoying.. and If you happen to break out of the stun maybe a fear or silence follows. But I am jus speaking from a preists point of view.. since the made dispel magic and mass dispel have cds now makes it much harder to be a support class.. becuase and 8 secs alot of ccs can be going on. and we have no way to help our fellow teamates.. so ireally its really not worth even using.. so why not give us our dispel magic without a cd back and maybe a fear ward buff for the raid or something alowing it to hae a couple of charges before it wears off.. nothing is wrong with cc jus give some class more ability to counter them making it fair and fun for everyone
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I completely agree, CC is far out of control. So many stuns, fears etc. And as a caster it's worse...I can barely cast without being interrupted without a lockout forever, or being silenced. I can't count how many times I've had a fight where I literally sit there and watch myself be bashed on until I die, because I simply cannot control my character at all.
Reply Quote
63 Human Warrior
01/25/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Sïthïs
I completely agree, CC is far out of control. So many stuns, fears etc. And as a caster it's worse...I can barely cast without being interrupted without a lockout forever, or being silenced. I can't count how many times I've had a fight where I literally sit there and watch myself be bashed on until I die, because I simply cannot control my character at all.

Tell you what. You can take away Intimidating Shout, Shockwave, Dragon's Roar, and Stormbolt if

- Hamstring becomes a snare again
- Howl of Terror is baseline
- Get another intterupt
- Improve healing mitigation on Bloodthirst and Mortal Strike 15% for those instant cast and HoT spells.
- Give us the old Glyph of Gag Order

The reason for all the CC is to keep up with the instant casts and to prevent toons from bursting with their trinkets. So its a trade off.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
CC is fine, nerf burst.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I was in an av with my rsto shaman and guarding a tower with 7 other people and we were attacked by 7 horde and I was stunned, spell locked, ect ect for over 5 minutes some druid or two kept me cycloned almost the entire fight. what a great time that was
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I was in an av with my rsto shaman and guarding a tower with 7 other people and we were attacked by 7 horde and I was stunned, spell locked, ect ect for over 5 minutes some druid or two kept me cycloned almost the entire fight. what a great time that was

I heard exaggerating is kewl.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I believe that most people (including blizzard) would agree that CC is a bit over the top. But it will get toned down over time.

what looks like a good idea in a 3 man arena becomes Insanity in a 10 man BG.

the real fun will be all the QQ post as each spec loses some of thier CC .... The forums are going to be a blast! O.o
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Hunter
It's not that there's that much more CC in MoP, but with the addition of the alerts in 5.1, it makes you rage that much more because the center of your screen is constantly full of "STUNNED 6 SECONDS" "SILENCE 5 SECONDS" "KICKED IN THE BAWLS 10 YEARS"
From what I heard, you can turn that red screen bs off from the in-game menu. Should be under interface and what not.

OT: I definitely agree that there is way too much CC.

12/09/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Klinger
Warriors shouldn't be allowed to complain about anything related to pvp.
No, mages aren't allowed to complain about anything pvp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]